Texas Tech University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Texas Tech University

Victoria

It is a fantastic university with an inclusive and engaging environment. I would suggest it to any incoming freshman. I believe that Texas Tech is a high academically achieving school and has excellent research opportunities as well. I think Tech creates an environment where any student can be involved. They are very kind and accommodating the needs of the student body.

Logan

Overall, I feel that Texas Tech University is an amazing school. In my personal experience, I found that Texas Tech was extremely helpful for the transition from high school to college. Although Lubbock doesn't offer much to do outside of school, Texas Tech has more than enough ways to create an enjoyable atmosphere.

Iridiam

Texas Tech is a good school, but just like every other school it does need improvement. The housing is nice and I like how you offer free wifi, but some rooms that I looked at were a little too small. However, having our on separate rooms is a good thing, I just wish there were more bathrooms.

Janae

Texas Tech University gave me wonderful opportunities and experiences. Personally, I think everyone should apply! Texas Tech also an outstanding nursing school, for all my nursing majors out there. The con of Texas Tech is how distracted a student could get over the parties there.

bryanna

i think it’s pretty cool . i think the class sizes are a bit too big but that’s normal. texas tech has a variety of selections such as food , sports , and other things . Texas Tech is a college i would love to attend when i am out of high school. It seems like a very great school.

Alissa

My overall opinion of Texas Tech University is I couldn't have found a better place to be. Tech has become a second home to me. I fell in love the first time I came to Lubbock. I love the scenery, and the environment. I love how students are involved in many activities and organization. I had other colleges in mind when I first was applying to college, and had actually gone to another college first to be at a clinic they were hosting about athletic training . I liked it , I could picture myself there, but when I first came to Lubbock I knew this is where I truly belong. The people at Texas Tech are so kind and welcoming. I have found a place that I never knew I would live in. I love how I also have a lot of my former high school classmates attending Tech as well. I was a bit lost at the beginning but now I feel at ease. Texas Tech has the best sport medicine program for undergrad and grad school. I couldn't asked to be at other place, because Texas Tech is where I belong.

Jonah

I love my school and have waited to become a Red Raider since I was 11. My brother and sister both attending Texas Tech - one is now a NICU nurse and the other a sports television producer. I want to become a physical therapist and Texas Tech has been a supportive and excellent school for all of our goals. The school is really like a family and the faculty very concerned about its students' futures.

Jesus

It's a very great school, however some things students need are hard to reach and tuition is out of hand. It is very hard for me to keep up with paying my tuition. Financial aid helps out quite a bit, but I feel as there is more that can be done to help with the overwhelming price of tuition.

Alexis

Texas Tech is a great University and I can't wait to start going there in the fall. I'm excited to get to learn how great the school when I attend. My review is based on when I visited the school for a preview and what I have heard from former students. I have heard all good things and can't wait to be there.

Bradley

Texas Tech is a large school with a beautiful campus located deep in West Texas in the small city of Lubbock. Due to it’s isolated location, you won’t travel for weekend activities as Lubbock is distant from other cities not named Amarillo. Because of this, you’ll find your downtime spent either within the city limits of Lubbock or on the Texas Tech campus. This results in a terrific student life with plenty to do on campus with a wonderful school spirit as Lubbock residents are typically die hard Tech fans. Our athletic teams and academics while not elite are still well above average.

Benjamin

Teachers can sometimes make or break a student's success. In my experience, the teachers at Texas Tech University have been fantastic. All of my teachers have been incredibly understanding and nice. Texas Tech University teachers genuinely want all of their students to succeed.

Christian

Texas Tech is a good school for academics. It is very easy to get in contact with professors and they are friendly and will try to help. If not there are lots of resources on campus to help you study. Outside of classes the students like to party and there are always people hitting up the bars and clubs.

Elaine

Overall Tech is an amazing school. People are friendly, helpful and there is always something to do. All games are fun to attended, plenty of intramural sports for those who are interested and even more student organizations. The professors are generally nice and helpful and more than happy to help any student who asks. I couldn’t imagine a better school and going anywhere else for my education. While the social scene is great, they do have many great departments that will provide a great education to anyone who works for it.

Trelynn

Its a school for everyone and i highly recommend

Ricardo

Texas Tech is a very good school. There are so many opportunities to pursue and everyone here is completely driven to succeed. One of the main reasons I have decided to attend Texas Tech and transfer from The Univesity of Texas at San Antonio is because of the reputation of the school; it is a Tier One school.

Brianna

I love my school! The campus is beautiful and has a great layout. There are plenty of campus organizations to get involved in. People who come from big cities, feel like Lubbock is small, but it really is a great town. There is a lot more to do than you think.

Lindsey

Great campus. Great People. Overall a wonderful place to live and study.! There is not much to Lubbock other than the university, however it seems as though the whole town are active participants with the university. There is always something going on!

Valerie

I took a while to get used to tech and Lubbock, but once I did I fell in love. The traditions, the sports, and the culture is so unique and it's seen everywhere from the campus to the city. There's always something going on, and I wouldn't choose to go anywhere else.

