Trinidad, CO
Trinidad State Junior College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Trinidad State Junior College

Elijah

My overall opinion of Trinidad Sate Junior College is that it is a good school but there are some negatives about it. YOU WILL BE BORED OUT OF YOUR MIND. There is literally nothing to do when there are no events up. Oh and if you don't play a sport? Good luck finding something to eat up your free time. The food is pretty decent and the dorms are built like a prison cell. bring a rug and multiple fans cause sometimes it gets really hot. Class sizes are just like high school so it is not overwhelming. People are fun to talk to and a lot of them are from out of state or even the country. There is a lot of support to help you so there is no reason to fail. Overall its a okay two year school.

Isaac

My degree plan is an specialized Applied Sciences not listed or common. Gunsmithing is the program and Trinidad Junior State College is known for being the best. The higher rate is extremely high and prominent. I researched all my options for this degree plan and it stood out from the other two I found. The admittance per semester is small, as is the class to teacher ratio. Initially I did not get accepted, and that devastated me. Luckily I was accepted for the following semester, which worked out for the best. It gave me a chance to evaluate whether or not this was my decided degree plan and if I had the resilience to try again. The instructors are great and so are my classmates. We began together and will graduate at the same time. This has helped us build a tight bond. I would definitely recommend this school for all students interested in gunsmithing.

Anne

4th rate. Remedial. Dumbed-down. The worst teacher, so far, could barely speak English. Her "teaching" consisted of racing through power point presentations of the text book, talking WAY too fast, and mispronouncing all the three syllable words. It was horrible. The best one, so far, is excessively positive and practically cheers "Good Job!" every time I know what a word means. It's quite insulting. It's embarrassing to be a student here, but there isn't anything better.

Zane

Excellent learning environment for students who are motivated. The library is quite good for the size of the institution, and the museum is rather interesting as well. The professors are friendly and always willing to help with any problems students may have.

Merisa

There are many tips I would inform my high school self of. As a 18 year-old college drop out for the first attempt, I would tell myself to continue to stay involved as much in college as I was during my Junior and Senior year. The reason this is the first bit of advice is that my first attempt at college was lonely and resulted in depression, completely different than my current experience. Second, would be to stress the severity of financial planning which cannot be stressed enough. I would inform my younger self of the importance of scholarships compared to loans and that waiting for the school counselor is a bad idea, resulting in lose of numerous opportunities. Stay determined and no matter what continue to push yourself as this will open doors.

This school is nontraditional, I would have to say the instructors because they are willing to work with students.

More about scholarships and better ease with applying for financial aid. It can be extremely intimidating.

Grayson

This is the only school I considered.

This is the only school I considered.

Overall, as a college student now, I would tell my high school self a few things. First of all, I would tell myself to become more virtuous. High school isn't made up of teachers that push you to pass. YOU have to work hard and do the work by yourself. True, teachers are there to help you, but you cannot expect teachers to aid you every step of the way. Secondly, family friends are important. They are a source of encouragement and refreshment when it comes to come to hard times in life. However, during college you have to remain focused and learn to communicate with friends and family, letting them know that you love them but also that you won't have as much time to spend with them as you had previously. On the last note, keep in mind that big picture. College is going to be stressful, and you are going to cry sometimes. Do not lose sight of the big picture, however. This college experience will allow you to purse a life filled with joy and a job that will allow you to live life without the stress of not having a job. Stay strong!

I wish I had known that college takes a lot of work. You have to be assertive and look for the answers to your questions when it comes to teachers, financial aid, and assistance with class.

Danielle

My classmates are here to learn and enjoy the small size of the college and community.

If I could go back, I would tell myself to be more open to this new opportunity and environment. I admit, I have always been a little shy, weary, and not open to change at all. To me, "CHANGE" = "SCARY!" I have always been so focused on giving everything I have to the academic side of things that it took me a long time to realize that I can continue to work hard, earn good grades, and yet still be more active on the social front. I have met some of the best people at college and have been blessed enough to be able to experience so many great things! I realize now, however, that none of this would have been possible if certain aspects of my life hadn't changed. Between the friends I have made from the classroom and those from my soccer team, I never imagined how great these relationships would turn out to be; how each of these people have made me a better person, myself. Life is really one transition after another. Change always accompanies it. I would have told myself to accept this, open your mind and heart, and ENJOY! You will see.

I wish I had known how different it would be from high school. It is definitely a different experience and atmosphere.

Kara

I would tell my high school self to keep up the good work! You made excellent class choices in high school to advance your college start. Now don't give up! When college gets hard, keep trying. Don't miss class, talk to your professors if you need help or you don't understand. I would also tell myself to pick a smaller school. I feel I struggled with large university auditorium classes. Too impersonal and didn't fit my personality. Work on being outgoing, what have you got to lose, but a missed oppurtunity. Keep persuing your dreams they will soon be a reality!

daniel

I don?t believe I would want to travel in time and tell my past self anything, even advice. Learning anything about the future, I believe, would compromise my freewill and if I traveled back in time, then my past self would learn just that. If I knew I was going to do something, say, graduate from high school, then I would have known that I couldn?t do otherwise. If I couldn?t do otherwise, I wouldn?t have freewill. If I could do otherwise, then I might not have graduated. But that would be impossible if my future self had graduated and come to give me advice. That said, something I wished I had considered before graduation would be to start, right then, to start accomplishing outstanding achievements so that, later, when the time came to apply for scholarships, I could have been ready to give them a reason to pick me over the other applicants. Start looking for and saving up money, don?t wait until you?re almost two years through college.

I thought that attending Trinidad State Junior College was a good experience for me because I was so young when I started, and I could live at home and get a few college credits under my belt. It was a great transition between highschool and a four year college.

Anyone who already has some degree and wants a higher degree, or anyone with a special interest field. For example, someone wishing to learn, say, Turkish, or even German or French, wouldn't be able to take any classes in those subjects. Also, no one who likes big cities, big universities, or outstanding opportunities in a college.

I think Trindad State Junior College is best known for it's "We Accept Everyone" kind of policy. It seems like they will try to help anyone get an education, no matter their previous grades or anything. I think that's a good thing.

When I was seventeen, I started furthering my education at Adams State College. I was only suppose to be a junior in high school at the time, but the summer before I had received my GED because I thought that I'd like to get a jump start on my education. Back then, I had no idea what I wanted to do with my life, or what I'd even like to major in, so I started with my gen. eds. I started classes with good intentions but soon found out that it was way too much fun to be away from home. I got more involved in my friends and staying up all night than I did with my studies. I soon flunked most of my classes. Now, I"m going on nineteen and having to retake some of the classes I should have passed. My advice now would be to take every class serious, even if you don't think you'll need them, and don't let having fun with friends become more important that classes because you're friends are not the ones paying for your tuition!

The worst thing about my school is size. It's a small school, so sometimes it's hard to find the classes that you need, especially for the nursing field, it seems like the nursing classes are always full. That's why it's the best idea to register early.

Trinidad State Junior College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.