Olympia, WA
The Evergreen State College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend The Evergreen State College

William

I would advise myself to think twice. To consider more about the future and less about satisfying immediate impulses. I would tell myself that I am actually worth something. I would remind myself that I do have a future and that there is hope for me. I would say, self, when you have children what kind of father do you want to be. I would say, what kind of role model do you want to be. I would say save yourself the drama and focus on your future, stop leaving for crumbs and save up to enjoy the entire meal. I would have directed myself to make better decision about what it means to go forward with my educational future. Self, study hard, focus and invest in yourself.

jackie

I would tell my self to take more challenging classes and to do dual enrolement to better prepare myself for college. I would also tell my self to apply for more scholarships so that way I get to stay at Emory & Henry College.

John

College life is not as easy as many people think and one needs to be well prepared to work hard in order to accomplish his/her goals. First of all schedule your time well allowing for class and personal study time. Then ensure that you attend all class lessons unless there is an emergency. If any make sure you inform your instructor and try as much as possible tio catch up with all the class work that you missed during your absence. Next make sure you are attentive in class and take all lecture notes as much as you can, If you miss on any point please do ask your instructor as they are always ready and willing to help and support you achieve your career goals. Next make sure you do all home work and assigmnets given by your instructor as this contributes to most of the final grade. Incase you fail in any you seek for tutoring services. Most colleges offer this for free to all their students and they have very professional tutors. Finally meke sure you stick to your career objective and dont get waived away by friends or or college life style.

Tamara

I would say to myself "Self, it's been sixteen years and I am definitely older and like to think I am a little wiser. College should be about experiences, but also about knowledge. Soak up as much as you can. Never stop learning, because a mind at rest is a mind that lingers."

Nora

Lots of different people.

Lots of different people.

Don't worry about it - wherever you end up, you will experience thigns that will change you and your perspectives on the world. You will meet people you find interesting. You will learn things you never knew existed, you will have both good times and bad. The next 5-8 years are going to be full of changes, regardless of where you are. The important thing is to embrace change, and approach life with an open mind above all.

Administration doesn't reflect needs and wants of student body.

Gabriela

I would advise my past self to start preparing for college at the very beginning of the year. It's really important to know which deadlines are coming up for applications, scholarships, and financial aid. I would also advise myself to prioritize school with having a job and even with my social life. Keeping up with homework is one of the easiest and often one of the most ignored aspects of college life that could have a big impact on how well a student can do in school. I would make sure that i have the right resources to choose the best school to fit my needs and my schedule. Failing to plan a head will only slow me down in furthering my education and I want to make sure that i have enough information to make a smooth transition into college.

Aaron

October 2011! Great! I'll be out of school by then. I would go back to myself in time and say "Sucks to be you! I got a time machine now! Chicks really dig the time machine. Even the rich snobby ones! Go figure. They all think they're going to go back in time and talk girl talk with Cleopatra. The point is, in today's economy, you're pretty much screwed. Marry well!"

Well, I don't worry about it so much for some reason, but we use Evaluations instead of grades here at Evergreen, so transferability between colleges is an issue for some.

Evergreen's reputation pretty much speaks for itself: "that hippie school." It doesn't leave me much room for bragging rights.

Monica

My advice: Smile, take a deep breath, and get really caught up in everything, INCLUDING homework. Make sure to make wonderful use of your faculty, who are a lot more observant and perceptive then you think., and are willing to work with you and support you if you are having personal problems, which is very likely your freshman year. Use your campus resources like academic advising and the gym. Get involved, it is truly the best way to meet people, no matter how nerve wrecking it may be. Don't forget that in class although it may be intimidating and challenging, remember that ultimately, you are in school to LEARN. No one expects you to be a genius, so don't beat yourself up for not knowing things already, you are in school for that exact reason. Lastly, have fun, and don't let stress overule your life. These are the years that are filled with learning in so many different aspects of life. SOAK THESE LESSONS UP WITH A SPONGE, and enjoy.

The seminars can be very frustrating because in theory, they work, but in practice, they tend to be awkward and unproductive.

Students who need a lot of structure should not attend this school. Students are treated as responsible adults here and must take responsibility for their own actions, there is no hand holding. Right winged students might find this atmosphere frustrating.

The Evergreen State College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.