Levelland, TX
South Plains College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend South Plains College

Ryan

It feels quite small. You will definitely feel out of place if you do not have a car. As it seems that everyone at the campus is driving. The classes are small, similar to those of High School. The food here is not good as I feel there should be more options. The dorms are awful.

Nicolette

I think that SPC is a good school to take your basic core classes at and then transfer. I like that the class sizes are smaller and that the professors are easy to talk to and always available to help. The campus is always very clean and well kept up with. The advisors are very helpful to get you on the right course plan. The only thing I have had a problem with is the financial office, they do not really seem like they want to help you. They are more there just to get all the paper work done to send in for FAFSA and not really help you find ways to get scholarships or grants.

Michala
The Next Big Future

South Plains College is the right college for me to start and to start learning about my major

The Next Big Future

Kortney

I think that this is a wonderful school to start at. There is a lot to do academically. Socially? Well, I wish there was a little bit more...I'm not really a fan of the anime club and I can't join the Latin club either. But the teachers are great. I just wish I could meet with my teachers before I actually go to class...

The pumpkin spice latte girls, the ghetto boys, the nerds, the jocks, the overachievers, and the underachievers. They are all accurate...

Going to the basketball games I think...I was kind of a loner my last two semesters...I'll let you know later.

There are many types of students at South Plains. The one's that I've met are the leaders, followers, and comedians. Just make sure that there aren't too many leaders in one room. That's how fights start.

There is something for everybody at my school. If you want to be a teacher, like yours truly, then there is enough there for you. If you want to be an engineer or a musician they have a path for you. Classes are challenging at times. My teachers really made me think outside the box. The ones that really cared took extra time to help me the best that they could. I really appreciated that...I still hate math though.

Kaiti

If I was given the opportunity to go back in time, I would have a few things to tell my high school self. The most important thing I would ahve to tell myself would be to stop letting negative people into my life because of how draining it was. I would make sure I understood that my happiness is worth more than that. The next thing I would relay would be to take the time to enjoy high school. It goes by really fast, and once you graduate, real life sets in. I would make sure I understood that as magical as college sounds, it is a lot more work than high school. The last thing I would talk to myself about would be to cherish the little things like waking up to pancakes, or a good morning hug from Mom. I would tell myself that while living away from home can be so much fun, you get homesick really easily.

There is nothing wrong with the school itself, but there is one thing I sometimes wish was different. That is the town itself. I sometimes with there was more to do, or more places to go besides just staying on campus all day everyday.

South Plains is the kibd of college that anyone can attend and excell. As long as they put in effort and apply themselves in all of their classes, anyone can do great while attenting SPC. However, South Plains is known for its science classes. Being a Nursing major, I'd encourage anyone looking for a job involving science to choose SPC.

Pablo

If I could go back and talk to myself as a senior I would tell myself to commit more to my schoolwork and start thinking more seriously about my future. I had no idea what I wanted to do with my life and I didn't worry about it enough. Also I was always nervous about going to college because I was worried about what people would think of me and making friends. Now I realize that it doesn't really matter to me what people think of me because being honest and acting normal would help make friends. I always felt like I had to impress everyone else to be accepted and I was wrong. Everyone is worrying about themselves and are at college primarily to learn and maybe have a bit of fun on the side.

I wish I would have known that studying often throughout the week would help me learn better rather than cramming on the weekend before a test. Also I wish I would have known what career I want to pursue now so I could have prepared myself better when I started going to this school.

Someone who is looking to just party and not show up to their classes shouldn't attend this school. Attending class is very critical towards someones grade and proffesors will usually drop a student after four missed classes. Students need to dedicate some of their own time to receive a good grade point average from this school instead of partying.

