Santa Maria, CA
Allan Hancock College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Allan Hancock College

Nancy

Allan Hancock College is wonderful and offers very diverse accessibility to classes and human support in all areas.

As a high school senior I believed myself to be wise beyond my years and very independent, therefore I left school prior to graduation. If I could go back in time, I would convince myself to stay in school and continue with college as finances allowed. I would explain to myself the necessity and importance of education at all stages, not only for what is learned scholastically but the value of life lessons including patience, organization, and communication that are learned in an academic environment. I would stress the way that future employment situations are influenced substantially by an applicants educational accomplishments. I would also adamantly project how many more opportunities are available to those with a college education than to those without. I would prepare myself for the transition by speaking with former teachers and seeking their advice as well as using all counseling resources available.

Only those not interested in achieving an educational goal should not attend Allan Hancock Copllege.

Chloe

If I could go back and talk to myself in high school I would tell myself to make sure I follow my educational dreams. I wasted a lot of time in college by taking classes that were for a major that I felt was "smart" and not necessarily a major that I was passionate about. Now I'm taking classes that I am passionate about that will help me attain my dream of running my own restaurant. Before I dreaded going to classes and I constantly doubted what I was doing with my life. I am not enthusiastic about my classes and even have created a general plan of where I want my life to be in ten years. I did waste two years though, not enjoying school, and wasting my hard earned money. I would hope my high school self could understand how important it is to do something that I am passionate about.

I believe that the best thing about school are the activities available for the students. The student council put on a lot of activities for the students at many times through out the year. They put on school dances, have guest speakers and even offer free massages and healthy snacks during finals weeks. This helps the school feel more like a community and brings students together. It also makes school a more enjoyable experience.

The most frustrating thing about Allan Hancock is that there are not a lot of after school clubs. In high school I was involved in many clubs that Allan Hancock does not have.

monique

I believe my school is best know for it's agriculture aspect. we have alot of farms and fields in my area and alot of people are involved with future farmers of america. I was involved with this and it took a lot of your time and hard work. It is a very good project to take on.

I have asked myself this question before and I believe as much as I thought I was so tough and ready for the real world after high school graduation, I know I really wasn't, nor am I now. I am alot closer now to being a little more mature but I still have alot to learn. After graduation I decided to attend the local college here in town and then transfer to a university later. I think that was my best decision yet and I know if I would have went away to a university straight out of high school I wouldn't have made it very far because I just wasn't ready for it. I know now I can be alot more determined and I can stick to my goals and succeed.

The kind of person that shouldn't attend thid school is someone who can't necisarily motivate themselves. You really have to put yourself to the test and know that your gunna take part of your free time to finish projects and homework because no one in college is holding your hand along the way.

Kylynne

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would tell myself to fill out more scholarships. I would also tell myself to take advantage of the duel enrollment program to get a head start with college.

I brag most about the cheap fees. Allan Hancock College is very affordable for most students.

The most frustrating thing about my school is that some of the teachers are poor quality, and its impossible to get the most out of the class.

Ana

I got to stay in my hometown, so for me an important unique quality is that I am at home. I know people here, I have support from the people in my community and I'm basically settled. Allan Hancock is one of the best Community Colleges around in many ways including staff, student life, cost (I get paid to be here), etc. I also especially love the laid back environment with all the grass and trees. The campus is basically spotless in terms of cleanliness.

The only thing I wish I had been more proactive on during high school would be applying for scholarships/grants. I would just encourage me to apply for any and everyone I qualify for to avoid some of the worries that come with pursuing a college degree. I'd also say to take advantage of the book voucher that EOPS offers because you're only eligible your first semester and I missed it.

Classes continue to be cut; of course, that is a statewide (even nationwide) problem. Other than that I would say the price of food. It costs me about double what I would pay off-campus for basically any meal.

Allan Hancock College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.