Texas Tech University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Texas Tech University

Madeleine

I am currently a junior at Texas Tech University and throughout my journey here I have found that the community is able to welcome you with open arms. On multiple occasions, when I need the most help not only was able to make last minute advising appointments but also have been attend office hours with one of my professors.

Amber

I enjoy going to tech, it's a very friendly environment and is super big. Tech offers transportation to get around the campus and to and from parking lots since the campus is so big. The landscape of tech is pretty and always kept up with. There's also plenty of places to study and chill in between classes.

Rebeca

Texas Tech seems like a nice and respectable school when you're applying. Once you're actually admitted, things just go down hill. The internet is very unreliable. Housing on campus can be a nightmare. You have little choice on professors when it comes to upper level classes. Students are rude and condescending. The academic life is a joke here. If I could do it all over again, I would apply to a different school.

I LOVE It!

Natalie

I really do love this place, but I do know it's not for everyone. I was dead set on going to another school, and after a visit to Tech I changed my mind. So I highly recommend a campus visit before you make a final decision to go anywhere!

Mahvish

It's a great school and very pretty. I fell in love with it when I first saw it. They always have things going on to get student involved and make them feel like they are at home. They have many free things for students. Also great food and different choices of food.

Dina

Madison

I love this school! The campus is absolutely gorgeous, just be ready to walk a lot. Everyone I have met is super nice and helpful. There are a lot of parties, but you don't have to go out every weekend to have fun.

Texas Tech is a great place to meet new people and get a great education. The campus architecture is beautiful and the Carol of Lights at Christmastime is a fun event for all ages. With a large and diverse student body, it is easy to find a group that you identify with. Looking for an on campus job? There are plenty of opportunities for that as well, from tutoring to working in one of the many campus cafeterias.

Nuvia

I'm really excited to hopefully get accepted into Texas Tech in a couple of weeks. Everything about it excites me, and has me full of goals and dreams that will come true in the walls of that campus. The environment is beautiful for studying under any tree. The programs they provide you with are very in depth with what they teach, and don't get me started with the school colors. Red, black, and white have never looked so good before.

kehinde

There are so many reasons someone should attend Texas Tech, but I suppose I will narrow it down to three. The top reason to attend Texas Tech is that this school houses a multitude of majors. This means that it gives a lot of options for it's students, as well as options for those who are not sure exactly what they want to major in. The second reason someone should attend Texas Tech is that because of the wide array of majors, which means there is the opportunity to meet all kinds of people. It's nice to be able to talk to people who share your interests, but it's also great to have minds that think differently. It makes for wonderful friendships! The third and possibly most superficial is that the campus is absolutely beautiful. While many people say the school is in the middle of nowhere, the campus itself is so pretty. During the winter they always have the carol of lights, which makes the campus that much more beautiful. As superficial as it may be, it doesn't hurt going to a "pretty" school.

Seidy

Texas Tech University has a wide span of people. The academic life is great. I wish there would be more things to do around the city and in the school. The sorority and frat life makes the school feel really cliquey. But overall Tech feels like a home to everyone.

Scout

It is definitely a huge Greek school but there truly is something for everyone. What I love most about Texas Tech University is not Tech itself, but my college within the school. Tech's College of Media and Communications is what has made me love Texas Tech. I really feel like they are trying to make me the best I can possibly be and are constantly​ sending out new opportunities.

ifeanyichukwu

Initially, I was nervous about going so far away from home, but in all honesty, Texas Tech is home away from home for me. I am constantly surrounded by like-minded individuals who want to succeed. I am also surrounded by people who want to help me succeed and are willing to give me all the resources I​ need in order to succeed as long as I am willing to put in the needed efforts.

Sydney

I love it at Tech. I feel encouraged and I'm looking forward to continuing here. The campus is very nice and well-maintained. My teachers (so far) have been pretty great and helpful. The campus resources are fantastic. I feel safe and like the faculty has my best interest at heart.

Nimotallah

Texas Tech is a really good school when it comes to academics because we are blessed with mostly intelligent professors that knows how to teach to grasp and understand the information. The school brings people together but I just wish their is more diversity and show of other cultures. There are lots of organizations to get involved in and lots of activities to do at Tech but you need to be able to find the ones you will enjoy. I love my experience at Texas Tech as I am able to meet amazing group of friends, welcoming professors and interesting conversation with new people.

Beth

Great college !! It is the best of the best in my book great professors and great courses. Texas Tech provides many opportunities for internships and always has constant student activities. At Tech you wont be bored they are always announcing student activities and student involvement opportunities for community service.

Texas Tech University is a great school overall, the people are nice, and friendly. The campus is beautiful, especially during fall and spring. There's lots of things to do and it is easy to make friends. Classes are not hard and the professors are very understanding. I recommend my campus, and I love it so much.

Adelina

I love the community aspect of Texas Tech University. The university is located in Lubbock, TX which is a very friendly town. I love going to college in a college town because there is so much pride surrounding campus. I'm very grateful to have the opportunity of attending Texas Tech University.

