Weber State University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Weber State University

Denilson

Weber state university is a good school and it focuses on a lot about the safety of the students and gives many opportunities for students to be involved in. The academics are decent there are many teachers who dont teach well and dont care if you pass or not. They do not help in asking students if they need help or have questions for anytihing.

Shri

Weber State is a great starter school and is known as a family college. Lots of locals here, but also plenty international as well. Professors and staff and AMAZING and advisors are super helpful, as are peer mentors. Everyone wants you to succeed and everyone is always willing to provide you the information and support you need to achieve success. Student Body Officers and other committees are always looking for ways to improve things for students and help them enjoy their college experience. Most everyone is very respectful and helpful with anything you need, including where to find things--maps are also very accessible especially by Tracy Hall or online--and everyone is super accepting and welcoming no matter where you are at in life. If you respect us, we will respect you and help you achieve the success you're going for. One great thing about WSU is you never go hungry is you keep up with events such as Free Cake Tuesday (at the LDS Institute), under $5 lunches--usually $2 or Free-- (also LDS Institute), conferences (usually Sheperd Union),, socials (all over campus), free breakfasts Fridays (LDS Institute), and great stores like Smiths nearby! Study groups are often encouraged and many times they will already be set up by the instructor themselves. All instructors keep regular office hours as can be found in their syllabus at the beginning of classes. No one is judgmental and many of us can relate and help you where you fail!

Kiley

I love the small class sizes and how accessible the professors are, and the professors actually care about your education! The campus is great besides the stairs and it's a safe environment. Sometimes the social life is lacking and there isn't a whole lot to do. The athletic programs are great as well.

Allee

Coming from Hawaii I feel like Weber State University is an overall good school. There is so much that is going on campus. The people are nice and the teachers are always helpful. Transitioning from Hawaii to the mainland was a bit hard but with all the people I met the transition was made easier.

Brett

Weber State is a great school for people who want great professors who care. It’s not the best school for extracurricular activities and since most people commute to school the social atmosphere isn’t the best. The parking is terrible. The overall the best part of Weber State is the academics.

Rebecca

Weber State University is excellent! This university has a desire to educate each student, not just in the classroom but also in the community. Each class is geared towards the application of the material within the community. The student body of Weber is extremely involved in the community, volunteering in all areas of need- foster care, aftercare programs, food banks, etc. The university and the community have a mutual respect for each other and rely on each other for excellence and hands-on experience for the students. Weber even has classes that require community involvement, allowing students to obtain personal interaction in their community and the opportunity to use what they learn in the classroom in optimal settings. Between the clubs, classes, programs, sports and outdoor activities, there's always something to do in the area. Weber State is located on the Wasatch Mountains and encourages outdoor experiences through their outdoor programs. There are recreational classes associated with the area including rock climbing, hiking, biking, fishing, skiing and snowboarding. WSU has a large variety of clubs and programs as well with the intention that each student to gets plugged into the student body. Weber is dedicated to the success and career achievement of each student. The professors want all students to excel and are available anytime via email, phone, or during office visiting hours. Through how the professors teach, it is obvious that they have a passion for each class's subject. Their passion is extremely contagious. The small classroom size is also a great feature of Weber's all-inclusive student body feel and provides the professors more ample time with students one-on-one. Weber State University is extremely safe. There has never been question of safety on the campus. There are police/ security officers that patrol the campus throughout the day. They are always available to escort you to your car, etc. if the need were to arise. The campus is well maintained and clean. Each student is respectful of the campus and great care is taken to keeping the buildings and grounds looking great. The image of Weber is one of beauty, nestled in the mountainside and hidden with beautiful landscape and trails. All students take pride in Weber's beauty and desire to maintain this aesthetic tone of the campus. Overall, Weber State University is an incredible school. The university is dedicated the education and wellbeing of every student. Each student has the opportunity to get plugged in through programs, sports, classes, and clubs. All professors are available to help, encouraging their students to love their curriculum both in and out of the classroom. Classroom size is smaller than most universities and allows professors to spend more individual time with students. The campus is clean, safe, and well maintained. Weber State University is a wonderful university that offers a diverse array of opportunity and experiences.

Eva

I love my school! The professors are there to make sure students understand what they should be learning. The class sizes are a perfect teacher to student ratio and gives the opportunity for the students to get one on one help. The only set back I see at the school is parking.

Justa

I believe that Weber State is a great school that is there to teach you more in depth about what you plan on doing. It is a very nice campus and the community of Ogden is very nice and there is lots to do around the town. I'm glad that I choose to go to school at Weber because it is a very nice and beautiful place to attend.

JonathanL

It is a very good school for families or people going back to school because it is set up as more of a commuter school not a huge students live on campus set up. Weber wouldn't be my first school if I wanted to go and make a ton of friends or want a big social life; Weber is convenient and low key but good academics.

