Boston, MA
Wentworth Institute of Technology

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Wentworth Institute of Technology

My school is best known for its architecture and engineering programs. Its architecture program is the largest at the school, and in my oppinion the best option for preparing you for joining the architectural profession. It keeps its students on task and up to date on everything you need to gain your architecture license as efficiently as possible.

Our school strives to provide the best possible opportunities for post-graduate success. All courses are designed to prepare the student for job searching, networking, and gaining hands-on experience. It may sound like something out of a brochure, but its true. The networking opportunities especially make Wentworth stand out. Wentworth is connected with countelss employers across every major it offers.

College is going to be different. And it is going to change you. It should change you. If you go through these next four years and don't let go of some of the misconceptions that you hold with you then you did something wrong and you missed out on a lot. In college you can pick and choose who your friends are, instead of being limited by such a small group. This is going to help you become a better person. Branch out. Your classrooms are not going to be enough to expose you to everything that college has to offer. Get involved in everything that seems even remotely interesting and don't wait to do it! New experiences, new people, new learning. That's what it comes down to. High school was easy. You're going to have to work a lot harder, but everyone is going to be working hard with you. This is where you're going to make your friends for life. This that time where you're allowed to make mistakes. Make them, and learn from them. You're going to come out a different person on the other side.

I would tell myself to take all the hardest classes in my senior year to help brace myself for college. Also, I would tell myself that it is ok to be frustrated, as long as you don't give up. Make sure you eat; studying is next to impossible when you are hungry. Find a tutor early on, don't wait until you are already lagging behind. Learn to accept that most of your free time will be taken up by studying; you will have plenty of time to play video games and run around with friends after you graduate. Most of all, don't give up. You are a smart girl, you can do it. It will be rough sometimes, and there will be days when it will feel like it is all too much to bear, but just keep moving forward. It is going to be alright.

CHristopher

I would tell myself that I should have taken some classes in highschool more seriously but for the most part I believe I was prepared for the college transition

Career specific courses and coop because you learn in the classroom and in the workplace before you graduate.

The worst thing about the school is the cost because it makes attending more difficult.

Don't stress, everything will work out. That would be the most helpful advice I could give my former self. As a senior I was very busy and involved in high school and I was constantly running around. If I could, I would tell my former self to slow down and enjoy the final year. Do not get caught up in the drama of will I get into my number one choice or not. Everything does happen for a reason and the decision you made at seventeen is still one I agree with at almost twenty-one. Also the transition to college is not as bad as you made it out to be. Your family will still be there when you want to go home and life will continue there without you. Go and enjoy the college life and don't worry about what is going on at home, you'll enjoy college so much more.

I think the best part about this school is the fact that they fully prepare you for the real world. I am currently on an internship for a semester because that is part of the curriculum at Wentworth. I am obtaining real life experience before I even graduate and it will give me a bit of an edge when looking for a full time job once I graduate. Also the faculty at Wentworth is extremely helpful during this process. They do not just throw us out into the real world without help, they are there every step of the way.

The type of person that should attend this school should be committed to his/her major and overall goal. At Wentworth, you start freshmen year with a declared major and you have major specific classes in your schedule. The person interested in this school should know this ahead of time. The school is not for everyone because it is so major-oriented; however if you know what you want to do, then it is the perfect school for you.

nathan

Classes do not transfer into or out of this school so make sure you choose a major you really want.

I would try and get more local scholarships.

Wentworth Institute of Technology is best known for its cooperative work program. Each student is required to participate in two co-op work terms in order to graduate. The position which the student has received for their co-op term must directly relate to the student's major. It also must be approved by their academic advisor to ensure relevance.

In addition to providing an excellent education, Wentworth Institute of Technology is a great setting for making lifelong friendships. The relationships created here will ensure my success throughout my career.

I think that anyone serious about their studies and interested in getting a head start in their chosen field would do well at Wentworth Institute of Technology. It is an excellent school located in beautiful downtown Boston Ma. The school showcases a great campus that is easily accessible by public transportation.

Harrison

The programs are very unique to Wentworth because many of the majors are "technology" majors, which is a different type of engineering major. Something else which makes Wentworth unque is the laptop program. Every student is provided with a laptop while they are attending the school and all the software needed for their majors are downloaded directly to the laptops.

I have had the opportunity to do so many things since starting college. I have met so many new people and have made so many friends. I am also doing something that I have always wanted to do as well, which is join a crew/rowing team. It has been an amzing experience. The academics have also been amazing. Classes are going very well and I enjoy the fact the I am learning what I want to learn which is in the field of Mechanical Engineering. I know my 4 years at Wentworth will be the best years of my life because of the people here and all the opportunities that I have in front of me.

Being a freshman at Wentworth I did not know what to expect, but since the beginning, there have been absolutley no problems with the school. I have been enjoying every minute of it and I will continue to enjoy as I stay here.

Jacob

What i have gotten out of attending Howard College in Big Spring Texas was the ability to get the college experience but on a smaller scale. Howard has helped me to break out of my shell and become involved in things. I am on the Livestock Juding Team and we travel often to different towns and states. Even with the traveling and being away from school, i have still managed to maintain a 3.4 or so grade average. I have been on the Dean's List for the past two years i have attended school and was inducted into Phi Theta Kappa which was an honor. I was one of two guys inducted. I have experienced living on my own for the first time and learning how to adjust to not having someone handle my problems. I have enjoyed the slow paced atmosphere that you get in college as apposed to High School where you are on such a time schedule. College has helped me grow up a mature a little more. Thank you, Jacob Lewis

Melissa

My classmates are helpful and determined.

My classmates are helpful and determined.

It has been extremely valuable to attend college for many reasons. Not only do you learn everything you can about your major but you learn a lot about yourself. You are preparing yourself for the future while bettering yourself at the same time.

I would have to say that the best thing about Wentworth is how hard the professors push you to be the best you can be at your degree. When we graduate we have a great college name behind us and all the hard work we have done to show that we are worthy of a great job.

Aldrich

The school is working on becoming enviormentally friendly and they are doing an alright job.

Two things: Be sure to know how to teach yourself, and 6 hours of sleep is too much sleep.

Sometimes I feel that some of the professors do not know how to teach. They know their "stuff" but they can not teach it.

Wentworth Institute of Technology administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.