Bridgeport, CT
University of Bridgeport

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Bridgeport

shelley

being a very good school and difficult to get into the program i am in is national accredited

i would explain to myself that you need to take school much more seriously. pay attention in class, do the work. if i had done it then i would probably be much farther along. if i had done better in highschool it would have made my college experience much easier. when we are young we dont look at our future. now that i am older i have realized what the world is like, outside the comfort of the teachers pushing us to succeed. in college you are on your own. the teachers are not going to beg you to do the work. you dont do the work you will fail. life is much more difficult when you get older. if I had done everything right when i was in highschool, it would have made college much easier. the transitions between college and highschool is huge. i've come to realize highschool faculty is like a family. the push you to succeed. in college you need to push yourself, or you will fail.

for me personally the only frustration is trying to pay for my education. there are only two schools in ct that offer degrees in interior deisign and the schools are very expensive, especially since finacial aid wont give me that much. and my parents cant pay it

Peter

Your success in college largely depends on your attitude, your preparedness and your desire to succeed. Never procrastinate, copy, cheat or neglect to treat each assignment as if your stay in college depended upon it alone. No amount of ability will supercede the value of tenacity and good judgement, integrity and moral breeding. Work hard, play and pray hard, but most of all, remember that success is the result of good planning, hard work, persistence and a little bit of luck. So plan well, work hard all the time and then you may not even need luck.

I would talk myself into developing and sustaining a love for reading materials that are filled with onreous details and sometimes very little personal interest, except that the content is critical to the outcome of some personal objectives. This would help in sorting throught the many books, journals, research papers and other written materials that becomes a part of the whole college learning experience. I would also develop a proper study rythm that yields success and is capable of duplication. Finally, I would learn to tollerate that teacher that was such a dud, for the grade.

Any person with a desire to succeed, who needs a diverse University that will provide exposure to many different cultures and peoples from all over the world. Anyone interested in a school with rigorous learning and very knowledgeable professors, who will not compromise content for expediency. Then you have chosen the right school. The University of Bridgeport is a mini United Nations Lab. This is where anyone with any kind of interest in people of other cultures and nations may research cultural diversity and the results of the intended or unintended melting pot.

Peter

I would say to the high school senior, compartmentalize your life. Set specific goals and divide your time wisely between the to-do's in your life. Apportion enough time to the things that matter and develop a love for reading which will become a necessary tool for success in College.cultivate good friendships and cultivate in yourself the ability to get along with even the most impossible teachers and or fellow students. For they will be right there with you in college and often times the only teacher for a particular course that is critical for your degree.

The tower of Babel effect of the multiple languages spoken on campus. My School is a diverse, multicultural, mini united nations laboratory. A melting pot of cultures, languages and people. The multiplicity of foreign languages spoken on campus and sometimes in the library is often a source of distraction and even annoyance. It is customary to hear spanglish, but now we hear Chinglish as well. There is also the added use of the language as a disguise by many to speak about an individual to their face knowing full well that they were not in a position to understand.

Any person willing to overcome the narrowness of their own personal cultural norms and limitations, and is willing to venture out into the world in a mini test lab type atmosphere. Where individualism and self confidence takes on a whole new meaning and the comfort of ones own skin, culture and language is neither a blessing nor a curse, but rather a part of us that makes us unique to who we are and not a deterent to what we may accomplish.

They are all amazing and you really make great friends here.

They are all amazing and you really make great friends here.

When you leave for college, don't quit your job. Ask for a l.o.a. so when you go back, you can work for christmas break and summer. You need to reconsider living at an all girls campus because you don't function well with all girls around you. You will have a tragedy during your senior year, but don't let it affect your finals. It will make you very upset but you will make it through and you will have great happiness afterwards. You'll make it through, kid. Even though you and mommy don't get along now, you two will be fine and get along well when you leave for college. Keep your grades up because you will get a better scholarship for college. Your horses are high priority so remember to keep them in mind when you'd rather stay in bed all day or go off galavanting with your friends instead. Your friends won't all stay your friends, but your horses will always be there.

It's an all girls school and I don't function well without men to diffuse the estrogen abundance. Also, you get fined for EVERYTHING. AND there is only wi-fi in the common rooms and the science center. that's it. there are 2 washers and dryers per floor. there is no air conditioning. the showers are 2x2 box stalls, and moldy.