Antony

If I could go back in time and tell myself everything I know now about college, the first thing I would tell myself is to start applying for scholarships early. There are many hidden costs of going to college that are not covered by the tuition. Some examples are laptops, gas to get to school, parking permits, and school supplies. The second thing I would tell myself is to put the high school concept of procrastination away. Procrastinating on homework and research papers will not get you the grade that you want. Procrastinating will actually cause you to rush your work and not put forth your best effort into the project. The old saying "what you get out, is what you put in" is true in college. If you put forth 50% then you receive nothing more. The last thing I would tell myself is to get a good night?s rest before class. Falling asleep in class is never good, especially when there are notes that are needed for a test in the near future. Getting all the notes in class is crucial in studying for tests and quizzes, and you cannot do that when your eyes are closed.

The worse thing about my school would be the location of the main campus. Everyday that i have class i have to begin driving an hour before my first class, and i usually get there ten minutes before the class begins. The drive makes getting there on time more difficult. Not only that, it puts more wear on my car. However this is not the most horrible thing, and that is the worse thing that comes to mind.

When i am telling my friends about my school, i usually begin with that South Plains College is the best community college around. They have teachers that get on a first name basis with their students, and actually take the time to insure that their students understand the concepts that are being taught. However, the teachers are not all that is great. South Plains College is also affordable and works with you to get you into class and on your way to a better future. South Plains is commited to their students.

Chaloy

South Plains College is best known for the staff and professors here at South Plains, that provide a learning envirornment that is helpful to every college student who attends this college. Each class that each student takes, allows that student to understand the importance and learning for the class, that way the student may use it towards thir major and or for their knowledge in the future. The campus allows students to get a feel for what a college experience is all about, including a average size campus and dorms and housing to give a feel of how college works.

I would be alot more prepared ahead of time, instead of cramming everything at the last minute, therefore I knew all my options that were layed out in front of me and I could choose the right one. I would choose the college that I thought would best benefit me in the future and would help me further my education in becoming what I want to become, and that is to be a nurse. Considering different programs that could help me ahead of time that I was qualified for would have helped me out alot. That way I would have the money I needed ahead of time and wouldnt have to worry about it when the time came for me to need the money to pay for college. I would consider alot more colleges that why I had more options to choose from and look ahead of time at all the colleges, that way if I needed to I could visit each college to see if that was the right one for me to pursue my dreams in life. Last with all the transportation that was needed to think over before I came to college would have been very helpful.

Before attending this school, I wish I would have known how many students were enrolled at South Plains College. I wish I would of known other programs that I could have gotten involved with, especially concerning the Gateway program that is linked with Texas Tech University. I wish I had the chance before arriving at South Plains, that I could have gotten the chance to personaly meet the student body and my professors before hand. The supplies that were needed for each class would have been helpful to know that way I would have been prepared and ready to attend.

South Plains is where a lot of kids from surrounding high schools go to complete their basics and decide on a major. South Plains also has a nursing program that I have heard is pretty good. I know they worked with the high school I attended to help other students be prepared for college nursing classes.

So far South Plains has been unique because of how willing the teachers are to help the students. If I have a question or if im confused about the material i can email my teacher or even go talk to them about it during their office hours. I have friends that attend Tech and they tell me stories about having professors who just dont care and dont want to help.

I would tell myself to take things more seriously and dont slack off. It is really important you pay attention in your classes it will make things much easier in college. Even though the classes seem useless and boring you are going to have to take similar classes in college and they are much easier if you have a basic understanding of the subject.

Gracie

South Plains College is located in Levelland Texas. It has two branches in Lubbock Texas that makes it convenient for me to attend. They offer classes where you can earn an associates or get certified in a field.

Well Gracie here you are a Senior. Who would of thought you would have made it? You know what I mean both your parents never finished school. Your grades never mattered as long as you were passing. Well that is the past and here comes the future. It's all about you. Its time to make something of yourself. If you are thinking that College is the same as High School it is not. Don't be afraid, College is challenging but not the way high school was. If you can graduate from high school you can make it in college. Just think no parents its going to be great. You will be responsible for you, getting to class on time, doing your homework and getting registered for all your classes. You have already done all this in high school just don't be scarred you can do it.

The best thing about South Plains College is that the classes are small. When you have smaller classes that allows the teacher to get to know the students better and vise versa.

South Plains College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.