Saint Louis Park, MN
University of Phoenix-Minnesota

1 Rating

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Phoenix-Minnesota

Rahsaan

If I could go back to myself as a high school senior, I would stress the importance of absorbing as much information as possible, learning time management, and defining my goals. I wasted many years after high school deciding on what I wanted to do with my life. I would also tell myself to use the academic counselors at the school and go to some local colleges to tour the campus and different departments. The interactions with a college campus and conselors would have helped me make the transition to college musch faster and much easier. Finally, I would teach myself about improving writing and communication skills. There is a difference between talking to your friends and writing papers. It took a few classes for me to realize the difference and the importance. Overall, I would tell myself to stay motivated, define my goals, learn as much as possible in class, and visit college campuses to make the transition immediately.

I wish I'd known the amount of time management needed to be successful and self-reliance since teachers do not remind students of due dates and requirements. Time management is necessary for a working student to balance home, work, and school. Assignment due dates and requirements are defined in the syllabus but the student is responsible for meeting the critera of content and delivery dates. Self-reliance is being accountable for the work and remembering to follow directions closely because each class and teacher is different.

A self-motivated person determined to complete their degree should attend this school. With courses online and in person, there is a lot of flexibility as far as scheudling. Someone that is good with planning ahead and time management would be very successful. Someone who is bad with time management, writing, and self-motivation should not attend this school. Someone that is unsure of their goals shouldn't attend.

Gloria

I would have to say to myself that after I graduated from high school I should have started collage and gotten the career that I wanted to become so that I wont not be stuggling today trying to get an education and trying to make that dollar streach farther then it does, I would have not made the path that I have chosen and would have been the best at what ever I became. Now I tell my children this advise and I hope that they can see how hard it is at my age to get any where and still stuggling to make ends meat.

That some day I am going to graduate and get that good job making more money and living better so that I can change the cycle of my ansestors and not be poor any more. I do like the school that I am going to, the challenge is what keeps me going, but I am 43 years old and I have other things that need to get done and I dont have anyone to help me, finantually and everyhting else that comes with life.

When there is a crisis in my life that I need to take care of i can not stop class nor make up the work I am going to school on-line and they want you to finish classes on time and if you can not raise your grade from being out because of the crisis then you get bad grades and some times you even have to retake that class again, but they still get their funding and get paid I leave with a W or and F and the pain of the crisis I had to go through.

University of Phoenix-Minnesota administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.