Antoinia

the advice i would give myself is go where you want to go, not where any one tells you to go.You must remember your college experience is your college experience. It is what you make of it. don't do anything to wild but have fun. College is yes another level of school but also a learning experience. choose wise when you choose the school you want to go to

the worst thing about the school is the food. For what we are paying the food should be at least a little better!

THE MOST FUSTRATING THING ABOUT UINVERSITY OF BRIDGEPORT IS THE FINANCIAL AID. NOT MANY PEOPLE CAN APPLY OR REGISTER BECAUSE THEY HAVE A BALANCE. THE SCHOOL IS 42,000 DOLLARS AND ALOT OF PEOPLE STILL HAVE A BALANCE!

ashaley

It needs to be improved. There needs to be a new president. I don't plan on graduating from this university.

I would have done a better job and took more time out when it came to visiting colleges and applying to ones that are better for my major.

Abdul-Salaam

Going back in time to talk to myself would indeed be a great help, assuming I could, to me in the way I went about my trasition tthat of a college student. Knowing what I know now I would have definately chosen a less expensive college and visited the school i chose before attending. I would also have definately applied for more scholarships. This experience for me taught me that you have to be careful and thoughtful in choosing a college and preparing for it. i wasn't properly prepared, looking back on the situation. I would have made sure to have myself financially secure before coming so that i could be ready. I would have told myself to look at the surrounding area of a college. this would have made college life alot easier.

The Dining Hall closes at 7 pm and the food isn't eactly up to par. It's in a location where, if you live on campus, you're basically trapped on campus. There isn't any close malls, grociery stores, or places of entertainment, like movie theaters, close by. Academicallt the school is quite exceptional, but residential life is pretty dull. There is a shuttle bus service that isn't really needed. The campus is small, the shuttle bus only goes around campus and to the train/ferry/bus station, which is also within a reasonable walking distance.

Someone who has a car, and lots of money to travel back home as much as possibe.

Asia

Finding the right college is not as tough as many people make it out to be. There are a lot of online sources along with advisers at high schools that the family can talk to about making choices of what school has what you need in resources and academics. Know or have an idea of what who want to major in college and find a school that best suits what u want from that major. Figure out if the campus size and the surrounding community are right for you. Making a list of possible schools and then going to visit those institutes is another good way of making sure that the school is right for the student. Join clubs and get involved with school activities in and around the campus and the community to get the most of the college experience. Meeting and getting to know people of different backgrounds and different interests can not only help contribute to the outside life once college is completed but can make for a well rounded individual. Activities can also release stress accumulated though class work and test.

People who do not wish to get to know others of different walks of life shouldn't attend the University of Bridgeport. It is one of the most diverse schools in the country bringing people not only from more than thirty different states but from many fifferent countries and islands over the world. It is not a University that people can come to with the mindset that they are better than people who are not like them racialy, ethnicaly, physicaly religiously, or sexualy.

Kimblia

I think i would say is really do your research about a school before you decide to actually go to a school. And also go on tours and ask the students how do they feel about the school. And dont depend on just one school look at different school always have a back up plan.

I like how my school has a wide varitey of majors to choose. And i like how the teachers know you by name and not just by a number. And it feels like my school is more like a family more than a jus t a college.

How my old dorm looked before i got placed there.

Dale

North Central University strives to make your life and future their mission by helping you any way they can.

My school is known for many of it's students getting married before graduation. That's an on-campus joke, but it happens quite a bit. My school is also best known for helping it's students grow in their relationship with God, as well as with each other. North Central helps establish community, as well as a spiritual atmosphere.

College is one of the biggest experiences in life. You'll be able to experience so much just by attending even one year of school. And moreso, college will prepare you for life. When picking the right college, think about what you plan to do later in life, after you've graduated. When you have that figured out, find a school that is going to be the best fit, but don't be afraid to challenge yourself, providing for learning opportunities. You'll want a school that can not only teach you how to do something, but also help to reinforce the knowledge that you've learned already. Take into consideration the surrounding city where your school is located. Will that area help you in terms of networking and learning? Will it be fun and educational? That, to me, is the biggest part of picking the right school. How can I better myself by going there?

University of Bridgeport administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.