Creston, IA
Southwestern Community College-Creston

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Southwestern Community College-Creston

I think that Southwestern is an amazing place to start college, especially for smaller towns where kids are very involved in everything.

Alyssa

Southwestern College is an overall amazing school for any adult trying to exceed from high school and continue academics to receive a diploma. Southwestern College could also be good for students trying to spend less money by getting a basic education for 2 years and then transferring to a University.

Mariah

My overall opinion on Southwestern Community College is that it is a great school with many learning opportunities, very easy to access instructors who are there to help you. Southwestern also has many different locations that are easy to get to no matter where you live.

Kara

I like the friend group that I have. It becomes difficult when my values differ so much from those around me. I do not always feel the most comfortable with all that goes on around the school. One of the things I do like is the teachers I have are great. They are willing to help me.

Russell

The music program at this college was a complete and total farce under the mismanagement of the former founder, Phil Mattson! From day #1 we were thrown into the shark tank and expected to learn a song on our own and then perform it at an audition for a jazz ensemble (most students had no piano skills with which to do so!). The courses were structured similarly to precipitate a high drop-out rate (few students returned for the 2nd. year). My adviser shamed me for wanting to take any non-music classes as if I were not a "real musician," and even warned me I wouldn't be able to cope with the demand if I did so. It was common to see students struggling to practice well passed midnight in a rehearsal room. Furthermore, during our shark-tank music classes there were no text books on which to rely if a day was missed, all assignments were pass or fail, we were given assignments w/out prerequisite skills with which to accomplish them & only 48 short hours with which to master these new and seemingly pointless tasks (our teacher never aided us at all, we had to figure it out on our own), and we were forbidden from asking our instructors about what had been covered. In fact, one very common music theory level-1 assignment (which is actually a Music Theory level-3 assignment) was to memorize a piece of music in 48 hours and play it back in some new key given out by the teacher on demand. This assignment was given to students with marginal keyboard skills, at best! Another assignment in the Fundamentals class involved transcribing music by ear without any lesson in how to do so, and certainly no ear training classes to accomplish the feat. It was well-known in this program that the grade of a "C" in this program would equate to an "A" at any other University in the state, but good luck getting any other Admissions Officer to believe you!

sadie

Southwestern community is over all one of the best colleges. My first college experience here I will never forget. Everyone here (staff) seems so welcoming and helpful. My first day here, they made me feel like this is where I wanted to be. With fresh out of high school, visiting many collage campus, after my visit here, I felt like this is where I needed to be. . I love the set up of the college, the programs here are great. The academic class room sittings are at good proportion. I'm an active person. The environment here was the prefect setting with the lake in the back and trails to go explore off to. It sometimes get tested especially on finals, midterm or even on days that are not in my favorite. I call this place my home and the people here that I've meat my extended family.

Kylee

I like this college but they definitely just expect you to figure things out on your own. I would say that this is a very impersonal school but if you know what you are doing you could have a great experience. They do have a nice transfer program that is guaranteed admission.

Blythe

Go to college not only to learn how to make a living but also to learn how to live life.

This school really works with students to get them an education that will allow them to reicieve a decent job in southwest Iowa.

The majority of my classmates are fun-loving, non-four-year-degree seeking, finacialy needy, younge adults.

Southwestern Community College-Creston administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.