Boston, MA
Wentworth Institute of Technology

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Wentworth Institute of Technology

kyle

There are a few things i would tell my self as a senior if I could go back in time. For starters I would have told myself to fill out more scholarships during my senior year. That way I wouldn't have to take out so many student loans during college, or have to take time off because I'm not able to aford the next semester. Another peice of advice I would tell myself is to go to a community college for a year or two to save money. lastly I would warn myself about the food in my cafeteria, and how mediocre it is.

Immastrid

First off I'd tell myself to 'toughen up now, cuz you're in for a bumpy ride once you get to college.' Grow up, because you are going to be stepping into the world of adulthood where your mother isn't always going to be there to protect you; you are gonna be on your own. Life is to sort to worry about the little things in life, becaue if you do, not only will you be hurting others, but yourself as well. It's ok to make mistakes; because then you can learn from them and get back on your feet again. This is the time now to get a for sure idea on where you are going in life; and don't say somthing you know that your mother would want to hear. Do your research, find out what you like to do, because if not you and those helping you go to college will be paying for that; pun intended. Find out who you are Indhie... Look inside yourself and realize, your importance, your dreams and your future; but don't forget to live Now, and not later or in the past. Live Life Fully!

Nathan

Wentworth Institute of Technology teaches those who know what they want to do, allowing its students to experience a lot of "hands on work" with their major and is in a diverse learning community, surrounded by several other colleges.

Wentworth used to be an all guys school, but has opened its doors up to the education of women as well because of that the the percentage of men to women is around 80% to 20%, there are alot of majors, including Architecture, each major requires the student to take a co-op job, also students are offered a chance to study abroad and work with real people of there majors in foreign countries, in the class room you are taught, but you do learn mainly by experience of "hands on work".

As a freshman in college finished with my first semester, I have experienced just a taste of what is to come. A key piece of advice, that other students would agree upon, would be how college is completely different than high school with there being a huge work load and you're on your own. However, I would emphasize that you are on your own as you're responsible for your own actions, grades, problems and other various things. College brings a great education opening many doors for an individual, but it also brings many distractions. There are events, parties and other situations that would pull you away from your work and studies. The golden rule is school comes first with fun and friends later, do not let them distract you or keep you from what you need to do. Work hard and do not give up when things get tough and seem impossible. If it seems that there is no way you can pull something off, make a way by working hard and keep going until you successfully finish the task. Another major thing to do is get help and work with others, this helps a lot.

TJ

Producing quality, practical, and hardworking engineers

Producing quality, practical, and hardworking engineers

There isn't a whole lot I would change. I was pretty ready for the transition. Honestly, the only thing I would have told my myself is to switch out of the terrible living situation I was put in. Rather than try to stick it out like I did, to just switch rooms.

How much alcohol flowed on campus. I would have taken measures to make sure I didn't live with heavy drinkers

my school stands out from other schools because it is small. all my class have between 20 and 30 kids and there are no huge lectures. i know all my professors and they are all willing to help me with things like my resume or letters of recommendation. we have free tutoring at school for any class from high scoring upperclassmen. everyone at the school can go to an event and talk to their advisors and even the dean to make good connections and get important contacts for the later job search.

Venturing back a year before now I see myself as a high school senior stressed out, and biting my nails as I apply to colleges at the last minute. I was cramming to get everything done and nervously waiting for the schools to reply. I was a scared wreck. I would sit down and have a talk with younger less educated me and tell her to make sure she gets things done early and to not wait till the last minute to get applications, homework, and essays turned in. I would tell my younger self not to worry about making new friends at school it will happen if you just act like yourself. I would tell myself to form study groups at school to help with homework and to meet new people. I would tell myself to make sure i go to campus events. I would tell myself your roomates are going to be the most amazing and caring people and even though youll have your differences your glad they are there with you. I would tell her that no matter how much leaving your friends hurts you the ones that really care will still be there for you.

a person who loves hands on experience all the schools classes have a lab portion that go along with them so you get both hands on work and classroom work when taking your classes. the student also needs to want to learn becuse there are so many ways to get help and to help yourself at school including the tutoring, your professors, and the library.

