Nashville, TN
Tennessee State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Tennessee State University

Rebeca

This college is a good place to get education despite the location! I personally do not live on campus but I heard that the oldest building, Wilson needs a lot of help. There are constant problems there! The food is good your typical Starbucks and chick fil a! Majority the teachers are there to help you and guide you! Just make sure to keep up with your things because sometimes administration tend to lose things.

Herbert

Tennessee State University is a great opportunity for young men and young women to experience diversity and a great learning environment. Their professors attempt their hardest to think work and serve their students as well as their community. Tennessee State is one of the best schools to embrace the African-American culture and tradition while getting a quality education.

Sharon

I think this is a great university, and its very personal helpful in many ways. I think there advisors should be more involved in the students goals, meaning they should be more involved in student selective classes.

Kendra
TSU

TSU

TSU is a great university but the financial aid office can be quite a hassle. But I truly fell in love with the school and it is a great HBCU!

Jamie

The things Tsu is really known for honestly is having fun. If you are a big party person then this is the place for you because that is Tsu image.

They are average honestly some classes can get difficult but its all about your focus and time management

Tori

One thing that is unique about Tennessee State University compared to other schools I considered was that although Tennessee State is labeled as a Historically Black College, it was full of many different ethnic backgrounds and cultures. The students that attend there are from all over the United States, and even from other continents. Another aspect that was unique about Tennessee State was the amount of available resources for students such as; tutoring sessions, online assistance, study groups, and etc.

If I could go back in time and talk to a high school senior my advice would be to start early on their college and scholarship application process. Both college applications and scholarship applications can be very time consuming and require a great deal of attention and effort. There are millions of other students applying for the same schools and scholarships you are, so you want to put your best foot forward. Another piece of advice I would give a high school senior is to have a parent/guardian or even your counseler to help you with this process. It can become very overwhelming and stressful and the help from someone who has experience with this cycle can help guide you along the way.

One aspect that may not suit eveyone is if you are looking to attend a school with a small amount of students. It could be sometimes overwhelming if your not use to a public school with thousands of students

Christopher

Tennesse State University is an educational institution that prides itself on educating its students, openinig career opportunities, instilling admirable moral and ethical values, and giving back to one's community.

Tennessee State University is an historically black university that offers its students a family bond that last for life. My school brings students together and encourages them to learn and grow together while becoming close to one another. Tennessee State University has many notable alumni such as Wilma Rudolph and Oprah Winfrey. The university has also had many notable accomplishments in the last year such as a breast cancer vaccine that is showing positive results, a major discovery using the Hubble Space Telescope, and research using water powered car engines.

I would inform myself on how large the transition is for a student that attended a small private high school that chooses to attend a medium/ large college. I would tell myself that in college I would not have the same amount of direct individualized instruction that I had in high school, but that I would have to work hard to stand out as a promising student to my college professors and that absolutely nothing will be given to me. I would let myself know that I will have to work my absolute hardest in order to be successful.

Kennedy

I love my school. I always wanted to go here. So far, it has been a good experience

Party animals, the students don't take school seriously. Yes.

They challenge you, but it's nothing an average college student can't handle.

Mariana

nothing really every thing i though about was exutaly the same.

tsu is the best i really love it. i mostally love the proffessor and the student are amazing friendly and kind to each other.

monica

My felllow classmates are the most ambitious classmates I've ever encountered; striving and going forth in the things they want, no matter what's said or thougth about them.

I would go back to my high school self and encourage myself to stand up and standout. I have a tendency to let my pride take over, but more so then than now. There were many missed opportunities because I let my pride get the best of me, but I would go back and tell myself to stand up and standout to my prideful ways. I would go back and tell myself to stand up and standout against my childish ways. I’m not saying it’s not right or good to have fun, because it is, but there’s a place and time, and during school while I’m supposed to be learning and preparing for college just isn’t the place or time. I would go back and tell myself to stand up and standout to those people that told me I couldn’t make it and do better, because I listened to and focused on them so much, that I forgot and didn’t recognize the potential and knowledge I had not even tapped into. I am having to make up for the time and effort not put into school in high school, now in college.

I consider the reputation of my school the worst. My school is known as a party school, a school of uneducated, and violent. There are different promoters that attend the school and they do promote their events on campus. The difference is, the events are never on campus, unlike other schools. My school has been known to have uneducated people, but isn’t that what school is for, to educate the uneducated? My school has also been called violent and unsafe. Due to the location of the school, it does encounter violent incidences around it, but rarely on the campus.

Tennessee State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.