DEVYN

Texas Tech is a beautiful campus and they let you know that you are in raider land. Our on campus housing are the best each hall has its own buffet. Texas Tech beats ever other university in to things school spirit and basketball. I would not want to spend my college years anywhere else but Texas Tech.

Emilee

The school spirit and atmosphere is something you can’t find anywhere else. We are all one big happy family. You’ll never get tired of hearing the matador song, and you’ll always get chills when the masked rider runs across the field. Classes are amazing and you meet some of the greatest people.

Rosemberg

Texas Tech is a great school with a beautiful campus. There's great architecture in all the buildings and plenty of art around campus. You can really see the southern hospitality here at Texas Tech and is an overall great school. Everyone loves Tech students in Lubbock.

Eli

Finding a niche group anywhere can be a daunting task; however, at Texas Tech University there is undoubtedly a place for everyone. Every semester there is a clubs and organizations fair designed to show just how diverse the student's interests are. From a "humans versus zombies" club to competitive intermural sports, the student body can and will have a group to accommodate every member of the university. The unity on campus is highlighted heavily on game days. Those moments when the students are cheering on one of our phenomenal sports teams is where we shine, and we have recognition from various sportscasters about how loud we can be. When it comes to sports, our baseball and basketball teams are our pride and joy! Additionally, tech has a great golf, tennis, and women's soccer program if those sports are more exciting to a student. Back on campus, the food options are seemingly limitless. We have a donut shop for the early riser, a salad bar shop for those looking for the healthier option, and the ever faithful Chick-fil-A among so many other great options. There are even convenient stores in some of the school buildings to stop by if you are passing quickly in between classes. The facilities themselves are quite nice as well. It might seem difficult to navigate them, but the signage inside makes it easy to get to classes and offices in a timely fashion. When it comes to aesthetics, each building is different, but the overall look is a modernized interior with a classic exterior that shows the wonderful heritage of the university and Lubbock itself. Lubbock is also a great environment for the college community with a multitude of things to occupy a student's time when they are not studying. These activities include an abundant amount of restaurants, peaceful coffee shops, a thrilling nightlife for the clubgoers, and budding art scene for the creative individual. Now we are definitely not without imperfections. There is a strong need for better parking areas for students and a better student-parking services relationship, but ultimately Texas Tech University is an amazing place and experience for a potential student. The faculty and staff are top-notch, the sports are fantastic, and the diverse student body is even better. Wreck'em Red Raiders.

LaShanda

I'm in the doctoral program and the best thing about Texas Tech thus far has been the big campus feel with the small-town atmosphere. This is a large university but the professors are connected to their students and available throughout the day and semester.

Lindsey

I believe Texas Tech is a rather large and very diverse campus where there are plenty of ways to get involved with other students and the community. As a student in the School of Art, I personally feel that the facilities in the art, architecture, and 3D annex buildings are good and easy to work with, and there are always people to help you with them.

Christopher

The community at Texas Tech is amazing. The students here are very respectful, I have never really experienced much negativity here. They are respectful, fun, and reliable. We are almost always willing to help one another, grow from one other's experiences. Texas Tech has played a vital role in my development as an engineer and a person in general!

Stetson

I attended Tech for a semester, and in that time I'll be honest I did not get a lot of studying done, and neither did many people I know, but it was a great time, all the sporting events are so awesome, and theres always a party or a kick back going on to hang out with your friends at.

Jeremy

In all honesty I really do love attending Texas Tech University. It is a very nice place to be in the town of Lubbock, Texas. I am now trying to bring friends and get them to attend the university sharing how fun and great the institution is. There is always things to get involved within campus that really boost the overall experience at Texas Tech.

Scott

Its a great place for the price that you pay for tuition. There is always something to do to keep yourself busy. Very little to complain about. Great atmosphere and food. Because it is such a large campus it is hard to get to your classes but the school offers alot of different options to get to class like bike and scooter rentals.

Lanisa

I love taking classes at Tech. Saving my brain!! The professors are usually willing to help out. I am a long distance student so I don’t typically go on campus. The times I have gone I felt safe walking to my car. It’s a beautiful campus. Go Tech!

Its a very good school, I love that the campus is located all in one area. I am a Kinesiology major, not Sports Medicine, but it was not listed. The only thing I don't like is that there are more and more 'weed-out' classes every semester, but that seems to be with most Universities now.

Kayden

I have been accepted to attend Texas Tech University in the Fall of 2018. I have toured the campus and talked to many helpful staff members to help plan my college path. The campus has nice facilities, students, and staff. I am excited to be called a Red Raider.

Joyous

Within my first semester of college here at TTU, I was able to experience a huge spectrum of people, groups, environments, and interests. You can get involved pretty much in whatever you want. The faculty/staff seem overall very capable of helping and supporting the students. The University Student Housing staff is awesome.

Abigail

Texas Tech is my dream school. I love everything about it. I am apart of the school of theatre and dance and I could not be prouder. Everyone here is so knowledgeable and willing to work with you. They truly want the best for you. Tech has everything from an amazing gym to free health care.

ify

Texas Tech University is a reputable university with a fairly diverse student body and supportive community. The professors are easily accessible and they strive towards the betterment of students to the best of their abilities. As long as you put in the effort, you're sure to succeed as there is no limit to the resources provided to help you.

