Salisbury, MD
Wor-Wic Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Wor-Wic Community College

Azarelle

The academics are the best part of the school. There are tons of culture at Wor-Wic Community College. The campus food is not that bad at all. The prices could be a little broke-college student friendly. The staff and professors are nice and are willing to work with you through anything.

Morgan

I love Wor-Wic! I feel safe during the day and night when I am walking to my classes. They make me feel like a person who is trying to get an education with all the tools I need. There are campus activities that our encouraged by professors and everyone is included in any shape or form.

Zoe

For a community college, Wor-Wic is pretty decent. The class sizes are relatively small, the professors are engaged just enough, and you feel like you learn what you need to. If you grew up in the area and attend Wor-Wic during high school through their dual-enrollment program, or right after high school, you'll probably see a few people you know. Nursing seems to be a popular major at Wor-Wic. I don't know too much about the majors because I only attended Wor-Wic to take general education classes. For reference, I'm a sophomore and I want to major in public relations and minor in film studies. I know Wor-Wic doesn't offer either of those programs, so I'm planning on transferring to a four-year university in the fall. Overall, I'm happy I went to Wor-Wic before transferring because the classes were easy, everyone is relatively nice, and it's much cheaper than going to four-year university for the first two years of college.

Wor-Wic is a great school because the classrooms are easy to find, the teachers are great, and the work load is managable.

If I was able to go back in time I would give myself advice about college life. First, I would tell myself to be prepared. Make sure that you buy the books you need for all of your classes ahead of time before the bookstore runs out. I would also tell myself to not be nervous, life is a learning process and all you have to do is ask for help if you need it. Next, I would tell myself to take every class serious and retain as much information as possible because it will be very useful for your future. Lastly, I would tell myself to take as many notes as possible and hold on to them for future classes because in the end everything comes together and one thing deals with another. I say I would love to be able to go back in time to prepare myself for college life but then again I don’t think I would give myself any advice except to tell myself not to worry. Life is a learning process and that comes with mistakes.

I beliee the teachers are the best thing about my school because of how helpful they are.

Shannon

Pick a major and stick with it, since I have changed my major multiple times I am starting over and this is causing me further delays in acquiring my degree. Also, it is ok to attend a community college first, I didn't do this and went straight to University where it cost a great deal more and because of this I have used a lot of the percentage of my grant allotment and therefore at this age I am finding it harder to get all the funds necessary to complete my degree.

Every office is willing and able to assist you to attain your goals.

NO one shouldn't attend this school, aside from those who do not want to go to a 4 year college and find an Associates Degree sufficient. It is a great community college, which I attended after already attending University elsewhere just for financial reasons. I found that it has invaluable support and teachers and that is is an exemplory school.

Chenika

Wor-Wic Community College is a college that has instructors that are concerned about their students' progress and success.

You can do anything that you set your mind to. Take your time with your work. If you don't understand anything, talk to your instructors; they are there to help.

I wish that I had known that being a full-time, single mother, a part-time student, and a person that works forty-plus hours per week, would be this hard; but it will be well worth it in the end.

Ashly

Wor Wic Community College is a decent college that gives me my basic needs to be able to start my career.

My classmates are good people that aren't rude, and they just help you to fit in with your surroundings because we are all inthe same position of being new at the college.

If i could go back in time i would give myself a lot of advice. I would tell myself to go out there and apply for all the scholarships you can so you can get help with paying for school, because school is definitley not cheap. Also i would say that i need to be prepared to work hard and not think that college life is a big joke, but to take it seriously and just keep your eye on the prize. I would say that i shouldn't let anyone get in my way, such as classmates or anyone trying to put me down, but keep my head high and try my hardest so i could prove everyone wrong in the end that i really could do this on my own.

Angela

The BIG word- Cost. Wor-Wic is by far the best value for your dollar on the Eastern Shore of Maryland; and probably within the state of Maryland, especially if you are going into the nursing field. They also have a very active student government & lots of ways to get involved.

Angie- Keep focused. You ARE as good as others say you are & you can do anything. Quit being ashamed or embarrassed. Quit worring about what was the "perfect" trasition. There is no "perfect" in life, and you don't need anyone to hold your hand. The friends and opprotunities are here, right in front of you and these people that are teaching you are here for support, NOT to try to fail you. Ten years from now you will be where you want to be instead of just starting & trust me, girl, it will be soooo much harder if you don't take these opprotunities and run.

The nursing program & how well it prepares you for the NCLEX exams. The calliber of the nursing professors and too one of the greatest A&P professors I have ever come across

Wor-Wic Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.