Phoenix, AZ
South Mountain Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend South Mountain Community College

MIlagros

I'm going to start a new experience in my life. "College" I'm so excieted, because is a new experience and chanllenge. I'm ready to skip any obstacle, although it will not be easy, because I'm still not fully prepared in English, but this not scares me, on the contrary it gives me more strength to move forward and learn with more efforto.

Ryan

My classmates while i've been here have been very friendly and easy to get along with, i've created many new friendships through various classes and playing basketball, the teachers have all been very helpful and willing to do whatever they can to help me suceed in their classes and give me advice on what can help me transfer smoothly and succeed after South Mountain CC., I think that's the case because South is smaller than most community colleges so you can get more one on one attention and help.

I would have told myself that college life is fun, and you have alot more freedom than you have in high school but you have to keep your priorities straight and use your time wisely. More importantly than anything though i would have told myself that I have to be totally self motivated, with a plan and goals to strive for because no one is pushing you to go to class or do your homework or study for your exams like in high school. I would have told myself that once i reach this point i'm in control of how far i want to go, because you have to make the effort to talk to your advisor's and ask questions about what scholarships opportunities are available to you or what classes you have to take in order to work your way towards completing your degree and putting yourself in a postion to suceed in rewarding career that your interested in and passionate about. More so than anything i would have kept telling myself that these next however many years would be the most important in my life in deciding how successfull I'll ultimately be.

I wish I would have known exactly what career path i wanted to follow when i arrived here so I would have gotten all of my general classes out of the way for my major instead of most of them before i transfer to the Cronkite School at ASU next year. Aside from that i guess i wish i would have known all the scholarship programs and opportunites that were available to me to help me proceed with my education in the future.

Shasta

The advise I would give myself as a high school senior would be to make sure to take math each year of high school. I chose to take the route of no math after sophomore year, and I spent my whole first year of college catching up to a math that counted towards my degree. That would be the biggest thing that I would change.

Lena

My classmates were funny, smart, determined, and worked hard all semester.

My classmates were funny, smart, determined, and worked hard all semester.

Transitioning form a High School Senior to a College Freshman may be one of the most important times in your life. Education is your key to success so stay focused. In order to be the best you must put in your best effort, that includes: going to class on time everyday, turning in every assignment, and doing your best on every assignment. Friends come and go but your education will take you where you need to be so don't slack off when it matters most.

The small classes, the teachers cared and were very helpful, they weren't there to see you fail they wanted to help you succeed.

Dorothy

I don't really pay attention to my classmates but I know that when we have group discussions that a lot of them participate, and when we have study groups a good amount of then do attend. so I would say that they are helpful and supportive.

I would tell myself not to be in such a hurry to grow up, the world is a mean and cruel world, I would tell Myself to listen to all the advice that I could get from my elders. I would tell myself not to get caught up in the wrong crowd because in doing so I wouldn't want to do anything with my life, and once I did decide that I wanted to do something it would be a lot harder to get started. I would just encourage myself to do the things that I needed to do to keep moving forward.

I feel that anyone who wants a chance to better themselves, and make something out of their life should attend any college, regardless of how old they are or what obstacles they have in their life?s.

Viviana

First, I would tell myself, what am I thinking wearing that. I'll tell myself that if i think being a high school senior is hard just wait until I get into college. Things will much harder and cost alto of money. I would tell myself not to go straight into college right after high school. I should take a break and decided if going into college is what I really want to do if so what do I really want to do, whats my interest, because I cant just waste my time taking classes I have no interest in taking because at the end of the day that's wasting money. Finical aide is not for every. I would also tell myself to apply for college out of state so that I can experience how college life is really about. I would tell myself that at times it will get hard. I'll days when I don't want to get out of bed but I will just have to push myself. Push myself to the best of my ability because when I walk on the stage and get my degree its going to be worth it.

Alicia

My first piece of advice would be GO CHANGE YOUR MAJOR AND FIRST SEMESTERS SCHEDULE, because it's going to be the start of your hatred for school. I wish I would been as confident then as I am now that creative writing is my passion and is the path I was destined to take. I would tell myself that school is going to be hard but pursuing your true passion will make it all worth it. My biggest regret that I have made is not knowing what all of my options were and just going with the degree path I thought I had to do. Also going from high school to an out-of-town is going to be an extremely hard transition and you have to keep your head about it. Remember why you are there, school, and don't let the distractions of freedom allow you to stray. Most importantly, DON'T PROCRASTINATE! Get what you need to get done and fight every instinct in you to put it off for another time!

The worst thing about my school...If I had to pick something I guess would be the saftey and the poor reputation it may have received because of it. In 2008 there was a shooting and three people were wounded but survived.

This school has actually restored my love for school. When I came to this school after attending Northern Arizona University for 4 1/2 years I was really beat down and wanted to give it up all together and forget the diplomas. The teachers especially changed my mind about this. I think anyone who is looking to gain or even regain a love for learning should attend this school. The teachers and student body are very uplifting and accepting as a whole.

Shelisa

My school has less students in a class than at a university. The teachers actually help you one on one and they know your name appose to just being a face in the crowd. Our campus withholds the oppurtunity for the students to make careers at the school while still being a student, it is an aid to help you find work. It also prepares high school students as they journey with the ACE (Achieving College Education) program. This is a program that allows students that are high school sophmores to take college courses.

At this point in my life I need to buckle down and focus on applying for scholarships and college. I need to look into the options that I enjoy as a major and find out the requirements needed for that major. Also, find a school that you find interesting and has your major with a program or internship to go with it. Jump into financial aid information and sign up for FAFSA. Get all the neccesities done for college and since you are in the ACE program, get all of your prerequisites out of the way. Do not stress about anything, relax and get ready for the transition.

There is no one who should not attend this school. It is ju a matter of who is serious about his or her education. They have to be willing and dedicated to the time and work of being a college student. A person that does not have the best priorities when it comes to school may be the people who should not attend. I say that only because it would waste time for everyone they come into contact with including themselves.

Markesha

They are fun and exciting people that I get along with and enjoy being around.

They are fun and exciting people that I get along with and enjoy being around.

Go to a university and get your education as soon as possible.

That they are flexible and understand that issues do come about and they can be there to help resovle them.

Sascha

wait to have children. Its only a small fraction of your time compared to the rest of your life. and make everything count for something

Peer tutoring. Because your peers know and can relate more to you than maybe a teacher ever could. Comfort is also a huge key to success.

anyone can attend a college. As long as you are willing to invest the time, you can succeed and that is what a college is for...to aid in becoming successful.

South Mountain Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.