Levelland, TX
South Plains College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend South Plains College

Pablo

If I could go back and talk to myself as a senior I would tell myself to commit more to my schoolwork and start thinking more seriously about my future. I had no idea what I wanted to do with my life and I didn't worry about it enough. Also I was always nervous about going to college because I was worried about what people would think of me and making friends. Now I realize that it doesn't really matter to me what people think of me because being honest and acting normal would help make friends. I always felt like I had to impress everyone else to be accepted and I was wrong. Everyone is worrying about themselves and are at college primarily to learn and maybe have a bit of fun on the side.

I wish I would have known that studying often throughout the week would help me learn better rather than cramming on the weekend before a test. Also I wish I would have known what career I want to pursue now so I could have prepared myself better when I started going to this school.

Someone who is looking to just party and not show up to their classes shouldn't attend this school. Attending class is very critical towards someones grade and proffesors will usually drop a student after four missed classes. Students need to dedicate some of their own time to receive a good grade point average from this school instead of partying.

Antony

If I could go back in time and tell myself everything I know now about college, the first thing I would tell myself is to start applying for scholarships early. There are many hidden costs of going to college that are not covered by the tuition. Some examples are laptops, gas to get to school, parking permits, and school supplies. The second thing I would tell myself is to put the high school concept of procrastination away. Procrastinating on homework and research papers will not get you the grade that you want. Procrastinating will actually cause you to rush your work and not put forth your best effort into the project. The old saying "what you get out, is what you put in" is true in college. If you put forth 50% then you receive nothing more. The last thing I would tell myself is to get a good night?s rest before class. Falling asleep in class is never good, especially when there are notes that are needed for a test in the near future. Getting all the notes in class is crucial in studying for tests and quizzes, and you cannot do that when your eyes are closed.

The worse thing about my school would be the location of the main campus. Everyday that i have class i have to begin driving an hour before my first class, and i usually get there ten minutes before the class begins. The drive makes getting there on time more difficult. Not only that, it puts more wear on my car. However this is not the most horrible thing, and that is the worse thing that comes to mind.

When i am telling my friends about my school, i usually begin with that South Plains College is the best community college around. They have teachers that get on a first name basis with their students, and actually take the time to insure that their students understand the concepts that are being taught. However, the teachers are not all that is great. South Plains College is also affordable and works with you to get you into class and on your way to a better future. South Plains is commited to their students.

Chaloy

South Plains College is best known for the staff and professors here at South Plains, that provide a learning envirornment that is helpful to every college student who attends this college. Each class that each student takes, allows that student to understand the importance and learning for the class, that way the student may use it towards thir major and or for their knowledge in the future. The campus allows students to get a feel for what a college experience is all about, including a average size campus and dorms and housing to give a feel of how college works.

I would be alot more prepared ahead of time, instead of cramming everything at the last minute, therefore I knew all my options that were layed out in front of me and I could choose the right one. I would choose the college that I thought would best benefit me in the future and would help me further my education in becoming what I want to become, and that is to be a nurse. Considering different programs that could help me ahead of time that I was qualified for would have helped me out alot. That way I would have the money I needed ahead of time and wouldnt have to worry about it when the time came for me to need the money to pay for college. I would consider alot more colleges that why I had more options to choose from and look ahead of time at all the colleges, that way if I needed to I could visit each college to see if that was the right one for me to pursue my dreams in life. Last with all the transportation that was needed to think over before I came to college would have been very helpful.

Before attending this school, I wish I would have known how many students were enrolled at South Plains College. I wish I would of known other programs that I could have gotten involved with, especially concerning the Gateway program that is linked with Texas Tech University. I wish I had the chance before arriving at South Plains, that I could have gotten the chance to personaly meet the student body and my professors before hand. The supplies that were needed for each class would have been helpful to know that way I would have been prepared and ready to attend.

South Plains is where a lot of kids from surrounding high schools go to complete their basics and decide on a major. South Plains also has a nursing program that I have heard is pretty good. I know they worked with the high school I attended to help other students be prepared for college nursing classes.

So far South Plains has been unique because of how willing the teachers are to help the students. If I have a question or if im confused about the material i can email my teacher or even go talk to them about it during their office hours. I have friends that attend Tech and they tell me stories about having professors who just dont care and dont want to help.