Cristian

Our school always makes us feel that there are groups and organizations for every student to fit into and also has a diversity that causes students to meet different people and become good friends and fellow classmates. It is a overall safe and healthy enviroment to be in.

mariana

I enjoy studying at Texas Tech. The city is alright but as long as you make friends you'll be fine!

Mark

It is ok but if you need help with assignments do not count on the teachers to care. I started out with a very high class grade but as the class progressed my teachers began lecturing a lot more with less enthusiasm and it became difficult for the students to identify with their teachings. When struggling they often distance them selves as well.

Trinity

I believe Texas Tech University is a good state school to attend. The school is relatively large with a nice campus overall. The classes are professional and the professors do care about their students. However, a large portion of the student population lean more toward a party crowd and there are less artistic groups and organizations of that nature. While groups of this nature are available to join, it is a small number. I do wish Texas Tech had more diversity. Nevertheless, Texas Tech is a great state school to attend to have a good college experience and further your learning.

Celest

I love this school. After visiting many other options none of them compared. The campus is beautiful. The Environment is exciting and inclusive. I am never bored. The academics is a top priority. If you are struggling there are resources all around campus to help. I am so proud of my school. I am proud to be a Red Raider.

Charlotte

I love it here! When you go to college you are supposed to go somewhere that feels like home, this feels like home here actually better than home! You get to be the real you and find the people that make you feel good about yourself. The professors, class sizes, and overall classes are great you can always find what you want in a class and the "cool professor".

Mary

I love Texas Tech. The campus is beautiful, the people are nice, and the classes are rigorous but fair. I enjoyed living on campus my freshman year, and have found a good apartment to live in for the past two years. Campus food is great, and being near classes is very convenient, but it is expensive to live on campus. I am in a small major, so I don't know how class sizes compare for all majors, but mine are a decent size. The professors usually know some of the students' names, but not all of them. Lubbock is small, but there is a lot to do here. There are great coffee shops, bars, restaurants, and shopping,

Ethan

I love Texas Tech, there's so much to do and the college experience here is the best their can be. Living on campus is what i would recommend. There is a lot of things for students to go do, such as drive in movies, bowling, tons of outdoor sports for students to just have fun with. Students here are very nice and accepting. Really easy to make friends and enjoy college life while still getting a great education.

Maria Elisa

I am currently a freshman at TTU. I am from Austin, TX and moving from a liberal city to Lubbock is a big change. However, inside the campus, people are very friendly and I am enjoying my time here. I did not know what to expect when I first came to this college, but it is actually a lot better than I thought it will be. I'm not in any greek life, although I know that makes it a lot more fun for some people.

Colin

Its a great school, everyone at tech is usually extremely nice and helpful. Everyone will try their best to answer any questions freshman or incoming freshman and or families have. Especially during the first week, everyone knows how stressful it can be getting to your classes so everyone tries there best to help guide everyone.

Oggy

I have attended two other universities, and Texas Tech University is by far my favorite. Although Texas Tech is located in Lubbock, Texas, which is a college town, I still like it. It is not as gloomy as I expected. It is very peaceful, school-oriented, but you can still have fun! I prefer TTU feels more like what I imagined college to be. Honestly, I wish I would have went here for all four years. (Previous schools were UTA and UH-main campus)

sienna

Texas Tech University is the best possible university I could attend. The professors are always willing to help students out with difficult information in their class. Texas tech professors are very compassionate, if one of their students is going through something personal that is affecting their school work, the professor with help the stident work through it.The campus is beautiful and the students who attend are some of the nicest people I have met.

Caitlin

"Strive for honor evermore" that statement is a big part of Texas Tech we say that verse after every football game win or lose and we strive to be excellent in everything that we do.

Paige

Texas Tech University was a breath of fresh air to come in as a student to! The faculty and staff are extremely friendly as well as passionate about what they do. I've enjoyed all my classes revolving around my major and have improved my skills/craft greatly because of how dedicated my professors are to helping their students. Also, the majority of the student body is open and always will be willing to talk about anything to their peers and even strangers.

Yvette

Texas Tech is a great university. Because it is a smaller university you get a homey feeling. The number of students in the classes are smaller compared to other universities. While it is a smaller town you are guaranteed to find something to do. I love the campus and traditions, when you go to the games and you have thousands of people chanting and signing you feel like you belong. I cannot think of anywhere else I would rather go.

Eric

Overall the education is great but if you're not a huge fan of 500+ class sizes i do not recommend it. There are a lot of opportunities like student support services and tutoring to get you through the difficulty of attending a 500+ class size. Also you are able to schedule appointments with professors and discuss things that you didn't understand in a face to face setting.

Troy

Texas Tech is a great place to attend. The academics are challenging but are extremely manageable if you manage your time wisely. The professors are very knowledgeable and are always willing to give you a hand. There are a variety of extracurricular activities that are tailored for many different clicks of students.

