Saint Cloud, MN
St Cloud Technical and Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend St Cloud Technical and Community College

Abdiaziz

It’s good place but it Could be better college . We’re short in sports . It would be great if we could play more sports . Other wise I can’t complain too much . We would like the professors to more flexible for the students .I hope I enjoy here going into my second year.

Daniel

overall the campus is good. I love the parking lots, and that tuition pays for tour parking permit. it's a great place to get your generals taking care of. The teachers are great and always there to help people out, especially the IT/ computer help desk. The campus is really easy and well laid out for disabled people, and they even have programs to better help out disabled people.

tiffany

High school does not define who you are or who you will be. The people who torment you will not be apart of your life forever and you can do more then what those around tell you that you will accomplish.

The variety of majors available at the school, along with it working with the local university to offer even more to the students

Those who don't take community college seriously

Kiersten

It's a very accomindating school. One of my favorite features is a designated area that they have qualified tutors for their students to visit when they need help called the CAS. They have advising requirements to be met before you can keep applying for classes to ensure you are on the best path for your wishes.

First grade was a significant time of struggle for me. While all of my peers seemed to learn and enjoy reading I just couldn’t. To ease my frustrations my teacher told me, “You learn better from your mistakes.” This was a mantra that helped me distance myself from my troubles and learn from them. If I don't make mistakes then I am unable to learn and better myself. I would not be who I am without going through trials. What advice would I give to high school me as a 25 year old re-enrolled freshman? Would I warn myself not to give into family pressure to enter college when I wasn’t ready? Would I nudge myself into the nursing program? Or warn myself of that toxic friendship I would make my first year? No, I needed to go through all those things to be where I’m at today. Today I’m surefooted on my path to nursing. I’m starting over at a new school focused, motivated, and high-achieving. I needed to make the mistakes I made. I would not rob the past me of making mistakes and the growth I got from them.

What I wanted to do. This is my second time around in school and I have loans still being paid off from my first time in.

Kesa

It is a good, affordable school that gets you the skills you need to go into technical trades quickly within two years, is accreditted and is a jumping point for four year college programs.

American companies are now, more than ever, looking for college educated young people they can train and mould into a vision of their company's purpose. Job discrimination is rampant, and your resume is the first article to speak to an employer, even before you set foot in an office or factory building for that crucial interview. You will learn so much from your first two years of college. You will learn, in a safe and guided environment, more about transitioning into adulthood and the options that await you than simply jumping into life head first and floundering on your own. College isn't just an opportunity, it's a gateway you must choose simply because it is much more difficult to start later in life with children and a household to support. You have so much fresh in your young mind. It isn't simply a choice: It's an incredible journey that will serve you well as you march toward the future. Take heed and listen, as your future self, the choice I would make would be to go to college right out of high school.

I dislike the lack of parking, and the long walk from the bus to the building in the middle of winter.

Allie

St. Cloud Technical and Community College is a school that is great for small-town kids who aren't ready for a big university atmosphere but still want to get a great education taught by excellent teachers.

I would have to say the biggest thing I wish I would have known was to take more challenging classes and even A.P. classes that would have count as a college credit. That way I would have had a head start and it would have been free of charge. I also wish I would have been a part-time P.S.E.O. student. I think whenever a oppurtunity to take a class for free at a college, one should take it. In today's world everything is very expensive. Any little bit helps. I would also tell myself that continuing my education is a big deal. It's something that I should have been more prepared for and really done some research before hand. Everyone kind of pressures you to do a job that makes the most money or go to the school with the biggest name or the most expensive. That's not the case at all. I wish I would have known that it doesn't where you go. As long as you do something you love and want to do everyday, that's all that matters.

Like I said above, someone who wants to go to school for the first time and wants something low key but still is accessible to the wide range of oppurtunites.

Adrian

The advice that I would give to myself would be to never think that things are going to be handed to you in school and that saving up and time takes alot to get to graduate high school and to move on to college. I would tell myself that things in life are not going to be easy but there is a way of making things work and always finding a solution to a problem that you have had or are going to run into in life. You just cant ever give up what you have going for your life, you just need to always remember to keep trying and when things bring you down just get back up and keep doing your best at what you do.

I dont consider anything in my school being the worst. The staff and other people at Saint Cloud Technical College are very good helping and working with students. They find everything that will work for you and find the right time to do it. So There is nothing worse about my school.

If a person thinks that everything is just handed to you, if the person thinks that they dont have to put any effort into school, and if a person thinks that there just going to let you graduate with out putting and and doing anything in school then this is not the school for them. You need to work and do your best in this school and many other school are like that too.

Katie

St. Cloud Technical College is an awesome place to get an education; in a small place setting with big minds!

Be very social and get to know a lot of the other students; they could eventually be your best friends for the rest of your life. Don't freak out the first day of college, it might be scary in a new place but it really is not as bad as it seems. Take your time in doing homework assignments; doing them and doing them right gets you points in the class and you'll be able to pass the class.

The kind of person who should attend St. Cloud Technical College is someone who doesn't want to go to school for so many years but also wants a great education!

Kristina

Small, student oriented school focused on giving students many options, and career opportunities after graduation.

I would tell myself to breathe and take it slow. It is truely an experience you make for yourself. If you want it to be fun, you can make it fun but don't lose focus of your main goal, a degree. It is easy to get distracted in college, and you have to make the choice of whether or not you will let those distractions ruin your college career, or if you will ignore them. Some distractions can be good, like everynow and then enjoying a weekend with friends, but not all the time. I've learned that to get where you want to go you have to make sacrifices. In the end, those little sacrifices pay off, because you got the degreee you wanted and the job you've been trying so hard to get.

The worst thing about St. Cloud Technical and Community College that I have experienced is some of the professors. They don't know what is going on half of the time. One of my teachers didn't even know the days that there was no school. He had planned his course around his calendarr and not the academic calendar of the school. The teachers don't seem to care about delivering the information they know. It really makes learning boring and difficult.

St Cloud Technical and Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.