Urbana, OH
Urbana University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Urbana University

I would tell myself not to room with my best friend because we got along great, but she liked to eat my food and use my things without permission; we hit a rocky patch in our friendship because of that, but we are fine now. Also, I would tell myself to look for scholarships earlier because it turns out that there were scholarship essay competitions on campus for my entering class and I had no idea; that was money that I could have used!

I LOVE the small size of this university! The fact that I am a person instead of a nimber like I would be at a school like Ohio State really makes me feel comfortable and welcome here. Plus, I can participate in band without having it as a major, so there's more scholarship money for me!

People who want to party every night shouldnt come here. Yes, there are parties, like every other college campus, but here, they're only like once a week. Also, if you like bright lights and the big city, you would probably go crazy here! It is a small university in a somewhat rural area, so there aren't big malls to go to when you're bored... there's a Wal-Mart.

Joshua

Urbana University is fun, exciting, carreer oriented, and helpful.

Urbana University is fun, exciting, carreer oriented, and helpful.

When looking for a college, it is important to find the school that will fit the student the most. Of course, that includes things like athletics, educational content, and financial aid. Every student is different and not every school will work for one student. So it is important to apply to as many schools as possible. Once a student is attending his or her desired institute, he or she should get involved with activities that interest him or her. It is also very important to find friends. Friends should be from all types and standings. One should not limit one's self to a certain ethnic, cultural, or social group. It is also very important for students to get to know the faculty and staff on campus. Being well-known is a huge benefit. Students should also remember that family should still be involved in order to gain a more enjoyable college experience. Also, parents should remember that college is a time for students to make choices on their own and a time for students to start building their independent lives. One of the most important things to keep in mind when looking for and attending college is, have fun!

There is so much work to keep up with in the classes and the teachers expect a great deal of focus.

I would tell parents and/or students about finding the right college to make a list of everything you want out of a college, like location, size, major, campus activities and do not settle for a college unless it has everything that you are looking for in a college. I would tell the student to make the most of their college expierence they should room with someone they do not know, so they can become more open-minded and meet more people. I would also tell them to never make up an excuse not to hang out with new people; college is an expierence and no one can get that by sitting their room.

Terri

I think that finding the right college is essential in obtaining your career goals. I think that campus size and class room size will impact your learning. Researching your field of study and making sure that the time and effort you are investing in will pay off. There is nothing like completing somthing and then finding that it does not benefit your career choice. I think that you need to meet with your counselor on a regular basis to make sure that you are on track and can handle your class load. The college experience is what you make of it. You have to embrace it and want to learn. If you have ambition and drive you can succed at your dreams.

I wish that I would not have waited so long from graduating from a two year institution before signing up. I was so impressed with how my counselor and admissions reviewed my transcript and most of my credits did transfer. I was amazed at how easy it was to enroll and start taking classes. The class size was small and my overall experience was great.

The most challenging thing I experienced each semester was the lack of consistancy with technology at the remote locations for classes. Some remote sites supported wireless network connections and others did not. Most times the internet was not needed for class work but it would come in handy from time to time when you needed to research something or if you were expecting email from classmates for group project. Overall I think in time this issue will be addressed and older site locations will catch up with technology.

Benjamin

Urbana University will make you feel like you are at home with it's friendly environment and welcoming staff.

I would like to tell parents to let your children ultimitely decide where they want to go to college. It is the biggest decision of their life and they need to figure out for themselves where they feel their future is more secure. Make sure that they are making the right decision, but let them be the decider and you be the guide. Make sure your child is getting involved in on-campus activities and that they are getting out doing something instead of just going to class. Students, make sure you choose the right school that best fits your personality and where you will be 110% focused on your academic studies. This is your whole life and make good friends to make sure you stay on track. Get involved to familiarize yourself with the campus and faculty. It will be the best decision you will make at your college.

It is easy to get lost in the college scene during the weekends. I suggest that if you are in incoming freshman focus on your academics and not the party scene. You will thank yourself in the end, and most definetily like the outcome better.

Jessie

The advice I would give parents about finding the right college for their student is really simple. I would tell them three things. The first is to let your child decide where he or she wants to attend school. Don't force a school on them. The second is to try go to all the schools your child wants to attend. The third is to support your child no matter what. It is so much easier for a student to feel confident in their decisions if their parents support them. The advice I would give to students is very much like the advice I would give to the parents. I would tell them three things. The first thing I would tell them is to explore all of their options. It is easy to make the correct decision if all of the options are explored. The second thing I would tell them is to always feel like they are good enough. How will the person know if they never try. The last thing I would say is to learn as much as they can and live each day as if they would never get a chance to learn again.

The best thing about my school is the relationship between students and faculty. They really care about the students and helping them achieve their best. If the teacher can not help you then they find someone who can.

The most frustrating thing about my school is the food choices. I commute so there aren't a lot of eating options for me on campus and all of the ones on campus are kind of expensive. Most of the things are fried so it is really hard to eat healthy.

Haley

Urbana is a small and friendly university, but lacks in technology and course selections.

Visit a lot of schools and get a wide variety of colleges, go where you feel safe and comfortable. Also, you can help you out the most finicially and benefit you the most for your future. Just follow your heart an go where you think you belong.

I believe the food they provide for the students, leisure activities, money available for students, class schedules, technology and houseing for the students.

Urbana University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.