Analucia

Texas Tech University really offers it all. We have great professors who genuinely care about the success of their students. They go out of their way to help us understand concepts and material that we need to learn. Our campus is truly beautiful, breathtaking, and continuously growing. The city of Lubbock is so proud of their Red Raiders and is also growing with the school, the friendly townspeople are so welcoming and encouraging. I am truly proud to be from this school, and do not regret coming here. Tech offers so many different activities for students who like art, diversity, music, working out, video games or even just to students who like to socialize. There is something for everyone at Texas Tech University. We are all one big family, we stand together in our wins and losses and help each other strive for honor.

Madelyn

I enjoy the campus and would highly recommend to incoming students. No campus is perfect and there is issues that need to be addressed, but overall I would recommend it highly.

Ty'Keria

Tech tech has a lot of thing to do and a lot of places to eat. It is a really huge campus which means a of of biking and walking. I would say that the walking and biking is the main downside. without a car it is a challenge to go places, but teck has event and other activities to do on campus. It's a great school for every major and gives you a lot of opportunities that other colleges don't. I love Texas Tech, RECK EM TECH!!

Dayton

At first I wasn't sure about attending this school but I am so glad I did. Everyone is so friendly that its almost impossible not to make friends. In addition they have really good academic programs that have great job placement upon graduation. This university has opened me up to so many great opportunities and I would be worse off if I had attended elsewhere. I am lucky to say that this school has already gotten me a job offer at a major accounting firm 3 years before graduating, I cannot guarantee that would've happened somewhere else.

Evelyn

My overall opinion is important because it lets me decide if I have future at Texas Tech University. Overall, I loved the university. I really appreciate everything they have on campus. I would love to go to Texas Tech because I see myself graduating at a place where I know I will put my all in.

Clayton

I could not be happier with the institution that I attend and would not want to go anywhere else. Texas Tech really cares about its students and Their future. Many opportunities are provided here for students' success and after only one year I have made relationships with peers that will last a lifetime.

Claire

Texas Tech has a great atmosphere and I hope to become a Red Raider next year. I want to be apart of their big school and have lots of options towards the clubs and student life. Texas Tech shows me they are a safe campus and is definitely number one on my list of colleges. They have everything to offer for students and give once in a lifetime opportunities that other colleges in the United States can not. They are an outstanding school that dives into research and cares about every single student. It is a fantastic school that anyone would be lucky to attend.

Andrea

Being apart of Texas Tech University is a great opportunity. They have many ways to succeed. You can find tutoring and help from peer or professors anytime. Not only is the academics great but also the game day atmosphere is amazing. The city is also great. It is definitely a college town and has many opportunities for its students.

Brice

Texas Tech University has a lot of school spirit. It's a great place to go to learn and really be a part of an intertwined campus and small town community. Everyone is really nice and it feels like home away from home. It's full of good people who care and are passionate about learning and helping students learn. Sure, there are those few people that aren't gonna be your favorite people, but overall, it's a place of opportunity, learning, and friendship. It's a great place to learn and grow as a person! 100% I would recommend!

Jade

As soon as I stepped on campus I immediately fell in love and everyone was so kind on my visit! In comparison the other schools I visited, the dorm rooms seem to be a little bit bigger and the dorm buildings look as if they were brand new. The library was huge and had a lot of places to sit and study or work on your computer. While the buildings are a little far apart, the campus is all in one central area and is not spread out all over Lubbock. The town is not huge, but it is not small either, and everyone in the town is submersed in the Red Raider culture!

Dale

Phenomenal experience!

Andrew

I absolutely love the campus and the school as a whole and would encourage people to keep it as an option in deciding where they’re going to attend. The school is versital and diverse and can probably give anybody a good reason to go to school there.

Jailene

Texas Tech is a beautiful school. The campus is meant to resemble Spanish renaissance architecture. As a music student I think that the music education program is amazing; 100% of students find jobs as music educators after graduating. For people aspiring to become a performance major, they might be better off somewhere else. The string teachers are exceptional with degrees from New England Conservatory, The Julliard School, Rice University, and many others, but Tech does not have the proper resources (yet) to accommodate the needs of performance majors. Overall Tech is a great school with an amazing faculty. The football games are always fun from the masked rider making a sensational entrance to the trowing of tortillas at the opening kickoff and touchdowns. The housing events are always informational from alcohol awareness to watching presidential debates and discussing them after. And the students are always smiling whether they were just invited to a party or they experienced something amazing on campus like a game, club, church, or a traditional event on campus such as the Carol of Lights close to Christmas time. Despite the occasional smell of farm in the mornings or evenings, Texas Tech is a great place to be.

Kaitland

Texas Tech is a wonderful University where there is always something to learn and always a place to join in. The professors are incredibly helpful and the classes dive into material that is both essential and interesting. I would highly recommend anyone to attend this school to further their knowledge in nearly any subject.

Jacob

Texas Tech is a great school, that is providing me a great education, and i'm lucky to be a part of this amazing community of people. All of the services that the college provides to the students are outstanding, and while the town of Lubbock may not be the largest, it caters towards the students to a high degree.