Lindsey

I have really enjoyed attending this school. This is my third year of college and I love that I live pretty close to the main campus. It’s also very nice having satellite campuses close by as well especially if I need to take a test and it’s bad weather droopy to Ogden, I have the choice to go to either the West Center or the Davis Campus. I feel that the professors are available for tutoring if needed and they want you to succeed.

Kalani

I have been impresses with the care taken by the professors to make sure that each student has all the tools needed to succeed. The study resources on campus are also a huge plus on my experience at this university, it makes one feel like they don't just want your money, but they actually want you to succeed in your life endeavors.

Mariela

Love the outdoors, mountains and beautiful scenery? If so you’re meant to be a wildcat! Weber state University is located in Utah and has lots of programs, clubs, and sports available for students. They make it accessible for students who want to further their education by providing campuses in other cities. The main campus is located in Ogden but students can also find a Weber State campus in Layton, Morgan, Roy, Farmington, and Clearfield. Weber State has great professors who take action to helping students succeed. Teachers here understand that we are students who are learning and who have other things going on as well. Weber has a handful of resources that are available for students that are inexpensive or free. Some of those include counselors, doctors, stress relief centers, tutoring, and fitness centers. Weber State University is a safe place to learn and to be you. Go wildcats!

Ivyjean

It's really cool. I don't feel overwhelmed, it's a very welcoming place. I've visited there before I actually have started going, and it's really nice there. everything is organized and feels good. I can really tell that everyone there seriously cares about their education.

Kelsey

Weber State is an amazing school! This is my first year and I'm already in love with my school! There is a huge selection for majors, classes, clubs, and just about anything you can think of. I believe if you are looking for a higher education you should come here, 100%.

Taven

A very modern and dedicated university. Weber State encourages success and understands the wants and needs of their students. Weber State never fails to communicate any vital information to their students and their faculty is often flexible in a dire situation. Weber State has guided and supported me in pursuing my degree.

Katherine

I really like the school and how simple it is to navigate around the campus. The location is in a fantastic spot near downtown and right by the mountains. The professors understand their subjects and want the best for their students. The tuition is easy to pay and it is clear how much they expect from their students, and it is affordable. I really enjoy going to Weber State University.

Nacole

I think that Weber State University is a good school. I have enjoyed the classes that I have participated in I also think that most of the professors take a lot of time and work into what they are teaching. I also think that making sure the students feel safe and have that help if they need is super important and Weber State I think has both of those requirements.

I think Weber is a okay school. I do wish they offered more majors than what they do. Weber is a very affordable school. All the professors I have had have been awesome and very caring for the students. Weber does offer small campus in other cities which I personally love!

Sam

It’s a great place to go, the environment is great, I love it. The buildings are extremely nice and the students are super friendly. There is tons of fun stuff to do around the campus such as rock climbing, kayaking, and many recreational activities.

Weber State University is a unique school. One of my favorite attributes about it is their open enrollment status; anyone is who is a high school graduate or has a GED is welcome to attend. This gives opportunities for an education to those who may not believe they are "college material." They offer a quality education; they are not nationally ranked by any means, but they definitely offer valuable resources to their students, all while having reasonable tuition prices. Weber State isn't for everyone, but I got the sense that the faculty and administration cared about their students future more than just how much money the school was making.

Kaysia Neil

I enjoy the large variety of classes that Weber State has to offer and the location of the campus. The professors are amazing and really know their stuff. They respond to emails fairly quickly and encourage students to come to them with any questions. The overall environment is very welcoming and the layout is orderly. The students are friendly and helpful, it's not hard to make friends at all. The president runs the school very well and I am loving my overall experience at Weber State so far.

Weber is a good school for the price of tuition. There are just so little enjoyable clubs that it makes it hard to have a good time to go to campus. Weber is mainly a commuter school which makes the lack of activities boring for those who do live on campus.

Risa

I enjoyed Weber State University. Although there is not a lot going on for campus life, WSU is in an amazing location if you like the outdoors. WSU is next to amazing hiking trails, rock climbing, and water recreation areas. It even has a great Outdoor Program to get you suited to head outside.

Annie

I think Weber State is a great school because there are a lot of opportunities to connect with your professors and the school is tied in with the community so there are a lot of job opportunities after you graduate. Since the class sizes are smaller it makes it so that you can do group work and you can communicate with your professor. Your professors care a lot about you and they get to know you and your name. The professors at Weber State care a lot about their students and their success. Overall, this was a great school for the money and the experience.

Bricklie

Weber State is for everybody. It is as affordable as Universities get, but comes with so much to offer. The students are diverse and there are so many classes and opportunities available. All the campuses are nice and clean and useful. You can study anywhere and you can make friends all over the place. Weber State has amazing programs, professors, and students. I absolutely recommend Weber.

