University at Buffalo Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for University at Buffalo

Norin

Buffalo to me is the best School to be in right now. I am thankful to be able to attend this school. During my high school years i didn't really take school very serious but, I was able to get an average GPA. I am very honoured to be able to attend the best school in buffalo NY.

Genessy

I feel as if as for most reviews, you truly never know until you experience it yourself . I personally think University at Buffalo is a great school for a cheap price. UB is an extremely diverse school; we have thousands of international students and a array of students from different economic backgrounds. Hence you meet a lot of different people with cultures so vastly different from your own. Another pro I can give UB is the amount of clubs we have, I can guarantee you that everything your interested it... it is highly likely their is already a club devoted to that interest. We have sport clubs, anime clubs, video game clubs, religious clubs, political clubs, culture appreciation clubs, music clubs, dancing clubs, etc. Hell, we even have a quidditch club. University at Buffalo takes diversity to a whole new level and I think that is what makes UB overall great.

Eve

The University at Buffalo is generally a great college for students who are serious about their career path and even people who are still at the deciding stage in their life. It's location is wonderful along with it being a very safe environment. There is a plethora of activities and clubs for everyone to partake in.

Ariel

The University at Buffalo is a unique, intellectual, inspiring, and adventurous college to attend. There are three different campuses which give students the opportunity to see and study in three different environments. Such as an urban campus, a suburban campus, and one just in the middle. On each of these campuses there are amazing professors who care for their students and are willing to go above and beyond to help them. There are also multiple extra curicular activities that the students can join, whether they want to be fully committed to a D1 sport or just be on a recreational club. The thing I find most appealing about this campus are the endless opportunities and support you get. On campus you will make several friends who want to see you become successful. There are staff members who will help you with your studies and planning your future beyond college. As well as internships and volunteer work that you can participate in. This you university is the best choice I have made and I am grateful for having the opportunity to attend it.

Meredith

It's a great school for academics and community. It's full of interesting classes and hardworking professors and intelligent students. I wanted a school far away, I wanted lecture style classes, I wanted to freeze in the icy tundra. And UB gave me everything I wanted and I honestly couldn't be happier.

Damaris

My overall opinion about university at Buffalo is that is a great school for any major you decide to go into especially if your in STEM. Their science programs is one of the best here in New York state. Here at University at Buffalo you can find many opportunities and room to grow. This place makes you feel welcome and you fit right in, professors are of great help and many go above and beyond to make sure you understand and do well in their class. Here you have to see and experience everything but best of all is that you're getting your money's worth.

Destiny

Overall, the University at Buffalo is a great school to attend. Freshmen year the class sizes are huge, but I've been told that the numbers quickly drop as the classes become more specified. There is food, at least vending machines or more, available in every building on campus. My only issue is there are minimal vegan and vegetarian options. Aside from that, the community is very welcoming and very proud. There are so many outside activities to participate in and it is super easy to make friends if you put in a little effort.

Laura

I love UB's campus and atmosphere. The feel of it all is great. But as a commuter, I find it hard to get involved as much as I want to. But as I made more friends and stayed on campus to hang out with them, it has gotten easier to be more involved in the school and its activities. So making friends definitely helps with commuters getting involved.

Kathleen

It's really a great school. I'm really proud to say I'm a UB student. A lot of my family who has undergone higher education has also graduated from UB even from the highest levels of higher education. The students are really welcoming as well as the staff, teachers are for the most part approachable and really are leading experts in their fields.

Kylee

University at Buffalo is a well recommended institution by many people. Personally it just wasn’t a great fit for me. I am transferring out of the university after only one semester there because it just wasn’t an atmosphere that I am used to nor that I feel comfortable in. I come from a small town out in the country so UB was definitely a culture shock that I never adjusted too. I did make a few friends but I just never felt super comfortable or like I belonged.

Victoria

I was super worried I wouldn't like the school or that i would get lost on campus. After the first week, I knew where all my classes were and had made some really cool friends. I love the school and im so happy i decided to attend. There are some big classes and some small ones. The professors I've had so far really want their students to succeed, they have office hours, good TAs, and sometimes in-class review sessions. Both campuses seem a little big but once you get used to it, its nothing. The school is really pretty and has so much to offer, I love it. Go Bulls!!

