Baltimore, MD
University of Baltimore

Video courtesy of University of Baltimore.

Established in 1925, the University of Baltimore provides innovative education in business, public affairs, the applied liberal arts and sciences, and law to serve the needs of a diverse population in an urban setting. A public university, the University of Baltimore offers excellent teaching and a supportive community for undergraduate, graduate and professional students.

View the Full Summary

Grace

The University of Baltimore is exceptional. There are several online options for graduates and the on campus courses are excellent. There is a dynamic group of peers and professors that are truly inspiring. The Merrick School of Business offers a comprehensive business curriculum. The specialization in Health Care Management is unique to this school. Every class is exciting and a worthwhile investment.

Jakeira

UB is a great school overall. The level of maturity amongst the staff and students is outstanding. There isn't as much campus activity regarding sports and Greek life given. However there are other ways to fulfill those needs on the collegiate level. UB's location, flexibility, and classroom diversity will defiantly help to mold minds and prepare students for their next chapter beyond graduation.

Noah

It is a very welcoming and honest place. Everyone knows the strengths and weaknesses and has no problem sharing them with faculty and other students. As a member of student government i see how much everyone who attends is truly invested in their education as well as how invested the faculty and staff are as well. It is a non traditional school but still an amazing place. I think it is one of a kind.

Ellehcim

Since applying for the university I have been greeted with nothing but kind gestures. From the class enrollment and freshmen advising appointments to the in class communications. The university feels like a family and since it's fairly small the teachers have a good relationship with the students and vice versa. After this first semester I couldn't see myself at any other university. Overall, I am very pleased with The University of Baltimore.

Lashay

I no longer attend the University of Baltimore. The school itself is diverse and the professors care about student success. However, I wanted more. I want to pursue the arts. While UB provides things a student would want such as an easy commute, good professors and a diverse campus it however, does not fulfill me as an artist. So I ended leaving UB and have plans on attending a community college that has a very good art program there.

Amber

University of Baltimore is a great college, it has everything you are looking for in ways of research and education. However, there is no real "Campus life," seeing as most students are commuters. This can give the sense of neglect to student ideals and concerns on campus... but overall you can find more campus life activities if you really want to just keep an eye out!

Margaret

My school is really know for its law school. I love my school. I appreciate the small class sizes because it is very intimate, which makes any classroom conversation or argument more engaging. The teachers know you by name because the classes are so small. I think this is what I love most about the school.

When I was in high school I was award of the state. The advice I would have given myself now would be to go to school while you have the financial support. I would have told myself that people can beat you down, chase you, doubt you, but they can never take away your education which can take you to many places in your life. College is like a passport, use it, get stamped and start life.

I think because the school is so small, some of the classes are not offered in both Spring and Fall semesters. Because of this, you have to wait for the following semester to take a class. That can throw your schedule off, especially if you are close to graduating.

benjamin

My classmates are outgoing and friendly.

My classmates are outgoing and friendly.

I would contiue to work hard and look into colleges that specialize in my major. Be more involved with clubs and developed better study skills. I did not feel as though my senior year was as challenging as it could have been. If it would have been more challenging it may have prepared me better for college.

My school is very informative. Any time I have a question or concern there is always someone able to assist or instruct me in the right direction. The professors are available by email, office hours and phone which is great and they will set up appointments to discuss your situation. As a freshman, sometimes its uncomfortable to always be asking questions and recieving guidance. I don't feel that way here.

Danielle

The Law School and the new law school building.

The Law School and the new law school building.

While money and being able to support yourself and future family are surely main reasons for attending college, it is critical that you do not make these things the sole reasons for your career path. It is important that you study and eventually work in a field that you are passionate about. Once college is finished, those four years spent studying will feel miniscule compared to the thitry plus years you will spend in the workforce. If you dreaded only that little time spent learning, you surely will destate any work that relates to it. Try to find an area that you love and are willing to work in for the rest of your life. If it is lucrative --great, if not, at least you'll be able to spend your life being happy and doing what you love.

Arnelle

If I could go back to high school and speak to myself as a senior I would tell myself to never lose focus. During my senior year I began put very little effort into whatever I did. I consider this to be a mistake because I personally feel like it would have given me options on the schools I could have applied to if my grades were a little bit better than they already were. Many of us don’t take high school seriously which is a big mistake that I feel most of us teenagers make. I would also tell myself to be cautious if the decisions I make on picking my college that I’m attending. I was so focused on getting away from home and moving to another state to be away from everyone back at home, that I didn’t look at all my options. We’re all given options, but it’s up to us to make the right choices.

I wish i had known alot about this school before i came. This includes me wishing that i knew that this school didnt have campus dorms. They give you options of finding apartments near the school. given the fact that this school is a commuter school. Also they dont have a meal plan, they have nearby fast food places, and gives you many options. But i feel many students would save more money if they had a meal plan included with their tuition.

The school isnt like an average univerity, it doesnt offer a meal plan.

University of Baltimore administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.