Biddeford, ME
University of New England

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of New England

Crosby

The best part about the school is the vicinity to the beach. It is right on the ocean, and the surrounding area is a summer beach house town. The town of Biddeford is very sketchy, and nothing happens there. I would change the food, I don't think there is one person that brags about the dining hall. There isn't anything that says college town about Biddeford, its an old rundown mill town. There is no school spirit, here and the sports are very sub par. I spend a majority of my time at the beach, and in the lounge.

Most of my professors know my name except for my Chemistry lecture, where I am 7167. I love Mar 105, Marine biology, with David Guay. I least like Chemisty, where the professor could care less about any one student. The classes where teachers know your name, class participation is common. Students aren't very competitive, but there is some, but mostly jokingly about how they fail a quiz. The education is about getting a job, but also learning. I'm a marine Biology major. It is a very well run department, and the labs are very new and up to date.

I would say this school is for people who know exactly, what they want to major in during college. If you are not interested in Biological, and Heath science I would look else where. The students here study a fair, amount. Weekends here on campus are very dead. The students either leave or head off campus to house near by.

Natalie

University of New England is a school where people who are highly motivated are given the tools to succeed in their respective field, while enjoying the benefits of a beautiful campus and a close knit community.

University of New England offers oppurtunities to students that are very unique. The Marine Science Center trains volunteers to work with seals and sea turtles that are being rehibilitated. The same building also has research assistant positions with professors if you are driven enough to seek them out. If I had gone to the other schools I applied to, I would not be able to help rehabilitate seals and sea turtles as well as hold a position researching sharks, skates, and rays.

Laura

High school is more oppressive than college. Don't be afraid to pursue your intrerests, to get involved, and to stretch yourself beyond all possible limits. College gives you the wings to fly, it really helps if you've been practicing before hand. Every trip, every service, every volenteer hour counts. Don't be afraid of the new people you'll meet. It's fine to be nervous, but there are many new and inovative ideas to be shared, and you won't discover them if you don't start talking to people. Home will always have the best food, but you'll be suprised how easy it is to adjust to the college campus. Don't try to avoid the whole experience. Jump in! Most importantly, books always look thinner online. Save yourself a trip to the doctor and buy a backpack with wheels.

Melissa

University of New England is a fantastic ocean-front school.

University of New England is a fantastic ocean-front school.

University of New England takes a personal interest in all of their students. Teachers, faculty and staff all take the time to get to know you personally. Everyone is on a first name basis with each other.

If I were to go back in time and talk to myself as a high school teenager, I would tell myself to go into collge and be myself. The advice I would give myself, is to do your best to make new friends, these people are going to be your friends for life. Doing well in class is the most important part of school, it shapes the rest of your life. College will be the greatest years of your life, do everything you can to make the most out of it.

Trisha

The University of New England has a lot of promise, has beautiful scenery, and offers its students a wide range of opportunities for studying, interships, volunteer work, and eventually job options and graduate school.

This school is best known for its programs in occupational therapy and marine biology. It is also known for its health science programs.

High school was not the high-point of my life. I had a lot of misconceptions about who I was, what I wanted, and what life was about. Going to college opened up a new world, and if I could talk to myself as a high school senior, I would remind myself that high school is not a defining time of life. When I began my college search as a senior, I wanted to study English and become a teacher. My plan changed when I decided I disliked my English class so much that I couldn't stand to study English anymore. If I could go back and talk to myself, I would remind myself not to judge every book by those few covers--that college would be an experience separate from high school. The love of English would still run in my veins. As a senior, I was stuck in a world where I believed that I would always be the loner I was then. The University of New England attracts many students, some of whom are similar in interests and hobbies to myself moreso than my high school peers. In colege, I made friends and became much happier.

Melanie

My school is best known for its rigorous science based majors. It's a great place for students interested in the medical fields, marine biology, and research related careers. We are also well known for the community feel around campus and the relationship between students and faculty.

I am originally from Buffalo, NY so going to school in Maine was definitely a big change and it took some adjusting. That being said, it was also one of the best decisions I've ever made. Moving away from home and living on my own has taught me so much about responsibility, being independent, and myself. I started and am continuing to figure out where my place is in the world, what I want to do, and who I want to be. I've also learned how to manage my time, be a leader, and take charge of my own life. College is about education and learning primarily, and that aspect has also been very valuable to me. Unlike high school, you can choose what you want to study and what classes you want to take. Taking classes that actually interest me has really helped nuture my love for learning. I find that I want to learn more, especially in my field. Overall between my learning experiences and my experiences on campus, college has helped me figure myself out. They say college is one of the best times of your life, and I'm experiencing that right now.

I brag about the fact that I Iive just a short walk to the beach and I can hang out there in the sun with my friends when the weather's nice. I also brag that we have a marine animal rehabilitation center and I get to work with seals and turtles.

The University of New England is costly, but you get the best education, and the staff and professors are extremely helpful.

I am only done my first semester here at the University of New England, but I think that being here as made my transition to college a lot easier. The classes here test your acedemic ability, and has prepared me for what my college career will be like in the future.

A person shouldn't attend this school if they dont like the small campus atmosphere.

Tiffany

My college experience is one that I will never forget; I have formed a stronger bond with my best friend, who attends another school, and my family. I have made new friends and learned that these are people who I hope will be in my life for a long time. All of the people in my life challenge me and now I truly understand why they push me to do better and be better. I would look at things in a black and white world and discovered that so many things are grey and different shades of grey. How one looks at a topic does not make them wrong just different opinion. College is making me a woman who will be a productive member of society, help others and grow every day.

The cost and Fa department. One person in that department knows what she is doing and all the others should go back to school to learn people skills and knowledge about what they are doing.

I beleive that everyone one has the right to attend a secondary educational program. The problem lies with find the right scholl for the right person. Telling someone that they do not have the right to an education is telling someone to sit home and do nothing. Everyone can learn it just depends on how they are taught.

kelsey

My school is unique compared to other because it is geared toward just medical professions. The students who attend the University of New England are from different ethnic groups, races etc. There is a diverse population there.

So far in my first year of college I have learned the basics in the field of dental hygiene and it has shown me that this carrer is perfect for me. I love the challeneges they set for us as students because it shows us that nothing is easy in life and that you have to work hard for what you want.

The person who should attend this school is someone who is not afraid of hard work. All the programs require students to give their all and to never give up. this school is not cheap, when someone wants to attend this school you need to do the work so the money is worth it in the end.

Andrea

The greatest thing I will take away from my college experience is the people I have met. When people say you meet life-long friends during college, they are right. I love attending a relatively small University because walking around campus you know so many people on a personal level, rather than seeing a bunch of people you do not know. The people that attend UNE are genuienly focused on better their lives through their education. The proffessors are very involved with all the students, doing what they can to help. Overall, the University of New England is a great college and a perfect fit for me. There are so many things I will take away from this university that has bettered me as person in many ways.

The kind of person who should attend this school is someone who loves to be near the ocean, since the campus is located right on the ocean. Also they should want to attend a small school with smaller class sizes. If you are the type of person who likes to live in a busy city in a large school, UNE is not for you. However, if you enjoy knowing your teachers personally and enjoy a small campus, UNE is for you.

University of New England administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.