Metairie, LA
University of Phoenix-Louisiana Campus

1 Rating

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Phoenix-Louisiana Campus

University of Phoenix offers an opportunity for working adults to attend college full time and still hold their job. Teachers are employed in the real world and teach from experience of their own field. Students are able to understand how lessons in class relate to the real world. The classes are expensive so students who are there, want to be there. Classrooms are small, usually anywhere from 8 to 25 students. The learning groups offer students a way to open up and interact with others as well as ensight on how to work on a team, essential for real life.

My best friend is a general manager of a radio station, driving a nice car and living in a nice house. We are both spanish, single moms and at one time, we were room mates, working the same job. I looked at my situation one day and asked her, "how did you get to where you are now?" Her response, "You have to finish college, without the college education, I am no different than all of the other sales associates at my company. With the degree, I have an advantage for promotions and an understanding of what goes on within the company that others have not a clue". So as I began taking classes, I realized how right she was. Attending the University of Phoenix is not only putting a piece of paper in my hand, it's filling my mind with knowledge, power, and drive. I used to sit at a computer and wait for the clock to hit 5 so I could leave "work". Today, I am putting 105% into everything I do at my job, it is no longer "work", it is a CAREER. The value is in my mindset, my future is finally looking bright.

The worst thing about the University of Phoneix is the acceleration of the classes. Classes in the undergraduate program are 5 weeks long. Students are required to read hundreds of pages, and complete one, sometimes two papers that are average 1500 words long per week. The assignments are due before lecture so most of the work is done on their own. The problem with this is that some students have a hard time comprehending the readings and some find it hard to fit all of this in during the week with work and family. Sometimes, lessons are not fully comprehended.

Tabitha

If I could go back and talk to myself I would tell myself to stop and listen. Everything will come in time and your only given one mother in life. True love comes at a price, and education is everything.

The one thing that i consider is the worst is that you can only take one class at a time.

A person who wants an education but has other things holding them back like, time, money, family, job and so on.

University of Phoenix-Louisiana Campus administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.