Toccoa Falls, GA
Toccoa Falls College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Toccoa Falls College

Most of my classmates are Christians, love the Lord, yet are still young and don't have a single-focused goal to reach through their studies.

If I could talk to myself when I was a senior in high school I would encourage myself to not be afraid of plunging into full-time college. Though it is harder than high school, it is not impossible! As for making the transfer into moving away from home to a four-year college, I would advise myself to give it some time before I can expect to settle in. Reliable friends take more than a semester to form, but they will begin to form. I would also tell myself to not panic about my career direction, but instead to give myself room for trial and error, because after all, college is the place to decide what I really want to be doing.

All of the workers, leaders, and faculty at my school have the most amazing and real love for God that shows in their care and concern for the students.

Phaleck

My school is best known for Toccoa Falls which is located on our beautiful campus. The waterfall is 186 feet high and it is really beautiful. It's a good place to relax and enjoy nature. The waterfall attracts many tourists who come and take picures and enjoy the scenery.

If I had the chance to go back in time and talk to myself as a highschool senior, I would definitely tell myself to study and to make an effort to attain good grades. I was not able to get the HOPE scholarship because my gpa was off by .023. If I knew that this would have stopped me from getting the scholarship, I would have worked harder. I woud also tell myself not to waste money on unnessecary items. Money becomes a very important resource when you become a college student. If I saved the money that I spent, I would have been able to buy mybooks for class and pay off my tuition. This is the advice that I would give myself if I could go back in time.

The worst thing aout my school is that we are in a small town so there is not very much to do unless you have car or you are friends with people who have cars. Other that this, I can proudly say that I love my school.

April

I would remind myself to be careful in my desires to go to a school so far away from home. Make sure you are GOING TO college because you want to and you feel that is the right place for you, not simply as a means to RUN AWAY FROM something. If you go to college with the desire to simply run away from your problems and frustrations at home, then those unresolved feelings and issues will prevent you from developing fully into the person you need to be and enjoying college life to the best of your abilities. Go to college free of baggage from home, if that is at all possible. Then you can begin your college experience without any regrets and fears of repeating the same mistakes and you can continue to develop relationships from back home while you are away at school. No need to unnecessarily burn bridges and shut people out of your life.

The small, "homey" feel. Starting college is a very stressful time and it can be easy to feel lonely, but at my school it is very easy to feel like you are gaining an additional family instead of losing one from home.

The amount of money it costs to attend, especially if you are not a Georgia resident. Financial aid is very helpful, but it does not meet all of one's needs and loans become and inevitable certainty.

Catessa

Knowing what I know about college life and making the transition, I would advise myself to take the ACT more than once before being accepted. Had I taken the ACT more than once i could've landed a better placement. I would also advise for me to stay focus

Missions, it's waterfall and all the outdoors hiking, etc. available.

Missions, it's waterfall and all the outdoors hiking, etc. available.

The close community, which builds amazing friendships that last a lifetime.

I would definitely tell myself there is so much more to life than anything that happens in highschool- all the drama and trying to be somebody else or more popular- none of that matters. I was a level 10 gymnast and dreamed of doing it in college, but I ended up having to retire early, and it was terrible, but I see now how it has really made me much better and I have different dreams for my life other than a sport. I was given the oppurtunity to play soccer at a much smaller school, with no scholarship, but even with that I have learned so much. So I would also tell myself, if my plan does not work out, I know something better is in store for me, though it may be really hard time at first. You go through chapters in your life, and you have to give stuff up- that is just life! The real life is HARD! Worrying about money, jobs, relationships, food, etc.- enjoy living at home and not having many responsibilities while it lasts, because it will never be the same after you graduate high school! Don't worry- life goes on!

Alison

Compared to other schools I considered, my school is unique because is has less than 1000 students, has a required 30 hours of Bible-related classes for every student, has access to three waterfalls on campus, and is so small that there is quite a close-knit relationship between the faculty and staff and the student body. The students often develop close relationships with their professors and various members of the faculty on campus. I also think Toccoa is unique because drugs and sex are not emphasized here, but we do not get the full college sports experience.

"College is absolutely one of the most fun, freeing, challenging, and dynamic times in your life. Soak up the challenges, academically and personally, as you begin questioning the beliefs, values, and ideals which you have previously felt to be foundational to your life. As you question these things, stay strong to that which truly matters to you, but also feel free to compromise occasionally. Stay strong academically, but feel free to compromise your time and your regimented planner for an occasional trip to Sonic, Wal-Mart, or Taco Bell. These times are when true relationships are formed through crazy, memorable moments. Stay strong morally, but feel free to compromise by not being so rigidly focused on your beliefs that you cannot be molded and changed by those who differ from you. Those who are different from you may only strengthen your former beliefs; others may help you develop and improve. Yes, obtaining and maintaining strong academics is important, but your memories with your friends are what will truly last when your transcript does not. Stay up until 2 or 3 in the morning laughing or crying, even if you have an 8:00 exam in a few hours.

I consider the friendships that I have made here to be the best thing about this school because most of the people are open and caring, and I feel that I will be friends with a few of them for the rest of my life.

Lindsey

Make a lot of friends, but choose them carefully. A reputation takes a lifetime to build and about five minutes to destroy. Your professors know so much more than you do, so take advantage of that. Become friends with them and learn from them. It's important to work hard in school, but save some time to have fun and learn who you are. You have all the time in the world to date and get married, if that is what you choose. Don't let it get in the way of succeeding academically now. Learning to get along with your roommate is a valuable life skill that you will need forever. If you are not sure what you want out of life, try everything until you figure out what you like doing.

Laura

There is something unique in the soul of each student, something that no one else can tell them about themselves. Listen to it. There is some subject that drives every student, a subject in which you flourish and can't get enough of. Choose this major. There is a specific atmosphere for every student, one that nurtures and gives life. Find your home. When choosing the college for you, there are certain aspects that are important, such as the ability to prepare you for a career. For me, I knew that pleasing God with my life was the most important factor, so I prayed hard in order to choose the school where God wanted me. But when it comes to the particular details of a school, it's okay to go by instinct. Don't feel silly for listing among the pros or cons of a school, "the atmosphere". It may be vague, but feeling at home and feeling nourished is important if you want to thrive. Choosing a major simply because you have fun with the subject is perfectly alright. Nothing will motivate you more in school than classes that you can't get enough of.

The Christ-centered perspective. Everything at Toccoa Falls College is geared towards your personal success and spiritual growth--there are opportunities everywhere to meet encouraging friends.

The small town environment. The beautiful 186 foot waterfall on campus. Small class size. The Biblical focus of the campus community.

Study a little every day. Don't wait til the day before a paper is due to start working on it. Invest ALOT of time into friendships. Talk to your professors outside of class. Get involved with the campus community. Rely on Christ for everything. Pray.

When you get tired of hiking around the beautiful mountians, there's not much else to do.

Toccoa Falls College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.