About Snow College

Founded in 1888, Snow College. is a college. Located in Utah, which is a city setting in Utah, the campus itself is Town. The campus is home to 5,350 full time undergraduate students, and 0 full time graduate students.

The Snow College Academic calendar runs on a Semester basis. In the school year the student to faculty ratio was 20:1. There are 137 full time instructional teachers. Degrees awarded at Snow College include: Bachelor's Degree, Masters Degree, Post-master's certificate, Doctor's degree.

Quick Facts

Acceptance Rate100%
Application Deadline
Application Fee30
SAT Range
ACT Range

Admissions at are considered , with ,27% of all applicants being admitted.

In the school year, of the students who applied to the school, only of those who were admitted eventually ended up enrolling.

0% of incoming freshmen are in the top half of their high school class. 0% were in the top quarter, and 0% were in the top tenth. You can apply online.

STUDENT LIFE

We asked, and students answered these important questions about student life at Snow College.

“We”re apathetic”
“We know about current events and vote”
“We participate and encourage others to get involved”
“There”s nothing we won”t protest”
“We save it for the classroom”
“Sometimes, but not often”
“There”s usually intelligent conversation to be found”
“All the time, including weekends”
“I”m always terrified”
“I only go out in groups”
“I usually let someone know where I”m going”
“I feel extremely safe”
“We don”t play sports”
“We play recreationally”
“We bought the gear”
“We live for the big game”
“It”s not really our thing”
“Occasinally we gallery crawl”
“There are a variety of opportunities”
“We”re a very artistic group”
“Haven”t met them”
“Available in class”
“They keep regular office hours”
“They”re always available”
“No greek life, but other groups to join”
“There is some involvement, but not a lot”
“Plenty of people join a sorority or fraternity”
“It”s everything. If you”re not greek, you”re a geek”
“We”re not into drinking at all”
“Maybe a little, but it”s not a big thing”
“We only party on weekends”
“There”s some drinking happening every night”
“Never, we”re here to learn”
“There might be people who do”
“People are known to partake on weekends”
“There”s a huge drug scene”
“We”re apathetic”
“We know about current events and vote”
“We participate and encourage others to get involved”
“There”s nothing we won”t protest”
“We save it for the classroom”
“Sometimes, but not often”
“There”s usually intelligent conversation to be found”
“All the time, including weekends”
“I”m always terrified”
“I only go out in groups”
“I usually let someone know where I”m going”
“I feel extremely safe”
“We don”t play sports”
“We play recreationally”
“We bought the gear”
“We live for the big game”
“It”s not really our thing”
“Occasinally we gallery crawl”
“There are a variety of opportunities”
“We”re a very artistic group”
“Haven”t met them”
“Available in class”
“They keep regular office hours”
“They”re always available”
“No greek life, but other groups to join”
“There is some involvement, but not a lot”
“Plenty of people join a sorority or fraternity”
“It”s everything. If you”re not greek, you”re a geek”
“We”re not into drinking at all”
“Maybe a little, but it”s not a big thing”
“We only party on weekends”
“There”s some drinking happening every night”
“Never, we”re here to learn”
“There might be people who do”
“People are known to partake on weekends”
“There”s a huge drug scene”

Snow College REVIEWS

Write a review, Enter to win $1,000 Scholarship
  • How would you rate on-campus housing?

73 Students rated on-campus housing 3.5 stars. 16 % gave the school a 5.0.

• How would you rate off-campus housing?

41 Students rated off-campus housing 4.2 stars. 0 % gave the school a 5.0.

• How would you rate campus food?

73 Students rated campus food 3.5 stars. 19 % gave the school a 5.0.

• How would you rate campus facilities?

75 Students rated campus facilities 4.4 stars. 48 % gave the school a 5.0.

• How would you rate class size?

75 Students rated class size 4.6 stars. 76 % gave the school a 5.0.

• How would you rate school activities?

74 Students rated school activities 3.9 stars. 36 % gave the school a 5.0.

• How would you rate local services?