I would tell myself to take things more seriously and dont slack off. It is really important you pay attention in your classes it will make things much easier in college. Even though the classes seem useless and boring you are going to have to take similar classes in college and they are much easier if you have a basic understanding of the subject.

Gracie

South Plains College is located in Levelland Texas. It has two branches in Lubbock Texas that makes it convenient for me to attend. They offer classes where you can earn an associates or get certified in a field.

Well Gracie here you are a Senior. Who would of thought you would have made it? You know what I mean both your parents never finished school. Your grades never mattered as long as you were passing. Well that is the past and here comes the future. It's all about you. Its time to make something of yourself. If you are thinking that College is the same as High School it is not. Don't be afraid, College is challenging but not the way high school was. If you can graduate from high school you can make it in college. Just think no parents its going to be great. You will be responsible for you, getting to class on time, doing your homework and getting registered for all your classes. You have already done all this in high school just don't be scarred you can do it.

The best thing about South Plains College is that the classes are small. When you have smaller classes that allows the teacher to get to know the students better and vise versa.

Danetta

If I could go back and give myself advice for college, I would tell myself to learn to study. I have not been a good student thus far in that aspect, and it is something I am currently working on. Studying is so important for college, and to keep my grades up it is a necessary factor. Also I would tell myself to eat healthier and exercise. Eating healthy and exercising is so important to keeping me going throughout the day. I don't get sick as often, and I have studied and learned the benefits of taking vitamins and even started to do yoga as a daily exercise. Finally, I would tell myself to save, save, save! I want to eventually transfer to Lubbock Christian University and for two years there, it will cost me at least 32,000 dollars, assuming that the cost doesn't go up. So right now I am working hard to save, and I am still way too far behind where I should be. So, if I got to go back, I would try to make myself realize how much different and better college would be, but also the reality college shocks you with.

The advice I would give is to do better than high school, study more hours, manage your time and money, and get plenty of rest for quizzes and exams.

The best thing about my school is to help me be a better student than before. I can have a better job that pays good money.

The worst thing about my school, it's too far from home.

Mercedes

If I could talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself not to give up on my dream of becoming a doctor. I realize now that college is a lot more difficult than high school and to warn my high school self would save a lot of stress and concern. I also would tell myself to take more dual credit courses, especially the ones that are on my degree plan. I had all of my courses and books paid for by scholarships, and I should have taken more classes while they were easy to pay for. It also would make the transition easier because I would have known more of what to expect. More advice I would tell myself is to expect professsors to assume that you remember every detail of what you learned in high school. I had a lot of trouble in my chemistry class because it was two years since I took chemistry in high school. I wish I took better notes and kept them to use in class now.

The worst thing about the school is the parking. There are never any parkings close to the science building where I am most of the time, it gets cold and I have to walk a long ways.

The most frustrating thing has to be that there are at least three different advisors for my major and I cannot get a hold of any of them. I go to a school counslor but she know things in general not the specifics I am looking for.

Destinee

I like the fact that the classes you take at South Plains College will transfer to a four year university. Some other two year colleges do not transfer all of your class credits to a four year university. South Plains College is also a small school, which had drawen me to them. I didn't want to be in a huge school coming from a small high school.

First of all, college is not what you expect it to be. College requires alot of studying and staying on top of your grades. It is not as easy as high school, nor do you always know where you stand gradewise like you do in high school. You have to be able to figure out what your grades are on your own and be able to be prepared each day you come to class. Being prepared is the best key, you never know when you might have a pop quiz or a test that day. Take very good notes this will help when studying. Always go to class, try not to miss a day, because you will fall far behind. Get to know your professors, they are there to help you not be your enemy. I can not emphasize this enough study, study, study and make more time for school. If you do all of this you should do just fine.

South Plains College has many different types of programs to choose from. Any program you choose, you have three different schools to choose from to continue with that program. The classes in these programs will transfer to Texas Tech University, Lubbock Christian University, or Wayland Baptist University. I like the fact that you can choose your four year university and be taking classes that correspond to that specific four year university. South Plains College also has a 23 to 1 ratio in the classroom. The professors know your name and are willing to help whenever you need them.

Haley

Someone who is interested in recieving an education. They have a really good technology program and different associate degrees. Someone should attend it if they do not know what it is you want to do. They will help you. Its a small campus but just big enough and it is very affordable.

The only reason i could think of for someone not to attend this school would be if they were not intersted in persuing a career.

South Plains College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.