Beckley, WV
Academy of Careers and Technology

1 Rating

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Academy of Careers and Technology

Ericka

I'm excited to start classes at ACT. From what I have seen, class sizes are small enough so that teachers can be involved with students and teachers remember students after graduation. I've also noticed that at ACT, students are given the opportunity to get on site training (such as clinicals), which can help students have a better chance of getting a job after graduation. I also like that the teachers and staff are easy to get ahold of if you have questions about the programs. They are available most of the time, and if they aren't, they promptly respond.

Sherri

I have learned invaluable information in the field I have chosen. (Computer graphic arts & design) My professor has also given his students tips on health, finance and business. I was a computer novice, but now I feel more confident about using the computer to accomplish my projects. This course of study has also broadened my perspective of art and design, and given me another outlet for my creativity. Keiser University has a very comprehensive curriculum for this area. I researched many colleges before choosing this one. The staff is helpful, and the atmosphere is friendly, but also professional.

Aurora

I wish I would have known how quickly the classes were going to go by. With Tuition Assistance from the military I can only take 6 courses per fiscal year. This means any excess classes must come out of pocket. It has been quite the expense.

My experience is unique to most. I am 30 years old and I just recently joined the Army to serve my country and to make a difference. Prior to joining the military I worked a demanding, high paying, executive level job in California. Being in the military has allowed me to go back to school and continue with my education. While I have been serving I was injured and I am currently preparing my applications for graduate school which is what I will be pursuing upon receiving my undergrad degree. In the last two years my life has been put in perspective and while attending school, I realized that my career will be my passion in life. I have always been passionate about the Earth and ensuring a healthy future for my future children and my nieces and nephews. My life's work to to ensure that I leave them with a healthier climate and more importantly a healthier marine ecosystem. I believe that this world is a gift and we must come up with a solution to ensure its future. Thank you for your time and your consideration.

My school is unique compared to most because it is geared towards members of the military and their spouses. It is solely online and accomodates the unique schedules we have as soldiers. It allows us to continue our education while serving our country.

Shawn

The best thing about Wichita State University is the affordability of education provided there. I extensively researched colleges and universities around the country for my graduate program, and Wichita State University was by far the least expensive of them all. Furthermore, the city of Wichita is very affordable, especially in comparison to many other areas of the country I have lived in.

Many of my classmates profess amazement at how much they have learned, and therefore how much they now know. Physiology, pharmacology, dermatology, cardiology, psychiatry, clinical laboratory, anatomy, pathophysiology, hematology - all topics we are covering this semester. And it is true; it is amazing how much we have learned. But the most valuable thing I have learned in my current educational program is quite the opposite of this. While I do look back in amazement at how much I have learned, every day of my college experience is filled with an even larger awareness of how much there is still to know. How much I still have to learn. And how important it is to continue to learn!

My current school, Wichita State University, is a tremendous resource for the surrounding community and offers a strong focus on non-traditional students.

• $0

Academy of Careers and Technology administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.