Mario

Great school with an awesome culture, students have so much pride in their school, it makes the school so much better when everyone is involved. The small town is very nice and peaceful. Being s Red Raider is like a privilege that everyone should be proud of.

Sandra

I attended Texas Tech for my Master of Arts in Technical Communication. The program was challenging, and I learned more than I expected. The professors were very knowledgeable in their fields, engaging in class, provided thoughtful feedback, and were always available to answer questions.

Victoria

I was unsure at first about attending my current University, Texas Tech, because I am a fourth generation student here. My great-grandfather, grandmother, grandfather, mother and father all attended Texas Tech University for their undergraduate degrees, and I always felt that I should branch out and try something different than my family. That all changed from the moment I stepped foot on this campus. I expected a boring community and that new experiences would be few and far in-between, but I was astounded by how wrong I was. Since starting here I've learned more than I could have ever imagined and made a ton of new friends. I've had to work harder than ever before to achieve academic excellence, and I've been encouraged to join several organizations such as the Ballroom Club and the Women's Chorale. Overall, I couldn't have asked for a better college experience thus far, and I would recommend Texas Tech University to anyone considering a 4-year university in Texas. Texas Tech may have been a huge part of my heritage, but now it's my home - by choice!

Kiddist

Life at TTU is certainly a unique experience-- Lubbock is essentially in the middle of nowhere, but there's always something to do on campus or off. The distance from most peoples' hometowns cultivates a sort of togetherness within the student body. Some academic departments are better off than others, but none of them are anything less than excellent. Student life is a blast, and facilities are great. I have no regrets about TTU.

Brendan

My overall opinion of Texas Tech University is a 5 star rating overall. Texas Tech calls for us to "Wreck 'Em" and that is what TTU has done to every other University that has shown an interest in me as a student. Texas Tech is in by blood. I am working hard to attend Texas Tech University in the fall 2018. I will register to start the 6 year medical school to obtain my dream of becoming an orthopedic surgeon. My grand-parents, parents all attended Texas Tech. TexasTech University is an amazing University and my attendance is a dream. My opinion is that TTU and I are a great fit.

Morguhn

I believe it's a great Campus that offers multitudes of opportunities for its students following their college experience. The students bring with them a strong and unique culture that makes one wish to be involved. I am personally excited to be part of the Texas Tech culture.

Bradley

I feel that Texas Tech is a very good University that provides its students with a great opportunity for higher education, while offering the full college experience to all who attend. There is a very strong sense of community between all who attend, as well as many extracurricular activities that students can get involved in to keep them busy.

Joshua

From the perspective of a Hispanic, first-generation, independent and cultured college student, I feel that Texas Tech University was the right choice for me. Although the political and social nature of the town (Lubbock) and campus is primarily conservative (the complete opposite from which I am and grew up with), I can still confidently express that I cannot see myself anywhere else pursing my education. Finding the right friends at Tech makes it so much easier, and you will enjoy your college years.

nicholas

Texas Tech University is an amazing school. Tech has everything you would want in a school all the way from sports, art, social gatherings, and etc. I really love Tech and how it has the perfect balance of academics and social life. Tech has been the best decision of my life.

I definitely heard mixed reviews prior to attending Texas Tech, but it has been a very fulfilling experience so far. The majority of my classmates and professors are greatly invested in the students' education, and there is an abundance of campus organizations and activities. My university has some areas where it is lacking, much like any other school, but the student body and faculty are always trying to make improvements.

Texas Tech is not a very diverse campus (in terms of students), but they do offer lots of opportunities to join diverse groups on campus. The party life thrives at Texas Tech, but academics remains important to most students. In my opinion, Texas Tech offers a lot of opportunities to excel more than any other campus I've seen.

Christian

It is a great school with endless opportunities. Professors and faculty are caring and helpful. This is the only school I would choose to attend. The classes are an optimal size. Professors have time for individual questions. They are also available during all of their office hours.

Madelyn

To say that Texas Tech University is a good school is simply underrated. The school provides many great programs, both sport or educational, and allows its students, especially those incoming to campus, to experience the strength of independence. This independence can be found in the classes they take, the people they meet, the experiences they share, and the careers of success they create. I am honored and proud to call myself a student at this university because I have grown both as a student, and an individual, during my short time there.

Ethan

Texas Tech University is a wonderful place to attend college! Not only are the academics top notch, but the atmosphere created through the other students and faculty is like none other. I step foot on campus and I feel like I am home. Lubbock provides many different entertainment options as well as dining and shopping accessibility. I would not want to attend anywhere else! Wreck 'em!

Bradley

The school is one of the most beautiful schools I have ever been to. Every person I have talked to is friendly and nobody is hostile. We have immense school spirit, the football and basketball games are a lot of fun. The professors give the students plenty of resources to be successful in their classes, and they really care about the well being of their students.