Norfolk, VA
Tidewater Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Tidewater Community College

Xavier

The one thing unique about Tidewater Community College in comparison to the other schools I considered is the tuition. The schools I were accepted to were all private colleges and had small class sizes, just like Tidewater Community College, but they also had dormitories, extra fees, and they are hours away from home.

Xavier, High school is just another step in life you have the ability to conquer as long as you stay focused. The advanced placement classes are just a taste of what college can be like. Do not quit now, you have gone too far and done too much. Your teachers are going to be a little rough on you, but just push through it, all will go well. Also, enjoy your senior year, it goes by way too fast. You only have one life with very short time to live it so, make the most of it.

Going to a community college in this area allows you to see the people you graduated high school with who barely made it out. Although I graduated with honors and had plans to go to a four year school made it difficult to adjust. There are people of all ages, which also makes it uncomfortable, but after the first semester I adjusted and all went well.

Lawren

My school is small, but still has many routes that you can take to persue your degree.

If I were to talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself not to wait so long. I am currently active duty military, and I have been out of school for over six years. I am a freshman, six years later. I would tell myself not to worry as much about college as I did. I would make sure that I applied for scholarships, and grants and did everything that I could do to have the money for college. I was too scared to go striaght to college, thats why I postponed it over five years. I remind myself to have the confidence and the faith that everything would work out, and that college was not as scary as I portrayed it in my own mind. Have faith that all will work out and it will.

I would consider the flexible class schedule to be the best thing about TCC. There are many different options to the way the class is conducted.

Brandon

i would tell my self to jump on the ball and really prepare myself. I would tell my self to work even harder and to aim high,not to lose focus and let anything stop me. Before I left high school I would visit my counselor for more advice so i would know of the things to come. I also would make sure that i feeled out as many scholarships as I could because of my financial situation.

The worst thing about my school is the times of the classes.

the most frustrating thing about Tcc is The Buildings and the elevators there are only two elevators in the campus buildings so if im running late it takes more time to get to class waiting for the elevator.

Kandice

I believe that Tidewater Community College's motto says a lot about the campus; From here, go anywhere.

I would tell myself not to get distracted by college life because it can cause you to slack off. Be prepared for the unexpected by not waiting till the last minute to study. Reading assignments are there for a reason, even if you have to read it more than once. If you have questions, don't be afraid to ask them. If you need help, don't be ashamed to ask. Get plenty of sleep because lectures can make you tired. Read and review the course's syllabus. Don't let one grade get you discouraged.

The online courses are a good route to take as long as you have the discipline to do your work.

Liana

Tidewater Community College is very open and spacious.

Tidewater Community College is very open and spacious.

The advice I would give myself would be to get all of your classes, books, and financial stuff done as soon as possible. It is best if you meet with a counseler so that you know what classes to take and when to take them. When you apply for your classes make sure that you make a good schedule with your classes because if you don't you will be lost on what to do and when to do it. As far as your books go, you don't always have to get new books. You can get used books which will be cheaper and you can also return them or you can sell them. All fo your financial stuff should be done as soon as possible. If you have to get Financial Aid you should do that months before tution is due and before classes start. The sooner you get stuff done, the better it will be for you. That's the advice I would give myself if I could go back in time.

The most frustrating thing about Tidewater Community College is that parking is ridiculious. In order for you to get to class on time you have to be at the school at least 30 minutes before your class starts just to get a parking spot. It doesnt matter if its a good or bad parking spot, as long as you get a parking spot and your at class on time thats all that matters. Parking at Tidewater Community College is very frustrating because people are rude. The school needs to make more parking spaces for the students and faculty.

Dana

Associate degrees with tranfer programs

Associate degrees with tranfer programs

I would say even when you think working full time and going to school is hard take a minium of two classes at all times, so that when you start full time using my GI Bill as I am now I will have more credits completed as well as to take the math classes first and get them out of the way!

Older students, students that work full time or have a fix income.

Anna

Tcc is an a great school with quality learning for an affordable price, this school has my major and is very close to my home.

To have motivation, give your 100%, don't slack off

The best thing at Tcc is everything the professors, the classes, and the affordable tutution.

Chih-Yao

I am so glad to go to college to get my education because that's the teaching from the prophet of the church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day saints. Now I realize how important to study for I can make my country and family better. The reasons why I mention about this situation are 1. The knowledge at the college is deeper and wider than in a high school, and it can explore your mind and thought. 2. The way you pursue the knowledge from the books and the professors will make your attitude and sight different so whatever you will do in the future will be more sufficient and more successful. 3. The relationship with everyone surrounded you will be closer because you guys are pursuing your dreams together. 4. You will get more chances to have a good job. I am happy to have a chance to get a higher education in my life and I know it will make YOUR life more vivid.

Matthew

Tidewater Community College (TCC) is well known for being a good start to college. It allows students to stay near home and attend for much cheaper tution then other state schools. The classes sizes are modest and the schedules are flexible, allowing students to work while in school to support themselves. All in all, TCC is the school for students who cannot afford a larger school and need to work to substain themselves while attending college.

If I were able to go back in time to talk to my high school self, I would enlighten myself to some things that would be coming around the bend. I would have encouraged myself to be more concerned with my grades and attentiveness to school. I would share with the younger version of me how much easier the transition to college would have been if I took college level classes in high school instead of taking the easier route. My best advice for my self would also be to align my classes and goals in high school to achieve my goals in college. I now know that a career in medicine is my goal and to make it into a medical school. I would share this with the young me, so that I could get into the medical program offered by a local high school as opposed to slacking off during my senior year. Hopefully these pieces of advice would help the high school me enough to make the transition to college just a bit easier.

The worst thing about Tidewater Community College (TCC) is that it does not offer four year degrees. The four campus in Hampton Roads offer all the course to complete a Bachelors degree, yet it is not offered. Therefore, you must transfer to a four year school to get a Bachelors. This is a disadvantage because some classes do not transfer and the tuition at four years schools are significantly more expensive. Besides that one draw back, TCC is a great school.

Sandra

You have your whole life ahead of you. You can be, do and have anything in life if you put your mind and heart into it. The experience and knowlegde you would gain from going to college is priceless. Think about all of the fun you would have running the halls of the dormitory. The forever bond of the friends you would make and keep is extraordinary. College would be alot of hard work and you must put forth a lot of time for your studies. But, If you do what you have to do, you can do what you want to do in the end. High School is not the end of your like it is just the opposite. Going to college is the beginning of the rest of your life. Take this opportunity and enjoy being young and don't rush to grow up you have plenty of time for that. Be smart and don't hesitate to ask for advice and guidence from your parents or another adult. Your education is your number one priority and don't let anyone stop you from getting it.

They told me everything I needed to know before I had enrolled. The counselors are great and they give good guidence.

I do not have one bad thing to say about my school.

Tidewater Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.