Orlando, FL
Southern Technical College-Orlando

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Southern Technical College-Orlando

Mostafa

This is my story I moved to America from Egypt in 2015. I was struggling to find employment and maintain my household. I received a call from Southern Technical College. Upon speaking to the representative, I was ensured that if I took the course for Medical Assistant program, they would help me to a find better career path of employment opportunities. I was very excited to start a new venture in my life. At the beginning, going to school was a challenge for me, because of my understanding English terms. However difficult I received what seemed like great support from all my instructors, and old management team. Towards the end of the last term, while preparing for my internship, I received a call from the new president Dr. M, instructing me to come to her office. Once I got to her office, I was quickly informed I would not be able to continue the last term. She also told me I could not come back to the school anymore, because my grade point average was not enough to graduate. She has stopped me from pursuing my dream. I was NEVER told my GPA was less than the college expectations, and would not be not make it through. I have kept a steady grade mark and attendance. To be told the last 15 days from graduation that I wouldn't be receiving my certificate, feels like a slap in the face. To work so hard, to push myself and feel like I was taken advantage of is a complete disappointment. Where was all of this one year ago? Even in middle of the semester? I thought this was a good choice for me and my family. To wake up each day for a year, and will myself to finish, to accomplish this goal. I am not happy with how I was handled. Thank you for destroying my hopes and dream of a career that I would be happy to have grown in. Thank you for the professionalism in making me feel hopelessness and wasted time. . -Mostafa Alsayed (407) 342-7333

The staff is amazing and the students are like family! I would recommend this college to anyone looking to go to school for any type of nursing! This college has very small class sizes and amazing teachers who not only love teaching you about what you want to do with your degree but have worked in the field they are teaching! On top of all that all of the admissions representatives care immensely about you and want what is best for you!

Sara

A good school to go to if you want no waiting list and no hoops to jump through. Yes, it's costly but so are all the local schools that are private. Again, you won't have to jump through hoops in order to get in and get started so it's worth the cost (aka - investment in an education that'll eventually pay for itself). Staff members don't set you up for failure (if you don't believe some schools set students up for failure, please do your research) and higher-ups are always seen and always able to be met with one-on-one. Very diverse student body, which is good because the school is obligated (by accepting your tuition dollars) to get each and every student through his or her chosen program. So, while some students breeze right on through (those who are very smart), others still receive the level and extent of education that they need. That's the beauty of going to a school that embraces a very diverse student body. Most nursing schools have expectations of their students that staff couldn't meet if put in the role again of student, but Southern Technical College isn't like this. Nursing school has been compared to boot camp with a 24/7 pissed off drill sergeant. Southern Technical College has broken tradition by employing instructions who are interested in helping students grow rather than stunt them.

The professors are easy to get into contact with regarding anything class related; the office staff is a little harder to get into contact with once you become a student. It seems they put more effort into getting you to become a student and lose interest in you when you join the student body. The class sizes are great, the students help each other learn and the professors make the learning experience amazing!

Overall, I would not recommend anyone to attend this college. Firstly, the school lost its accreditation and never thought to inform any of the students when we are the ones who pretty much fund the school with how high the cost of tuition is. $50,000 for a mediocre education. The NCLEX pass rate for the nursing program is very low and I believe that is direct effect of having no available tutoring sessions or a mentor program. The program is accelerated and the faculty uses that as an excuse to teach you the bare minimum and leave the rest up to you as the student. This school does not prepare you for the career you are entering into. Southern Technical College is a stressful environment to be a part of because the threat of the school being closed due to their lack of accreditation is constantly looming over the students who have received non transferable credits from the college.

ADALIN

I honestly don't have answer for that being that I do not take any classes on Campus at the time being.

The students in my class which I am taking now are very knowledgeable. I don't know them by person and don't really interact with them on the social side, but I do interact with them when it comes to the discussions we have regarding the chapters we are covering.

I personally have not taken any classes on the campus yet, since I just started I am taking an online course for 5 weeks which I could honestly say I will not do again. It is a bit hard because I am more of a classroom person, but i am sure the academics are great.

• $0

Southern Technical College-Orlando administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.