76 Students rated local services 2.9 stars. 14 % gave the school a 5.0.

• How would you rate academics?

76 Students rated academics 4.4 stars. 59 % gave the school a 5.0.

What's your overall opinion of Snow College?

87 Students rated Snow College

Natalie - 06/23/2022

I love Snow! It is such a great place to get and education! The people are inviting and the professors really value their students. They care about them I a way big university can’t. Campus life is so fun! There are lots of fun activités and student really get involved.

Nikko - 02/03/2021

Snow College is an affordable place to start your college career and a great place to meet different students from all over Utah and even students from across the US or even international. The amount of kidd here seems like a lot but the classes are well balanced and still give that one on one interaction with the professors.

Aaron - 01/02/2021

I love this place! Snow College is a great institution to get started in your career at an affordable price. For students that want to study generals and add credentials to their resume for the workforce, this is the school to attend. The teachers love what they do, and there is no way you cannot learn from them. The administration is excellent to work with, and they are fantastic at what they do. I am majoring in Music, the Music program here is incredible! They offer a Bachelors degree in the Music program, which is excellent for me because I can attain my teaching license close to half the cost of what a typical big university would charge. It is a small town, however, so there are not that many services around, but there is just enough. It pretty easy to make friends over here, Ephraim, Utah, is a friendly community with outgoing people. Although it is a small community, there are plenty of outdoor activities to do around, such as fishing in the lake not too far away from town. There is also a beautiful canyon not too far away that you can hike in. Contrary to what many people say, there is plenty to do in this small town. Even though Snow College is an NCJAA school, our teams are amazing for Junior Colleges. The big games are always a blast to attend and watch. This school is excellent to give the big game feeling and competitiveness. I would recommend this school to anyone who wants to start their pathway to their career.

Sierra - 12/28/2020

I really like attending Snow College. There isn't much to do in the small town but the school provides lots of fun activities to get involved in and meet new people. The housing is close to the school so you can save money and walk and the campus is small but feels like home. The people are all really friendly and the professors are all really wonderful and personable. It is often hard to find jobs in the small town. My overall experience with Snow College has been so wonderful!

Snow College FAQS

1. What is the Acceptance Rate at Snow College?

The fall 2020 acceptance rate for Snow College is 100%. That means, out of _____ applications received in 2020 , _____ students were offered admission. The number of males who applied was _____ vs the number of females which was _____.

2. What should every freshman at your school know before they start?

If I could go back and give myself advice for college, I would tell myself that the first semester is the hardest in figuring out what to do with all my extra time. The first thing would need to find an effective way organize my time which I a planner is great when it's used. Planning out your day prevents lost time of trying to think of what to do next. Budgeting is another big thing that makes or breaks you as a student. College is a time when your on your own and you can do what you want with your money, but how you spend it is either going to help or hurt you. Study, study study. I have always had somewhat good study habits during highschool, but college is a whole different field. There is always something going on at the college campus and discipling yourself to stay and study is difficult to do in any situation. The last thing I would tell myself would be, don't let distractions come before your homework or grades. Scholarships are a big help, and the more help you can get, the better off you will be.

3. What kind of person should not attend this school?

Anyone who isn't comfortable in a small town. There aren't a lot of things to do here during the weekend unless you like four wheeling or other outdoor activities. There's not any malls or large places to go shopping. Its just a good small town atmosphere and wouldn't be enjoyable if you don't like small towns.

4. Describe the students at your school.

My classmates are like that of any normal classroom around the country. You have your studious workers, the brainiacs, the partiers, and the goofs. It really depends upon what class you take as well. The harder classes tend to show a higher percentage of studious students, and you know that they are serious about what they want in life. They know what they need to accomplish and have realized how it will affect the rest of their lives. I would say for the most part, there is a very high percentage of hardworking students in the classes I am taking.

5. What do you consider the worst thing about your school? Why?

The size, therefore limiting the amount of class choices there are to take. As a freshman I didn't get quite the selection that i was hoping for.