Tierney

Definitely not my top choice. The school is too big to really get to know your professors. Most opportunities are only available for people who live in buffalo. There’s not really that much activities to get into. You kind of just get lost in the size of the school.

Cassandra

The school is a lot better than a lot of people make it out to be. Being a Buffalo native I was quick to downplay the school's reputation and its worth. However, seeing how many people choose this school as their number one school from out of the area I realized how special of a school I have in my backyard. I will say though that a lot of people from cities tend to think Buffalo is very suburban. Which is true. If you are on the north campus it is located in Amherst. Amherst is famously known to be where doctors and lawyers settle down. That doesn't mean there isn't a lot to do in Buffalo. Having a car definitely does help and they have a lot of parking available for bringing your car even as a freshman which I highly recommend.

Rickia

I think that University at Buffalo is a great school and an amazing place for students to be challenged in various ways. Whether you're living on-campus or off-campus, University at Buffalo is a place that will make you feel accepted regardless of your ethnicity or academic capabilities. Faculty are always willing to help and make sure that you are doing your best and/or given the proper materials to do your best. It is a great school and given the opportunity i would choose the school all over again.

Frank

Big open campus. Lots of friendly people. Nearby stores. Would be interested in going because of the Business management aspect of the school. I would like to stay in New York because this is my home and its not to far away from family and friends. Plus I love that they have such a big campus with lots to do and explore.

Rebecca

I think that overall UB is a very underrated university. There are always so many things going on and as a student I feel that I am only aware of about 10% of the academics that occur on North campus (where all of my classes are) let alone on South. UB is a very scientific driven school and I enjoy seeing the impact that our work has on our local community and the medical and scientific fields as well.

Ajla

Personally, I enjoy my time here and am happy I ended up coming. It is affordable, especially if you are from New York State. Although the school is large, there is a sense of community. The class sizes vary. Mine ranged from a class of five people to over four hundred people. Since the school is very large, it is important to partake in the plethora of clubs and activities, the best would be to join Greek life or an athletics team. The campus is very diverse so it is nice to talk to different people and have a variety of friends. Also, the school is research based, professors are knowledgeable, and it is relatively easy to find an internship or job, you just have to put the effort in. Overall, I truly love it, but ultimately it all depends on the individual.

Daniella

It's a beautiful campus very diverse and full of Buffalo pride and culture. There is a place for everyone and if you don't feel that way, go ahead and make a group that you are comfortable in. so inviting and fun to be apart of!!! The counselors for my school are really there to help you and place you in the right programs at the right times. If you ever feel rushed in class or you just can't keep up with the lessons, LET THEM KNOW, and then you guys can make a plan together. Overall, you are going to be calling this place home #2!

Tiffany

The school is very interesting and there are always events or fun things to do at the school. Never a boring day. The classes are very straightforward and the school provides many different facilities and services to the students that is very beneficial.

Ryan

I believe that the University at Buffalo is good but many things could change that would make the campus much better very quickly. For example, having a bus from south to north at night time would be good. Also, changing up the foods being served in dining halls. One last thing would be to promote greek life to create a safer environment for all students.

I loved The University At Buffalo! The school itself is great, big but not huge to the point where you wont find your place, there greek life,clubs, sports, whatever you are interested in there will be a place for you. The city itself is also amazing, even though UB is set in the suburbs the city of Downtown Buffalo is quite amazing. GO TO FOOD TRUCK TUESDAYS!

michelle

The University at Buffalo is the definition of home. The University at Buffalo offers a wide range of clubs in which one can go to meet new people and integrate to be a part of the UB community. Not only do they offer great clubs but the food and staff here is lovely. While attending UB one will never feel the need to miss home. UB is the perfect definition of home away from home. Theres an abundance of things to do at UB that one will never get bored. Truly there is no place better than the University at Buffalo.

Garrett

Its a great school, depending on what you are going for I guess. Great Medical and Engineering Majors, the rest are just extra. Its a big party school. I hate how the school takes advantage of the Pell grant that is supposed to go to you. I've heard they keep about 50% of it for themselves which sucks. But overall the professors REALLY challenge your knowledge. But some professors really suck at teaching. UB's criteria for hiring professors is "if they have a PHD", they don't care if they can teach, which is the downfall. But you meet great people here. Extracurricular activities are great as well, there is something for everyone.