Wentworth Institute of Technology is best known for its professionalism and cooperative education. Someone once put it best when they said "Wentworth will make or break you", it is not necessicarily hard to get in but hard to stay. Fractions of freshman classes actually graduate. Also Wentworth is known for its astonishingly high number of male students, roughly 80% of WIT's are men. This makes for an interesting experience for a female student such as myself and numerous jokes from the many surrounding colleges and universities.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior about transitioning to college I would tell myself to just be myself. One of my biggest fears going into college was that I wouldn't fit in as I am and that I would become a different person that who I want to comfortably be. Thankfully at Wentworth Institute of Technology I do, at this school no matter who you are there is someone for you to be friends with and people accept you for who you are. Another thing I would have told myself was to get a metal bike lock. I brought my beloved expensive road bike to school with me and it was stolen promptly after arriving on campus. I'm not going to lie I'm a little girl from the suburbs exploring the city who experienced first hand the high crime neighborhood WIT is located in. The bike lock acceptable to riding to drama rehearsal in high school wasn't fit to guard my cardon fibered disc breaked beauty from Mission Hill. Other than that I wouldn't want to give away all the surprises to high school me.

Before I came to Wentworth Institute of Technology I wish I had known more about what Wentworth Industrial Design life was like. Thankfully, I like the busy artistic yet scientifically driven lifestyle Wentworth has branded me with. I love living in the city and all the adventures I go on with my amazing new friends. It isn't a traditional college experience at all though, Wentworth is career driven and wants you to act likewise. This is no traditional college experience and I know some people, including myself, who were not so clear on this.

Keep Going. It will get easier. It will be worth it. People will like you, and you will have friends, people who genuinely care about you. It's going to be harder than you expect but you'll love every second of it. Just keep working hard and know that you will build a strong support system. People at home, and people at school care and are always willing to listen.

Career Services does not do a whole lot to help with the co-op process.

Red Tape - getting the run around from the student service center about money and finances. They also don't dispurse loan money until half way through the semester.

My classmates absorb every word we learn because we know how benificial knowledge is to our future.

If I were stilol in high school, I would hope that I could understand the significance of independence and motivation. College isn't about parties, socializing, and strolling through four years. College is about finding yourself, what you really are, who you want to become, and how you can better the world. I beleive that understanding education is a gift, and not a given, is what gives you motivation. I would not be in school today, if it weren't for my motivation. I work full time, go to class full time, and manage to just scrape by my tuition bills because I know in the end, it will better my future. I am so thankful for everything education has given me. My only other advice would be to have saved as much as I could! College is expensive as well as tiring. You are your own guru. For once in your life, you decide your future and your every step. It's scary....but I love it!

A person who lacks personal motivation and independence. Wentworth demands students who know how to push themselves as well as push each other to succeed. We go to school for ourselves, not for others.

Trisha

The teachers all have degrees in the fields they are teaching and have worked in the field. Some still do.

I would tell myself to only look to the future 10% of the time and to live in the present. You don't want to miss out on life because you're looking too far ahead. I would also tell myself to make sure i'm ready to make any big decision before I actually make it. Things and people change and if you're not completely ready to make that move then you shouldn't because you could find yourself making a big mistake. Always work in a timely manner and if you keep yourself organized from day one then you'll have no problem when it comes time to finals!

The food because it's not always hot or good!

John

Not to attend Wentworth Institute of Technology. I would tell myself to think seriously about what it is that I am good at and pursue a career in that direction. Don't let anyone from high school or anywhere else push you into something your not sure of. College is very demanding and only those who really are interested in thier studies are going to get trough it. Most importantly, colleges are a business, a business which is trying to sell you an education, during tours and orientations faculty will do whatever they can to make you think that the school is right for you, even if it means manipulating the truth. Be careful, you have too see through the false veneer or thier marketing stratagy. Look at reviews online, do your research, don't jump into it right away like I did.

How unfriednly the Resident Directors in the buildings are and how much meaningless work I would be doing to not learn any pertinant to my major.

Wentworth Institute of Technology administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.