New Haven, CT
Albertus Magnus College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Albertus Magnus College

Joseph

I am a high school senior who will go to Albertus Magnus College in the Fall. For me, I believe this campus has a positive vibe. There is a new president who is engaged and cares very much about the students, plenty of extracurricular activities so you are not bored as well as a good sport scene. Shout out to Samantha for giving me a wonderful campus tour including others. Albertus Magnus for me is a school that looks to care about students succeeding in and out of the classroom. They all go above and beyond for the student and the parent.

Gabriella

The college is pretty good. The teachers really care how you do in the classes, you are not just a number. They know your name and they will help you whenever you need it. The workload is not excessive for most classes and its usually pretty manageable. Overall this college is great!

Ebony

Albertus Magnus is a diverse, friendly, quite College, located in one of New Havens urban areas.

My classmates are older working adults, who are decided in obtaining their degree.

If I could travel back in time, I would tell myself not to be afraid of college. Education is the gateway to freedom for many living in the inner city, such as myself. Many resources are avaiable on campuses to help naviagate you on your journey. Take advantage of all the help that is thrown your way. Stand firm in your decision by being decidated to your studies, and utilize your time wisely.

Your classmates range from eccentric, caring, and beautiful to loud, sometimes arrogant, and uncaring people.

Listen Red, I know it looks grim now, but you will get into college and even though it's not the college you expected to get into, you are going to have the best 4 years of your life. You're going to make some long-lasting friendships where you go on adventures to Rhode Island for the Waterfire festival, you'll learn all about LARPing and Dungeons & Dragons. You'll even have one of your roommates teach you how to crochet, and you'll make some pretty awesome looking scarves. You'll also get pneumonia a few times, and have to deal with hallucinating about dancing Christmas trees (since you'll get sick just before Christmas break), but you'll also sneak a kitten into your dorm in senior year and even work at the bar on campus. You'll get published in a fiction and poetry book on campus and learn all about photography and 2D design. But really the most important thing to know is that you will do well and make great friendships, and for the rest of your life you'll want to go back there and do it all over again.

Yasmin

The thing that really frustrates me about albertus magnus is the food and no nutrients in it. It bothers me because most of the time they serve us food, which is not even warm. Also, they should give us food that meets to our nutrient needs. If they don't serve us healthy food then we won't be able to concentrate on our study or in class. I am not asking to change everything at once, all I am asking for is to change some of the choices that they have for us and make them useful to eat.

There isn't only one thing that is best about Albertus Magnus College. First, albertus magnus has many sports that an individual will be interested to play. For example, softball, baseball, basketball (men & women), soccer, tennis, volleyball, and cross-country for men and women. Also, the faculty is always here to help you whenever you need help. They are always available for you when you need someone to help you out with things, they will be there for you. We have great professors, who have Ph.D degree. I believe that professors help us better than teachers in high school.

If I had a chance to go back in time and give advice to myself, it would be enjoying my senior year in high school and not stressing out too much. I learned that senior year is really important. There are many things that an individual would want to accomplish. For example, graduating on time. However, other individuals forget to enjoy the last year of their high school and starts to stress over every little thing. In my senior year, I didn't go to any trips and even to my prom night. It was all because I was actually stressed out with my school work and most of all, I was failing my math class. Then, I decided to do my best and stop stressing because stressing get you nowhere. After learning a lesson from myself, I joined after school activities so that I can get my mind of stuff. I joined a CPR class and to be honest, I've never had so much fun in any other class. That was the best experience I've ever had and I will never forget about it. After, all my hardwork I was the top 3 out of 205 seniors.

Badr

I wish i knew that there are a lot of writing assignments, i would have came ready by being involved in more writing activties in high school. I wish that i knew that i would be this busy.

i would say that the price of living on campus is the worst. The price is about seven thousand dollars a semester. If i live by myself in an apartment i would save alot more moeny than living on campus. It will be very helpful if the price was lower. For example, a student like me does not have a car, and living on campus is expensive, therefore i need to keep going back and forth by bus instead of living on campus.

Some students start slow at college, and then they push themselves up in the middle of the semester. I would tell my self to start and keep going hard and never stop from the beginning to the end. I would tell myself that there is nothing i need to be focusing on other than my future, because what i do now, going to follow me to my future.

Adrianne

Dear Past self, I understand that you have had some hard times and you have made some questionable choices. please don't allow the opinions of others influence how you feel about yourself, you are a beautiful person and you will eventually find your way. own all of your choices the good and the bad, make the best of your education and your financial aid because they wont pay forever. please don't waste time doing things that are not suited for you, follow your heart it will lead you in the right direction. you have the gift of making people feel good about themselves and their situations, this is a gift that many don't possess so I would urge you to make the best of it. you don't know what a positive difference you make for others but you will eventually learn. The best advice I can give you is to be persistant with your education and please dont procrastinate because you have a tendency to do that. get things done early it will be to your benefit.

I enjoy the small class sizes, this allows the professors to get to know you.

many of my clasmates are older, they have returned to college after a long period of time or they are starting college for the first time.

Karen

My classmates have experienced life. They are raising families, working full time and looking for a second chance.

If i were able to go back in time to give myself advice about making the transition to college life, I would emphasise the importance of deep reflection. Do not choose a degree for the sole purpose of financial stability. Open your mind and discover your passion! Crack those books before the beer can. Realize your potential and understand that failure is just a mechanism of action which can lead you to innovation if you are astute enough to recognize it. Only you will determine your outcomes. The consequences of your study habits will no longer be determined by your parents or teachers but rather an understanding of the direct effect that they will have on you. Study before the party; your brain is much more capable of focus without a hangover. Strike up a conversation with your neighbor; there is a whole world outside of your hometown and you will form bonds and friendships which have the capacity to last a lifetime. Find yourself, dream big, reach your goals and expand your mind.

Anyone who has the drive and determination to make a better life for herself/himself.

Victoria

If I could go back in time, I would tell myself not to be afraid. The great thing about Albertus is that you can transition at your own pace; also, the small class sizes allow you to get to know your teahers. The professors get to know you by name and you can tell that they want you to do well and succeed, and they are also very passionate in their subjects. I would also tell myself that I would change and grow so much; the experiences that I've had at Albertus helped me grow into a stronger, more confident person. As a writing and theatre major, I feel that I have grown significantly in each major; I also feel that I have gain a stronger sense of independence and maturity. Ultimately, I would tell myself that my experiences at Albertus were amazing, and to be excited for the time that was about to unfold.

The small class sizes; it allows you to develop an intimate relationship with your teachers. You're not just a number at Albertus! I also love how involved I've become and the experiences I've had with everyone that I have met!

Albertus wants you and allows you to develop your voice at your own pace.

alisha

My college experince has been an eye opener for me. I am very concern about the steps I am supposed to take to become an orthopedic surgeon. I realized that college is the foundation. It’s the next step to success in my life. Attending a college gives me the opportunities to explore. It also gave me the opportunities to meet new people and join clubs with the same interest. It’s a time to focus on what I really want. It is a time to get help and prepare myself for medical school. Believe it or not it takes fourteen years to become an orthopedic surgeon and I already started my journey

there is not enough campus activities and sports for students.

the lack of teachers and subject tutors.