Tysen

Weber State is an amazing school that provides a lot of activities that might fit your needs. They have really good class sizes and student to teacher ratio. Their campus is so beautiful on the side of a mountain and overlooking Ogden. When enrolled into Weber State you receive a lot of benefits from the businesses around. Overall, Weber State is an amazing school and a joy to check out.

Morgan

It's a good schools. The class sizes are usually smaller than 25 students except the lectures ones. The food isn't great on campus and the parking sucks. But the teachers are engaging and willing to help with questions. There are tons of clubs and events all of the time. There is something every night.

Hailee

I think Weber State is a beautiful college campus. You always have a good view of the mountains no matter where you are. Weber State really takes care of it’s environment and has a good upkeep. You are always hearing about events going on and a variety of clubs and activities to get involved in. I feel like Weber State has so many resources to help you in school. They have a stress relief center, a gym, tutoring, quiet study areas, computers and even gaming areas for when you’re waiting for your next class to start. Indeed, it’s a wonderful place.

I am taking Concurrent Enrollment classes right now through Weber State University. I have lots of courses to choose from and lots of different opportunities. Even though I am not taking classes on campus, Weber State University allows me to be included in all of the activities that are done on campus. I am able to go to all of the sporting events if I would like to, and I can use Weber State University's resources, such as the library.

Chasity

Weber State has always been in my backyard and it is a beautiful school. The students all say good things about it. The commute is not bad at all and very easy to get around. They have plenty of activities for everyone to be involved in. The class sizes are a great learning environment.

Hartley

Weber State University is a clean campus, with very welcoming students. It is a very friendly environment, and there are always many clubs and organizations you can join. There are people from all over the U.S. that attend this school, even some from other countries. I am proud to be a student here and hope to earn my Associates and eventually my Bachelor's degree from Weber State University.

Maddi

I love being a wildcat!! The campus is very safe and very clean, the class sizes are perfect and all the professors I’ve had are very nice and willing to work with me!! The classes can be tough, but it pushes me harder than my usual!! I wouldn’t go anywhere else!

Igotit

Weber State is disgusting in my opinion. It is almost like visiting a brothel. Black, and white interracial have negative pedophila correlations, and many of the student body, and some of the personnel that work there practice, and teach interracial (I actually took a anthropology class where the professor taught interracial values). Weber State is mostly Mormon, and Mormons also practice interracial. Not to mention that Mormons think the Book of Mormon is more correct than the Bible, yet they claim both are the word of God, so how can the word of God be more correct than the word of God? Therefore there's a lot of arrogance there. Back to interracial. Interracial has classified, "Racial Fetishism" which has perversions stemming through the fetishes of objectifaction, roll playing, submission, and domination. Weber State like most other colleges practice, and tolerate interracial meaning the culture can be very Fetishisizing, and objectifying (that's why I compared it to a brothel). Interracial also stems through the Sexual Revolution. A negative about the interracial practices there is they try to deny many of the negative symptoms of Interracial. They minimize, and neglect them. The minimization, and neglect are forms of irresponsibility, but they also minimize the irresponsibility thus that creates more arrogant attitude. Weber State, along with almost every other college prides themselves on higher curriculum, but interracial has lower values than staying in your race does, but Weber State also neglects and minimizes that. Like many other schools Weber State don't want to seem like a racist institution, so they conform to society for financial, and reputation causes. But race, and color is also a challenging topic to address because of the controversy it can cause; still a college should be more prepared, and structured to address it in righteous ways, instead of conforming to Society Norm. It's not just Weber State, but colleges have a big impact on their surrounding cultures, and societies, and they should have more integrity, and dedication to higher standards, and values. When they fall to the pressure of society than what you learn culture wise is very vague, and even disgusting in my opinion. Interracial actually disgusts me very much, especially black, and white interracial; it's a natural emotion, and Weber State as a university should be considerate of that,l. females have a higher divorce rate out of marriage, and interracial suits them well. But the bad thing about it is most females, and college students, and professors will deceive you even through they are supposed to have a higher degree of education, and be more advanced. To me a lot of hypocrisy arises from the denial of the added perversions, and deviances of interracial, and that's what a large part of that culture at Weber State basically teaches through their actions

Kaeli

Weber is a great school . It is has a great balance between academics and support toward extracurricular activities.

Anna

Weber is a fun and affordable university! There are always people wanting to make friends and the professors are amazing teachers and great people! The staff are also very kind and helpful! My favorite office is the Registrar's office, there is always someone who can help you with anything there.

Matilda

Weber State University, is a overall pretty well established university . I have had many family members as well as many close friends attend the university. Although the campus is located in a area with a high drug and crime rate so for the students it isn't hard to get access to illicit drugs.