6. What is the stereotype of students at your school? Is this stereotype accurate?

I see a lot of different stereotypes at Snow. There are jocks, stoners, geeks, musicians, and even goths. However, for the whole school, I don't know that there is a specific stereotype.

7. What do you brag about most when you tell your friends about your school?

I love telling people how much better Snow College is because of its size. The teachers are a lot more personable and you don't have to talk to a student aid to get help with anything from classes. The teachers are always available to talk and help you through anything you're trying to understand. The classes and campus are a lot smaller than other colleges and universities. Its a good transition school after you graduate from high school and gives you a chance to adjust to living away from home. Its just a great school all around.

8. What's unique about your campus?

The greastest part of Snow College is that it has a small town atmosphere. You are not run over by a mob of students while going from one class to another. If you like getting to know everyone in your class by name, and not just a face that you think you have seen before in the library. This is the place that will help you progress from small time High School to a two year college while learning to breath in the college life. Then you will be ready to fit into a four year University.

9. What kind of person should attend this school?

Snow is for student who are ready to have fun. If you don't know what you want to do Snow is a great place to start. your future. The second most affordable school in Utah is Snow college. They offer many scholarship oppertunities, so almost anyone who would wanted to go to a good school for cheap would want to go to Snow. The campus and the student body is small so anyone who isn't ready for the big change, Snow can relate to that high school size but has that college feeling.

10. Describe your favorite campus traditions.

I would say Snow College is best known for the fact that it works hand in hand with Julliard. They recently started offering a 4 year music degree, which says a lot for a junior college. People who are interested in the Arts at all would be doing themselves a favor by going to Snow. It's a wonderful school and it has a lot fo offer. There is also a lot of school spirit and Football season brings everyone together!

11. Here's your chance: Say anything about your college!

The amazing music program. Being able to attend one of the only schools in the nation with ties to Julliard made the choice easy.

12. What are the academics like at your school?

Snow college has the most greedy, selfish, and poorly trained employees I have ever come across. They will do anything short of illegal to take advantage of vulnerable college students.

13. What are the most popular student activities/groups?

14. What is your overall opinion of this school?

15. Describe how your school looks to someone who's never seen it.

The people attending Snow College vibrate a willingness to learn greatness; and greatness makes the people, and people make the school.

16. Is the stereotype of students at your school accurate?

17. What is the stereotype of students at your school?

18. What's the one thing you wish someone had told you about freshman year?

What my major should have been as well as the disipline needed to study.

19. What's the most frustrating thing about your school?

The most frustrating thing about my school is the lack of support as to deciding what my major should be. I really felt like I had no help in finding out what I was good at. There isn't a lot of resources to help me figure out what I'm capable of doing and the major that would be best for me.

Student Body

Student Organizations

Fraternities

Sororities

Housing

of students living on campus

Student Diversity

% American Indian/Alaskan Native
% Asian/Pacific Islander
% Black or African-American
% Hispanic/Latino
% White or Caucasian

TUITION & AID

All students must apply yearly for financial aid. This process starts with the FAFSA. Though financial aid deadlines vary by school, it is a good idea to apply as soon as possible. For the upcoming school year, you can apply as early as October 1 for the FAFSA. Additional school aid will be dependent on the FAFSA results.

85% of students attending Snow College receive some sort of financial aid. 38% were awarded federal grants. While 58% received federal loans. Many students do also need to apply for additional private student loans.

Cost Out of State

$12,070

Tuition and fees(Out of state)

$2,300

Books and Supplies

$5,200

Room and Board

19,570

Total On Campus

Actual Cost By Income Level(W/Financial Aid)

Family Income
$11,454
$110K & UP
$12,306

FIND SCHOLARSHIPS

Find your perfect match from over 3 million scholarships!

CAN YOU GET INTO Snow College?

Complete your profile to see if this school is a fit for you, and what your chances of admitance are.