Kijana

I love the school and the people here. The academics are definitely different from high school but if you apply yourself and take advantage of the help they offer you can do very well at the school. The food is excellent also. I thought it would be like High school lunch but it is restaurant quality.

Tiffany

I like how the school allows 30000 students but doesn't make you feel as if you're lost in a sea of people. The school allows its students to express themselves as individuals and cares for them as such. We are not just numbers to the school and that is very important as it allows us to feel more at home

Nicolas

Great school with great people. There are so many different things that can be done here. Always something going on around campus and even if it might not be something that you want to do, you can always go downtown and explore because i guarantee that there is always something going on in the city

Jasmine

The university is very diverse and has a lot of opportunities for students to succeed but you have to be willing to take advantage of those opportunities. The university is big on academics. You will not walk the campus and not see a student studying at all points in time and the university is big on athletics, so, put on your UB gear and hit the football games in the fall and the basketball games in the spring. Choosing UB was the best decision I have ever made.

Sandy

The University at Buffalo is a very vast campus that spans three campuses in the city of Buffalo, New York. Transportation here is never a problem because of an inter-campus bus system that makes it convenient for students to travel between campuses. The atmosphere at Buffalo is very friendly and calm. There are many options for students who wish to live on campus or off campus. To me, I feel like the University at Buffalo is a great fit for me because it's easy for me to get into the flow of things around here. There are many on and off campus activities for those who love to be involved. There are also many opportunities for shopping and dining around the community. Overall, the University at Buffalo is a great place to learn and to live at for the next four years.

Kaitlyn

University at Buffalo is a great research facility. Because of this, every major, including liberal arts, has a pretty strong research component. Class sizes for undergrad are pretty large, especially for large majors like psychology. I am currently enrolled in the school of social work for my masters degree, and the class sizes are much smaller and the professors are much more accessible. Overall, UB is an amazing university if you are looking for a big school.

Johanny

University at Buffalo is a great school for the price. There are many majors to choose from and a variety of classes that you can take. When it comes to academics some courses may be more difficult than others, but thee are so many resources on campus like study/tutoring centers. The social life is decent with a lot of clubs to be apart of but the greek life is not so great. And although we are a Division 1 school are sports teams are no that good and not a lot of people show up for the games, but we do have nice gyms and an olympic pool that any one campus can use. There are always a lot of people for you to meet on campus and there is a lot of diversity because of all the international students. Some campus housing is great and the bad places to live at would be Governor's Hall or if you chose to live on South Campus because of the commute to class and tight spaces. The are so many food options at UB you can try something new everyday and you wo't get tired of the food, you can either go to dining halls or swipe a meal at one of the restaurants in the student union. I would recommend this school to anyone that asks as long as they're okay with how cold it gets in Buffalo!

Kaveri

It's my first semester here, and so far I admire the campus and the people here. Academically it's a great SUNY and overall it's a pleasant place to go for a good college experience. The only thing that I found is a negative side to this school, is the snow. It snows a lot here so that's something one has to get used to.

Lydia

It is a very big and diverse school and you will meet very different individuals and it is a nice experience. There are several different clubs and organizations and there will be at least one or two that you will fit in and be interested. It is a safe environment and there are always events happening that keep students involved in campus activities. It is a very welcoming school.

Gianna

I love it. By my second day as a freshman I already felt at home. I love the scene and how kind everyone is to each other. the faculty and academic teams are great. It feels like a family outing when all the students gather for a big football game. overall a great school and great campus life.

Jamie

The University at Buffalo is an Amazing campus to be a part of!!! Even though the campus is fairly large, you never feel like you're just a number. With tons of majors to choose from and like a gazillion clubs and activities, it's basically impossible to not find your niche. I encourage everyone to apply because the college experience here is basically priceless!

Jasmine

UB gives students the opportunity to challenge themselves. Since UB is such a huge and diverse campus, students can learn so much outside the classroom and always find ways to keep occupied. UB keeps students involved with a variety of events, clubs and organizations.

Kevon

University at Buffalo is a great academic learning institution which takes pride in their teachings of students. They help to carry each student to their full potential and ensure that they graduate and become great members of society. In closing, University at Buffalo stands tall among many of the other great SUNY universities.

tajkia nadriba

University at buffalo is an amazing university with huge opportunities for students. I am glad that I am a part of this university. From research, internship, scholarship on every sector university gives huge opportunities. Thousands of subjects are there, and there are always a helping hand. We receive help not only for education, but also for health, mental stress relief, getting job, applying for internship, updating linkdin profile almost on every issue.

