Biddeford, ME
University of New England

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of New England

Ryan

The UNE community is like one big family, and there are many people around to help you get through classes, or any issues you are facing.

If I could meet my past self, the first thing I would do would be to reassure myself that everything happens for a reason, and regardless of what school I go to, I will succeed in my studies and find a niche for myself. Classes and GPA isn't everything, and life isn't based on a scale of one to four. You must remember that life is a journey, and you never know what curves you will face. While I was once most concerned with classes, I now know that you can only learn so much from a teacher and a text book. You get out what you put in, and the only thing you can put in is your very best. In the end, just do what makes you happy, and you will get the best college experience you can hope for, while still succeeding in life.

The best thing about UNE is the availability for student involvement. From the student government, to orientation, to the dozens of clubs, there is something for everyone. This helps students build connections and learn from each other, in addition to what they learn in class.

Kelsey

UNE is the perfect place to get involved, to learn about what interests you most and to realize that any goal is possible as long as there is a well thought out plan behind it.

The most important advice I would give myself would be to be myself. Resident advisors at college always warn about the "honeymoon" act students put on when first arriving at school. Roommates don't disagree about anything and issues are swept under the rug in an attempt to insure your roommate will like you. This only sets up for disaster a couple of weeks later, when all the pent up emotions can no longer be held back. I experienced this first hand when my roommate became upset and threw my things across the room because I had failed to pick up after myself again. For the first month of school my roommate didn't mention her annoyance with my lack of order because she didn't want me to dislike her. However, the whole situtation could have been avioded if she simply asked me to be neater sooner. Being myself would also help with making new friends. Being reserved and quiet in the corner will not allow people to see who you are as a person. Putting yourself out there and opening up to new people will allow you to make new friends and enjoy college even more.

Someone who is outgoing, who loves the outdoors and who is willing to work hard should attend the University of New England. UNE offers great science program that provides any student planning to work in the field of medicine the tools he or she needs to continue on to graduate school. Every student attending UNE is, in one way or another, involved with campus activities. On the weekends there are kayaking and hiking trips , as well as, sporting events the majority of the school attends. Campus community is highly promoted at UNE making it easy for anyone to get invloved.

Brittney

Being a very good college to go to. Highly recognized by Maine residents. Having the downtown close by and there are a ot of things to do.

Our school doesn't have a lot of campuses and the teachers care about the students and grow with you and want you to succeed. There aren't too many people who are on the campus so it gives you a sense of community and closeness to your peers.

Fill out your financial aid materials on time by your state's deadline. Make sure to get really good grades in high school and study, even if you don't have to. TRy to be more friendly and keep God on your side.

Meredith

Great education and socially fun at the same time.

Great education and socially fun at the same time.

The one piece of advise I would give myself would be to make acidemics as competitve as sports are to me. It took me a year and a half to figure out that mindset, and it really worked. I could only imagine how much more I could have learned during the last two and a half years if only I had been as sucesseful as in the early years of school as I was in the years leading to graduation.

One who does not like a chalenge.

Courtney

Start looking earlier and go to more schools to find exactly what you want. Pick the aspects of the school (how many students, location, size of the school, classes, etc) that you want as well as the schools that fit your major. Take more classes that broaden your horizon to new possible majors and don't expect teachers to always be there to help you.

What the level of interaction the professors have with their students. I wish I had known that I would be expected to work mostly independently and that some professors are hard to get ahold of. Also I wish I had known how small the business department was.

Students who are interested in Marine Biology or Medical Biology. This is a very science orientated school and the services provided for the field are very good. Most of the buildings are dedicated to science. Occupational and Physical therapies are also very big here.

Lindsay

Focused on their major and academics. This school is mostly only good for biology, pre-med and physical and occupational therapy students, sports aren't great here.

Kristina

Tend to be very nice but some are snobby.

Tend to be very nice but some are snobby.

The advice i would give myself would be on an emotional level and well as an academic. On the emotional level, i would tell myself to bring more comforting items from home so i would not be as homesick. On the Academic level, i would tell myself to prepare for the amount of work. It is much more then highschool. It is also more demanding and time consuming.

The kind of person who should attend this school is someone who des not like to go out and party and drink every night.

Danielle

Look at as many colleges as possible. If you think you found your top choice, go look at it again and talk to people before you make your final choice.

It is a small school where you meet everyone. It is easy to make friends because there are a ton of activities for all types on campus. Since it is a small school, the class sizes are small so there is one on one time with your teacher and you get to know them and wont be afraid to ask for help.

Luis

Intelligent individuals that are capable of having their own process

Intelligent individuals that are capable of having their own process

Their science based curriculums and their science facilities

That no matter what go for the cheaper school because the education is really basically the same almost no where you go, it is just what you make of it, unless of course you can afford that top notch school or get enough financial aid that you will not be in the slump after.

University of New England administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.