Stonehill College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Stonehill College

Debbie

This school is a joke. Unless you want to get babied and treated like a fourth grader I suggest you don't come here. Classes are ridiculously easy and staff (especially academic services) are extremely hard to deal with. The cornerstone system of requirements are a waste of time and money. If you want to get a real education that is well worth your money DO NOT come here. Haven't learned a thing all year.

Rose

It's a beautiful school and there is always something going on. We are very welcoming and accepting of everyone, and there are plenty of activities and clubs to be a part of and help you feel adjusted and fitting in. Plus, the academics are great! The classroom sizes are around 35 students at the most and all of the professors are there to help you be the best student you can be!

Kendra

I love this school! There is no college out there that could be a better fit for me. Classes are small, so professors actually get to know your name. Everyone is very friendly, nice, and willing to help whenever needed. The campus is beautiful and the perfect size. The perfect blend of academics, extracurriculars, and community service. I highly recommend this scholarship!

Mackenzie

I absolutely love it here. The professores are approachable and the class size of around 20 students is ideal. The campus itself is absolutely breathtaking and I love watching the sunset everynight as I walk back to my dorm. Stonehill is a great college with an amazing academic program that will help you be successful throughout your college years and beyond!

You will walk by atleast one friendly face per day while walking around campus. Stonehill has a strong community feel as everyone supports each other and is genuine. It is not uncommon for someone to hold the door open for you even if you are 10 feet away. The teachers are accessible and the classes are rigorous but well rounded.

Javier

After being their for a full semester as a freshman student athlete I am in love with the school, the classes are small so it is possible to develop a relationship with them. The students are all very nice and the school has a great community with lots of clubs and groups to join in. The only thing that Stonehill lacks is diversity.

Kasia

Stonehill is such an incredible school. Everyone is so welcoming and the college is a home away from home. Everyone treats each other with respect. The campus has an abundance of opportunities for students to get involved through campus ministry, clubs, and the radio station.

Gabrielle

I love Stonehill. It is where all my friends are, and they have everything that I enjoy doing. On top of all of this, the academics are challenging in a good way, and the professors go above and beyond to make sure their students succeed. Stonehill sets students up for success.

Zak

This is a great institution if you are looking for small class sizes and want to be challenged. The science programs are rigorous and provide an education with a clear focus on preparing students for entry into demanding STEM careers. The college has recently spent a large amount of money on updating and building new facilities to compete and distinguish itself from neighboring universities.

Zachary

I absolutely love Stonehill college. It's atmosphere helped me develop as a student and person, allowing me to make friends and be more outgoing but also learn the responsibilities of living on my own. I am applying for so many scholarships so I can go again next semester.

Nicholas

A refurbished college, offers as much as clubs as well as excellent courses for whatever field you're deciding to pursue in. The class size can go down to 25 students and it's not any other school in the state. This college is recommended for serious scholars.

Robert

Stonehill seems like the perfect small school setting. This school has one of the most beautiful campuses around and it has some of the nicest students around. When walking around campus, everyone is friendly and wants to say hi to each other. I am a rising freshman and have only attended orientation so far, but it seems to be a wonderful liberal arts college

Jordan

At first, I went into Stonehill College for its athletics, but I've found so much more. From the passionate professors, friendly classmates, challenging classes, and the overall community feel has reassured me that my decision to attend Stonehill was the right one. There's always someone there to offer a smile or open a door. I loved my first year at Stonehill and look forward to the next three years.

It's a great school, I've met some of my best friends there. The campus is beautiful throughout all of the seasons, the walks to and from certain buildings can sometimes be long if it's raining, but they're usually fine. I think the longest walk to class I ever had was 10 minutes. I lived in O'hara my freshman year and my friends and I loved it. Some of the bathrooms (that weren't redone) are a little iffy, but I think those are being redone soon. All of the double rooms on campus are good sizes, the intended triples in Corr and Du Lac are big. There are usually good food options, and if you can't find something you like in the Commons you can always find something in the Hill which is right below the Commons. Ace's in the library also has good bagels and it has Starbucks which is great when you're there for finals or if you just want to get some good coffee. The party scene on campus is pretty good, but most of them are in junior and senior housing. So if you're looking for a party you can definitely find one, but there's no pressure on you to go to any. I stayed in my room a few times throughout the year on a Friday or Saturday night and it was completely fine. One bad thing about the school is tuition, as you probably know, it's crazy expensive. They do give some scholarships but I've always had trouble reaching out to financial aid, they can sometimes be a little unhelpful. I've met some of my best friends at this school so I do love it for that and overall it is a pretty great school.

Jenna

Academically, one of the best colleges in US. The small class sizes allow professors to really focus on your work personally, as well let you seek help easily from professors if needed. Socially, not one of the best colleges in the US. The school attracts many of the same type of people - therefore there is a lack in diversity and experiences. You will run in to the same people every day, which does build a strong community feeling however also a clique-like high school feeling. I am glad I went there because I know my professional career will benefit, but I feel lucky to have found the friends I did.

I think Stonehill is a great school, but it small so everyone knows everyone. The academics are good, but you will have the same people in your specified major classes. The parties are hit or miss, but it can be fun if you go out with your friends and have a good time!

Overall, I do love Stonehill, and I am so happy to be spending the next 3.5 years here. While every school has their flaws, one of Stonehill's biggest flaws is their food. Sodexo, which is the company in which Stonehill obtains their food, is not the best nor is it the healthiest. I hope within the next few years, the food at Stonehill will exceed what it is now. Other than that, I am so happy that I chose Stonehill, for I have met so many of my lifelong friends.

Kendall

Stonehill College is a very nice school. On campus, there are a lot of opportunities for students to do anything they want. They can join any club, group, sport or any activities they would like. I am a first year student and I am a part of the Stonehill College club cheerleading team. I am also a part of Art Club, Best Buddies, and Education Society. I feel accepted in every activity I am a part of. They also give you opportunities to explore more about your major with different field placements and internships. There is not a lot of judgement at Stonehill College. We are a very diverse and inclusive community. Professors at Stonehill College are very good at responding to emails and getting back to students quickly. They are also good at helping their students and providing a lot of office hours for any questions students may have or to meet with them individually. There is also a lot of extra help provided beyond the classroom, which is very helpful. Professors are also very understanding and want you to be successful. Although work may be challenging, they give you many opportunities to help yourself succeed. I think Stonehill College is great and everyone feels accepted their. Being a part of our own campus altogether, many students get along and it is like we are one big family. Although I am a first year student, I cannot wait for many more years to come at Stonehill College.