Stone Ridge, NY
Ulster County Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Ulster County Community College

Raveena

It is a great college to start at if you are unsure of what you would like to do. I personally went to Ulster to stay close to home and hopefully transfer to New Paltz with their joint program which was Adolescent Education. Ulster Community College and SUNY New Paltz have many joint programs that you can obtain information about. They have great professors who are always have time to answer students questions. My second semester here I was unsure of what wanted to do. But while studying at Ulster I got almost all my General Education requirements complete. I want to go into Environmental Science. With the help of the transfer counselor here at the college I will hopefully be able to transfer to a four year University. SUNY Ulster is a great way to start your college experience and to build up your GPA and to experiment on what you want to do.

Christine

It’s a great school to start right after college everyone is super friendly and don’t hesitate to ask for help or guidance. I know college might be a scary idea for some people but i couldn’t be prouder with my choice to attend SUNY ulster. I can’t wait to graduate from here and go onto my next adventure in life.

Joseph

An incredibly caring staff who go out of their way to help everyone. The college has curriculum for students struggling with subjects that they should have been proficient in while in high school. It’s almost as if they are taking up the slack that was not impossed on the students prior to their college experience.

Nina

SUNY Ulster is a great community college. The campus is on the small side but it is really nice. The buildings are all close together making it easy to walk from class to class in the cold or bad weather. Most of the professors are always available to students even outside of their office hours which is a huge plus! Although there is not much to do around campus, SUNY Ulster is a great college to commute to. If you're looking for small class sizes and professors who are easy to get in contact with, this is definitely the school for you.

Nataly

Ulster County Community College is very much a community. A tight knit, helpful, encouraging environment for students who know what they want to do, and also those who are still understanding who they are.

latisha

I would advise my younger self to go to graduate school and go to college to pursue the nursing career. I would advise her not to wait ten year to try and attend college.

I feel that a variety of ethnicities should attend the school. it will provide a diversified education

Right now there is no fustrating thing about it. but i do hear rumors about how students get through the program and then at the end they are told they didn't make it ..

Emma

After a stressful beginning to my college education, I learned a lesson that I wish I knew ealier. Foresight is everything. If it were possible to go back and talk to myself right before the start of senior year, I'd remind myself that high school laid the groundwork for my college education. After all, just because I was graduating didn't mean that I would no longer need the information I had learned. This would have been most beneficial for my college calculus class, which built upon the rules of the pre-calculus I learned in high school. Although I was very busy in my senior year, I would remind myself to take the time and apply for more scholarships. I fell into the same trap as the majority of high school seniors and let the time slip away until it was a scramble to fill them out. Since I know that I cannot go back in time, I'll just have to learn from my experiences and move ahead. But hopefully I can teach others that foresight is everything.

I like that the class sizes are relatively small. Most of the professors try to aquaint themselves with all their students and are willing to arrange one on one meetings to give extra help. This arrangement makes all of us feel more comfortable and confident.

At Ulster, we have a great math tutoring center called Times Squared. It is staffed with some student tutors, but it also has professional, paid tutors. Some of the tutors are current professors and one of them was the previous chair of the math department. In my personal experience, the tutors assisted me every step of the way and helped me achieve an A- in my calculus class. I constantly brag about Times Squared and the willing helpers who staff it.

Ulster County Community College is known for its information technology, nursing, human services, fine arts, network administration and criminal justice education and training as well as its strong liberal arts reputation. Additionally, UCCC has gained national attention for giving students the opportunity to work with and learn from internationally recognized writers, poets, and visual and performance artists in classroom and performance settings through the Artist-In-Residence program.

Heading off to college freshman year is a really frightening time. You will be away from home for the first time. You will create your own rules to live by. You will be held responsible for your own actions. You will be an adult and treated as such. When you step foot on campus you will know no one. Since you are very shy when it comes to meeting new people, the first couple of months will be a very lonely time and you will want to go home to familiar surroundings. Don't! It is during this time that you will begin to figure out who you are and what you want for yourself and your future. In your classes you will meet new people and make new friends from all over the country and the world. Always remember that you are there to learn and that must be your priority. If you do, many opportunities will be presented to you, like scholarships, fellowships and internships, so be open and take full advantage of these when you can. Create the life you want to live, laugh hard and often, and learn everything!

Ulster County Community College is a great school for everyone from the student who is unsure of a major to the student planning to complete her studies at a four-year college/university or graduate school. The faculty and staff are personable, helpful, and take as much of an active interest in your academic success as you do. This school offers day, night, campus, on-line, and blended classes all year 'round to fit any schedule. UCCC will help you build your confidence in college-level learning while giving you a quality education for an affordable tuition.

While most of the students at my school are there to better themselves or prepair for a four year school, some are there mearly because it is expected of them.

Don't jump into college without thinking. Take it serious, but have fun. Have a life out side of school and work, but don't ignore your schoolwork. Apply to more scholorships, and save all you can. Learning costs more then you'd ever believe.

The most fustrating thing about my school is the students. I can tell from what I hear and see that some of my classmates don't really want to be there. They're there because their parents wanted them to continue their educations, or they just don't have anything better to do. I'm in school because I want to learn. What's truly fustrating is that those students get financial aid to be where they don't want to be, but I get none to try and better myself.

Ulster County Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.