Aliyah

University at Buffalo is a good school. There are many ways to engage in student life, there are a number of clubs , frats and sororities, including the divine nine. Class sizes vary, one class can have 25 people while another can have 400, so it really all depends. There are a lot of on campus options for food compared to most schools, we have a Starbucks (and cafes that serve starbucks products), Tim Hortans, and Moes, just to name a few. On campus residence life is fun, there are always workshops going on. Professors on campus are usually very helpful as well.

David

It's a great school, with a phenomenal program of study. I feel very lucky to be here and building my knowledge of Environmental Design/ Architecture. Buffalo itself is rich in architectural history, as well as it's historical significance to the design of it's park system, by Frederick Law Olmsted (designer of Central Park).

Nicholas

Overall, I think that the University at Buffalo is a great place to learn and get involved. The University at Buffalo has been beneficial for me as far as friendships made and personal growth and development. I am really looking forward to my next few years at the University at Buffalo.

Eric

The University at Buffalo is a good school. The Faculty has a high priority to help students although their office hours are not the best nor is their email response time. As students go, this is a state school and student quality tends to reflect that. There are quite a few smart People who make good decisions, but there are also a lot of people making bad decisions. The school is a smoke free zone, however a lot of people still smoke, and not just cigarettes. Drugs and alcohol tend to be a problem at this school, which is why despite all the police and safety stations I still do not feel fully secure.

Victoria

The University at Buffalo changed my life in more ways than one. I was lucky enough to be a part of a program that offered compassion, advice and knowledge that helped me grow into a young, intellectual adult. Leaving home, and developing maturity can be terrifying; especially when you're also expected to plan your entire future. My professors are still some of my most trusted advisers in life, helping me to make career decisions three years later.

stephen

It's a great party school, not the brightest students have gotten in and have done well. Overall, everyone takes things very relax and when exams come people rely on each other to do well. I attended there for 2 years before I changed because I was having too much fun and not gaining enough knowledge

Joshua

University at buffalo has space for every as long as you are willing to seek a group that you can fit in. The school also offers a lot of events that allow you to meet new people. UB is a great school for people seeking a college with a great community and greater education.

RaQuan

I think that the University at Buffalo is an outstanding STEM school. I wouldn’t necessarily recommend it for people involved in the arts. But, if you are a STEM person, and you utilize all of the resources available, this school can really take you places.

Ngowari

Its a great school. The diversity is beautiful and some people are nice. I just wish there could be more financial aid. The professors are really good and explain well. The transport system is very convenient from south to north campus. I like how all the classroom buildings are connected so students can avoid the cold, and the indoors are very well warmed.

Porphyria

It is a large school and you can feel it. There is a bias against smaller majors, especially the area studies. Campus life is what to be expected from a SUNY school with many shops, eateries and extracurricular activities, however, I am extremely disappointed in the academic aspect. There are very few professors and classes offered for Asian Studies and I have heard it is the same for African American Studies. It is extremely embarrassing for both the school and the students that they are treated this way. When approaching the dean about it, I was sent to one of the many assistant deans who talked circles around me until I ultimately gave up and left. Now more than ever, these areas of study are important, with the state of the world in 2020.

D

Overall just disappointed...For all due respect after finishing a miles stone in my life. I was so excited to receive my diploma which i work and payed full tuition for. The diploma came in a paper envelop without a cover or anything just a pice of paper looks like it was printed out in a UPS store. Which is not a problem just don't displace yourself as University that thrive on excellence and supporting student when they are not even able to put a diploma in a hard cover folder( which doesn't even cost 10$) and present the degree that you earn like trash.

Hasan

I loved it but it was expensive. The classes were too big and I wish the classes were smaller. It didnt help me learn as much in the large lecture rooms. The clubs on campus and especially the food was good. The housing on campus was too expensive.

Casey

I really enjoyed my time at University at Buffalo. I enjoyed the large libraries and different food options on campus. There was always something happening on campus and people were always happy to talk to you. I really enjoyed my classes and professors and am excited to go back for graduate school.