Rio Grande, OH
University of Rio Grande

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Rio Grande

Jeancer

University of Rio Grande may be a diverse society. However, with its diversity, people in campus will have a wider opportunity to learn and appreciate more things more than the things that they have already known since the beginning. There would be a lot of people that seems to be hard to socialize with. But in reality those people might be actually someone who could be your friends for the whole course of you guys being together in the same campus.

Brandon

The university overall is a great for the degree and profession that I'm studying to be, the transport to get here is great overall, so a 4.5 out of 5 to the university, and its accommodates that it bring to those that need it, as well as the acceptance rate and graduation rate are good.

Kayelyn

Honestly, I'm not found of the professors that I have had. There are a lot of professors there that do not find it important that us students are trying to learn so we can get into our programs. A lot of professors do not even teach. Sometimes, we just have to learn from the book ourselves. I also do not like that I get points taken away if I miss a class because there are times that I may need the extra time do finish school work that I have not finished before.

Elisha

It’s a place that is more than welcoming, very accommodating and accessible to those with a disability and really gets involved for helping their students find a career in their major . The housing is perfect and they provide so many fun things for students to interact and enjoy outside of class.

Ruby

Perhaps not everybody can be positive because they might not know what makes them feel right about themselves , but changing your personality develops good habits for the future . I introduce myself as “Ruby Anne Guerra,” and I am currently a senior at Palmview High School. I was born in Mcallen,TX, and I am the oldest out of three siblings. The environment in which I live in is social and absolute. I come from a very united family and my parents are my motivators in pursuing my career. With their faith, they believe I can achieve anything I want to accomplish everything and anything to make them proud. My home is my gracious space, I live with my grandparents , parents , and siblings. My family and I been living with my grandparents for the past 17 years. We only have 2 rooms and one restroom for everybody. I sleep on a couch since there is not enough space for every individual in my house to have their own privacy.It all started one day when, I wanted my own privacy and wanted to invite my friends, but I knew it wasn’t possible because I didn’t have my own room and it felt so uncomfortable and sorrowful. However, I always reserve in mind what my family tells me, “ Follow your dreams and no matter how many obstacles you need to trespass, remember the harsh times you go through every day and it is going to give you strength to triumph in time ahead.” I am already used to having difficulties and don’t hesitate,because I feel secure and attached to my home as well as my neighborhood. I have caring and loving neighbors,andhave witnessed their kindness from the day I got very ill and needed surgery. My neighbors are so attentive and kept assuring me,with everything would come out perfectly fine.” They are also very Catholic, and whenever someone is going through difficult moments they tend to do rosaries to retain them from the “bad”. Not all neighbors are kind and respectful,and I can be sure to say my neighbors are unique. However , the street I live in is the safest neighborhood to live in because in case of an emergency they’re always there to help each other out and reunite whenever there are difficulties occurring. Although, all these obstacles has shaped me in variety ways and it has made me to a better person In conclusion, in the past I would easily give up on educational objectives and not care what my family and neighbors would advise me about the correct way to succeed in life. I would always think negative and just think about me and not my surroundings. Basically , I would just get home from school and not communicate with anyone. My parents and neighbors guided me to the right path, but I would tend not to pay attention and reject what they would say. I now regret how I would act towards them and I have promised them at one time , day after day , I would correct the mistakes I did the previous day. I now stimulate myself to never give up, assist people, and keep studying for a better future. I do whatever is possible to have an education and especially have a shelter with sufficient space and for each of my family members to perceive in a pleasant way and not live like the previous. As the years passed by, I start comprehending how grateful I am for having my parents and neighbors and made me change my character. Without my parents and neighbors, I wouldn’t attain my education and persona to keep living my life in the precise way. I am astonished to become a new being and cherish every memory forever to accomplish my dreams.

Juan

UTRGV is an amazing school perfect for a smooth and easy transition from a high school setting. People may see it as a small school a place where those unable to leave stay. But it is so much more amazing than that. The community and people are extremely friendly. The education is challenging yet easy if you apply yourself correctly. There are always activities and events that are happening. It is more than a school you make friends that will last a life time. I recommend this as a school people should consider more

Shameca

I have had an overall bittersweet time at my college. I met some amazing people at school that I plan to keep around in the future.

I believe the student athletes are a very popular group at my college. People enjoy watching sports on our campus because that is really all we have to look forward to, seeing that it is such a small college.

In my opinion my college is very small. The benefit of having a small school is that the amount of students in a classroom is very reasonable. I know I can get to know my professor on a personal level and receive the help I need when ever I need it. This makes it easier for students to perform well academically.

Antonio

I would tell my self to apply for as many scholarships as you can because your really going to need them in the long run to go to any college that you have your mind set on going . Don't waste time trying to please everyone or wait until the very last minute to do anything , trust you'll only be hurting yourself. Get your degree in whatever you are choosing to do because you are worth your own education the time , sweat & tears are all going to pay off in the long run when you have those degrees & the outstanding job that you so derseve to blossom at. Do your best while your in school and never even think about giving up even when it may seem like your completey overwhemled with to many things at once everything will be ok Lovejoy juist breath take your time and live your life ...remember you are strong , smart, and very very bright and you have a bright future ahead of you . You just have to make a few great strides along the way . Never stop believing in yourself , Never doubt yourself and always always always love yourself before any one else.

The recreation and other student activities could be better.The scenery around Rio is beautiful. Tycoon Lake offers outdoor recreation,Once a semester a club in Point Pleasant, WV allows Rio students to come and acts as a night club. Other than that, the closest night clubs are in Athens,Many chain restaurants in Rio Grande proper but there are a few mom and pop places. Zack and Scotty's is a popular choice among many students, Living on Rio's campus was one of the best decisions I made. I met a lot more people this way. Loved it

It depends which field you are going into i had trouble with scheduling some classes.Had to have certain classes, grade point average, at least 21 on ACT, then you can apply to the school of Education. There is the rio run around where you have to go to more than one person to get a question answered and you have to stay on top of stuff you want done. It really depends on the day, time of day, and what they are serving. I've had great experiences and bad, but never a absolutely horrible day. To high Priced

Hope

At first I would tell myself to not be nervous about college. I would also tell myself that you will make alot of friends and that you will do great academically. I would say that college is a lot different than highschool. I would tell myself that you will like college a lot better because you will be more independent and will have more freedom. I would lastly say that Rio Grande is an awesome college and that you will enjoy the experience.

What I consider the worst is the price of college in general. I feel that college can get very expensive and I honestly do not have that type of money to "pull out of my pocket". I fear that I will have a bunch of loans to pay off by the time I graduate.

What I brag about is that the University of Rio Grande works really well with my schedule. The reason I say that is because I commute and I do not have to stay all day at the campus. Also, the teachers are really friendly and there is not a lot of students in the class. The reason I like that is so that you get to know every one in the class.

sandra

If I could go back in time and give advice to myself as a senior, in true high school fashion I would write myself a note and it would read as follows: Sandra, You don’t know me, well not yet anyway, but I know you. Right now you don’t know yourself very well either. You’re one of those people who goes through phases, searching for your identity. What you do know about yourself is that you’re smart, you’ve maintained a high GPA and even started college early. You’re strong, being the oldest of ten in a single parent household has given you a great responsibility. You’re very fortunate, but your fortune can only be utilized if you expand your dreams. Stop telling yourself that certain things are out of reach. Know your potential and don’t be lazy enough to settle for anything less. Don’t worry about having everything figured out today, it all comes with time. Lastly just enjoy the next few years and be open to change, even if you are afraid. Trust me it all works out in the end. Love yourself. Love, you.

University of Rio Grande administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.