Boston, MA
Wentworth Institute of Technology

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Wentworth Institute of Technology

Chelsey

To begin, I really wish I could go back and talk to myself as a high school senior. I would tell myself to take a year off between school and work to help pay for college. I would also inform myself to really think about what I want to do for a career. However, knowing that, I would probably still go to college. Chelsey, before you go to college know this: 90% of the freshmen are homesick, only a few of them show it. Talk to your roomates about it, because you will be surprised that they feel the same as you do. Also, talk to everyone in your class. People are going to split off into their own groups, better make your friends now instead of later! However, your friends in the first few weeks won't be your friends at the end of the year. Lastly, talk to your teachers. They are here to help you, but they won't do anything if you don't ask. Actually, talk to them all the time, sometimes your professor is the coolest person in the world and may be your second dad. Hang in there kid.

The lack of school spirit. We don't have a large group of students, but we still offer sports. Our school doesn't even advertise games to anyone, and we rarely have any school spirit days. When we do, nobody is really involved. I don't feel like people love this school fully. Instead everyone is academically and career focused and that's all they come to this campus for.

The most frustrating thing about my school is the poor organization. The organization to get students into housing is horrible, considering we share half of our housing with other schools and some of our students are forced to live off campus. They also don't schedule classes well, don't help you make your schedule, and rarely have room for everyone. You are on your own a lot here, and if you can get ahold of a teacher you may get help, depending on the teacher.

Laura

My classmates are smart, quirky, unique, and a lot different than the people I knew in high school.

I would tell myself a lot of things. Pay better attention in calculus. Don't stress out about your English essays. Read more books. Spend more time with your family. Don't be afraid to ask for help. Most importantly, I would tell myself not to worry about what other people think.

People who should attend WIT are people who work hard and know what they want to do after college. These students should have education be their main priority in college.

Candace

Ok, so I know you're young and you're really enjoying having all the time in the world, but before you know it you'll be twenty two and have nothing to show for it. I wish i would've had someone to tell me this, and i don't think I could bare it if I let you make the same mistakes twice. It's time to start applying for colleges, and it may take a lot of hours, but it will all be worth it in the end. People come and go. As much as you think they're here for you, they're only here for what you can provide them. Trust me, older people have it all figured out, you work your butt off now and by the time your 45+ you'll be relaxing on top with the person you love. Spendng your glory days with the person you love is so much more fullfilling then someone you'll forget about in the long run. Now I'm not saying you have to make a million dollars, but make the best out of what you were given. Time flies when you're having fun.

Neil

If I were to be able to go back in time, I would tell myself to decide early, exactly what I/you want. Come up with your plan on going about your career path. Do not procrastinate on choosing a major or the classes you need to take that major. Meet all the deadlines well before they come about. Think about your goal as opposed to te means of geting to the goal. ENjoy your experience and know that no matter what your family is there for you, especially your mother. Pack early and dont forget to bring enough clothes. There is no change machine around so you will also need lost of quarters for laundry and vending machines. Stay true to yourself and know that no matter what you decide to do, you will still be yourself and have that cushion of your family to help you along.

I think the best thing about this school, is its location. It is located right in the heart of the educational and medical capital of the country if not the worl.d There are so many diverse and unique people that attend this school as well as the surrounding school.s It offrs a college student a very unique and ecletic cexperience.

The kind of person that should not attend this school, is one who is not into engineering or design. If they are more interested in the humnaitites or social sciences, Wnetworth Institute of Technology is probsbly not the best school for them.

Brittney

After graduating high school I had every intention of attending Columbus State and applying to the Nursing program. I applied to the school and even scheduled my classes, I was ready to go! Straight out of high school I got a fulltime job making nearly $14 an hour! This was great pay in 2004! I was comfortable with my finances and the feeling of independence was amazing, so I decided to put off going to college. After four years I was laid off (along with the rest of the company) due to lack of work and found myself stuck. Quickly realize that I could have already been graduated; doing what I love to do; working with people and helping then feel better! If I was able to make a transition in my life I would have made my college career a higher priority than my job and pushed myself to succeed in achieving my goals!

Natasha

I would tell myself that it will all be okay, no matter which path I would choose. I would assure myself that I was good enough, strong enough, intelligent enough, and deserving enough to go to college. I would give anything to be able to go back and tell that younger me that I did not have to be afraid of going to college. I would say that at 18, opportunity is bigger and more available than it is at 32. I would have told myself that the best time to enjoy and grow through the college experience is to actually get to EXPERIENCE it, and that there would be plenty of time for marriage and children AFTER college. I would tell me that no matter what I am proud of myself, that the road may be hard, but it's worth it. I would give anything to go back and tell myself that life is good and to just have faith in the process. I'd say ?Fill out the college applications, fill out the scholarship requests, and see where the road takes you!!

Christopher

My classmates are generally hard workers but not always smart workers.

My classmates are generally hard workers but not always smart workers.

As a high school senior, you pretty much have it all figured out. You survived all those demonic teachers, have a solid group of BBFLs (Best Friends for Life) and the underclassman totally walk in your shadows. Even though college seems like unknown territory, after building up thirteen years of practical knowledge and life lessons, you're pretty sure this will be manageable. Right? Well even though it's important to remember who you are, where you come from, and where you want to go, it's also important to realize that you're starting a fresh page in the book of life and for the first time ever, you will have full control over how it is written. Despite whether you considered your high school experience to be perfect or less than ideal, you should consider approaching college life with a whole new perspective. If you start off with an open mind and a willingness to move outside your comfort zone, the foundation for a successful college career will already be beneath you. Maintain your intelligence, judgment, and core values, then go become the person you want to be.

Speaking from an architecture student's point of view, the lack of printing and fabrication technologies is my primary source of frustration. Our plotters and other equipment is out of date and does not satisfy the quality of work many students aim for. Printing our drawings at an acceptable quality must take place at other locations in Boston and becomes very expensive very fast. Wentworth has many talented students who I believe are being held back by financial constraints because the school is unable to provide the necessary equipment.

Matthew

My classmates are open and helpful.

My classmates are open and helpful.

Be open minded, focused and driven. Take every oppurtunity to learn something new. Ask questions if you need help and talk to your professors. Use every reliable resource possible to help you succeed at your overall goal.

One who is motivated and wants to excel in life.

Anderson

My classmates were friendly and helpful.

My classmates were friendly and helpful.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would ask myself "what was I thinking?" Why was I wasting my time in high school? As a man young adult, I would advice myself to be more open to people, and be more creative. Life in college is way different than high school. In 6 months, I learned so much in college that it would takes me at least 3-5 years to learn in high school. I wish I had someone to tell everything I needed to know before I go to college, unfortunately, that was not the case. In high school I used to depend on teachers but in college it's totally different; everything is on your own. You expect to get everything done unlike high school or else you will pay the consequences. If I could go back, I would take school way more seriously than I did before. I would tell myself to stop wasting time, "Life ain't a rehearsal the camera's always rolling," said Aubrey Drake Graham also known as Drake.

The most frustrasting thing my school is the food. The food contains too much fat.

Wentworth Institute of Technology administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.