Maren

For a commuter school, I was blown away by how amazing my experience has been. They offered classes to freshmen to help them transition between life stages, they offer all sorts of free amenities through my tuition, and they are great at keeping students out of debt. I've been attending classes for 5 semesters, and I have only felt like two of my classes were a waste of time. I frequently use notes from previous classes to help me in other classes, or even in my personal relationships.

Weber State University is a clean, well funded school for those looking for a more non-traditional experience. Most students choose to live off campus or begin their college experience while still in high school- myself included. The school participates in all traditional college activities, but it doesn't dominate the culture. Rather, the population consists mostly of working, commuting young adults from varying walks of life. The demographics of the area contribute to the majority being LDS, which means there isn't much emphasis on partying or alcohol/drug use. The facilities at Weber State are updated, well taken care of, and accessible. The classes can be challenging and the programs are competitive, but for good reason. I would highly recommend it to someone looking to get a proficient education in a low stress environment.

Bethany

The campus of Weber State University is a clean and well organized campus. I was able to take a tour of the campus and see all that they are trying to do to better the environment and get students involved. They have been working hard to get students to participate in the community around them, and the changes they can make in their own lives to better their environment.

Jevonte

Weber State University is a wonderful place to study and recieve further education. My experience so far has been great and resourceful. Weber State University always seems to want to find ways to make life easier. They always encourage getting involved in extracirricular activites.

I love Weber state they were very inviting. Everyone was welcome. They had a ton of clubs and activities for everyone. There has never been drugs or alcohol on campus ever! I love it and I am super excited to go! I am super excited to meet new people as well! There is so many cool different people that go there that I am super excited to meet!

Calvin

I loved this school. Small class sizes, great professors, and a challenging curriculum. Highly Recommend!!! It is more of a commuter school, so while there is a campus life it is smaller than other nearby colleges. However, if you are here for an affordable education with great teachers, you can't beat Weber State University!

Mattie

I have loved being a student at Weber State University. I feel that the professors actually care about their students' success and the class sizes are small enough that the professors are able to really be there for their students. The University is set up in such a way to provide an atmosphere where the students can succeed and thrive.

Brooks

Weber State is a shining star that breathes life into the otherwise murky depths of Ogden, Utah. Don't let it's diminutive size fool you - this university packs a mighty wallop. Perhaps it's no Ivy League school, yes, and does the surrounding city detract from Weber's appeal? Probably. In spite of this, there is an aura of pride emanating from Weber's walls: pride in our academics, pride in our culture, and pride in our contribution to society. While not every class is great, all of my best and none of my worst classes have been here. I'm proud to attend Weber State.

Jordan

Weber State is really nice because it has multiple campuses to make your life more convenient. Weber also offers many online courses that creates education from home possible. Weber doesn't put a limit on where or when you can get an education. Their contact information is very helpful and will take the time to help you understand the necessary steps you need to take. Weber gives students many different major options that almost any student can go to Weber and receive the degree that they are seeking.

Kasey

You get more than you pay for when you attend Weber State University. The professors genuinely want you to do well, both in class and in life. The advisers are wonderful and very helpful. There are plenty of clubs to join, and while it's not a big sports school, there are many opportunities to cheer on our Wildcats. You'll be hard-pressed to find a better overall school in Utah for the money.

Brandon

Overall Weber State University is a affordable university that is located in a good location. It has adequate facilities, good professors, and a good support system of faculty. So far my experience at Weber State University has been overall good, I would recommend Weber to any Utah resident.

B

As a fresh graduate from high school in 2015, I found myself college hopping all over the state of Utah. I struggled through semesters, hurt at how little I enjoyed the program of which I loved, and anxiously tried to better engage myself in numerous clubs and opportunities surrounding the geologic community. With no success in finding joy at these other universities, I tried my luck and enrolled at Weber State University for Fall of 2017. With an open mind and eager desire to learn and love this program again, I began my first semester at Weber State University. I was not disappointed, in fact I was impressed. Weber State University’s Geology program was all I had ever hoped for and more, here I was, brand new to this school and I was already welcomed with countless opportunities to learn and to grow. The Professors were more than willing, and even excited, to help me succeed. The class sizes are perfect, I feel valued as an individual and know that my professors and classmates are all working together to benefit each other. Weber State University has been unlike any of the other three universities I have previously attended. I would recommend it to anyone.

Lucia

Even though I'm only a freshman, I fell in love with everything about Weber at first sight. Not only is it cheap, the campus and location is beautiful and the people are so nice. The whole experience has been wonderful so far and I cannot wait to see how it continues.

Maddi

I love weber! It has been super fun and really great to be a part of! I love the small class sized and the beautiful campus throughout each season of the year! Games are super fun and way energetic! I've met some really great people and have made some good friends!