Lone Tree, CO
University of Phoenix-Colorado Campus

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Phoenix-Colorado Campus

Mary

For people that need extra help in finding the time to go to school I think this is the best school for them and love how they are always willing to work with you to make your educational experience a better one.

not being able to speak to my student advisor face to face

I tell them about the teachers and how they have jobs in fields that relate to the school so I feel like I am getting hands on from someone who has been their.

people who are to busy with their everyday lives to attend college or better their education.

I have a student advisor and financial advisor that are both in Arizona, we talk over the phone I just can not see them or go to there office if I needed to. yes I can go to my campus and ask question to the people that work there, I just think it would be nice to see my advisor face to face.

vanessa

I would advise myself to focus, study harder and get better grades. I would tell myself to take my life more serious and focus on math and mastering the skill. Being a high school senior, I didn't plan for my future realistically. Having a plan of action would've helped to save time and money going through college and striving for my dreams. If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would encourage myself to wait to have children and get my education first.

Scott

UoP allowed for a classroom experience at night, and as a working professional, I needed that education availability. I enjoy the classroom learning environment, and I always have. Looking at other school programs, UoP was one of only a few that truely allowed for me to continue to work full time, and attend class at a full-time student level. I enjoy learning, and I enjoy learning with other people.

If I could go back in time to my time as a high school senior, I would really encourage my younger self not to waste ANY time in college. I would encourage myself to focus on my studies, as well as my sport. I was a full-time student athlete in college, and I think I missed the opportunity to get the most out of my educational situation. I would remind myself that my time in college is short, and that there will come a time when I would WANT those times back. That learning experience and opportunity back. If I could go back, I would encourage myself that spending four years at school, and earning my Bachelor's degree when I am in the 20's will be much easier than doing it in my 30's and trying to earn my Masters in my 40's. I would tell myself to take ADVANTAGE of the time now, or else I will need to spend it later. Use your time NOW, while you have the energy, drive, and the desire!

The lack of places to get together with other students. UoP is a team-centric University, and I was enrolled as an on-campus student. There were many times I wished we had a palce to meet before or after class to really work as a team,a nd the facilities there were not really condusive to that type of work. There was a computer lab, but nothing that allowed for a true team working environment.

Alexis

My school is unique because it gives its students the opportunity to interact and succeed with individuals from a plethora of ethnic backgrounds, age ranges, socioeconomic statuses, religous backgrounds, etc. It does not have the "traditional" college feel where most of the students are similar in the above mentioned criteria. I learn with AND from people who have different life experiences than I do, and this type of expererience does not ave a price tag.

Individuals who do not possess drive should not attend this school! My school gives individuals who work full-time, such as myself, the opportunity to achieve their academic goals, without having to compromise other important aspects of their lives, such as family, friends, or work.

Michelle

The University of Phoenix has a well diverse team that is put together for each individual student to help assist them in continuing their education. An Advisor stays in touch with you weekly. The dynamic of the learning teams set up in classrooms pair each student within groups to foster relationships and working teams.

I would befriend and mentor myslef stating how critical going to college after highschool would be.The changes in the economy and changes in employment without a degree is critical to succeding. I would state that the knowledge base is fresh in my mind and my youth would be best spent on earning a degree in order to set myself up as a independant woman. To be strong, give the best example to my children and be able to provide for them.

The best thing I have found with the University of Phoenix is the support system put in place. This is a unique school unlike any other. The learning teams that are put together for each student is a guide to success. The support, the encouragement and the understanding from the learning team assist each individual onto a successful career path.

Amber

When thinking about talking to myself as a high school senior there are a lot of things that I would say and talk to myself about. First and foremost I would tell myself that college is very important and it is better to go at a younger age. I would explain that after children come along that they take most of your time and that it is very difficult to go to college and have a family. I would also tell myself that it is very important to have fun at a younger age. Go to college, do not grow up too fast, do not start a family so young, and live your life.

Amy

As a high school senior, take the summer to get organized. Get a job or internship in a field that you are interested in. Doing that will help you decide before entering college with either an undeclared major or picking a major that you are unsure about. Talk to as many people as possible in that field to gather important information, such as income, logistics, etc. Look for a college that fits all your needs. You want to be happy in college and not miserable. Make sure that you have been saving money and not spending it on useless junk. Listen to your gut instincts - not peers advice! Apply for every legitiment scholarship you can, because free money is free!

Lindsey

I would tell myself that I need to focus more on school and what I would like to do with the rest of my life. I would also give myself some heads up on what types of things I would experience trying to get into school. Letting myself know what I would end up doing and where I would end up going might help; however, knowing myself I would follow the same path I did and make it to where I am now.

The worst thing about my school is that it is so far away! The campus is 30 minutes from my house, but the drive is well worth it!

A person who is looking into a degree they do not offer or a person who is interested in the party life of a young college student.

I would tell myself to never stop believing. Life is funny- you never what each day will bring, and its so important to realize how strong, capable, independent, and intelligent you are. Never let others who may be envious of your success drag you into their negativity- if the grass seems greener on someone else's side of the lawn, maybe they should attend to their own lawn instead of focusing on what they do not have. I would remind myself of who I am, where I came from, and what I believe in. Always do your best, and understand that sometimes everyone needs to take a moment and simply breathe; it is not failure to step back and re-group. Most of all, I would tell myself that I can, and will- succeed, as long as I put my best effort into everything I set out to accomplish.

UoPx is very convenient for working adults. The five-week class structure, while intense at times, is ideal.

The worst thing about UoPx is its financial aid department. I have a new advisor who is really great, but by and large no one in that department seems to know what's going on with students' finances.

University of Phoenix-Colorado Campus administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.