Allan Hancock College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Allan Hancock College

Well, i am a first time student at Allan Hancock College, but so far i think it is a great school. The campus is clean inside and out, the school looks appealing, and it just looks like they take a lot of pride in their school. Everyone that i have met so far has been nothing but kind to me, and i appreciate the fact that it is a friendly environment and community.

Cordell

Hancock College is a great college! Great professors and community involvement. The campus is small and compact, everything is easily accessible. I have been challenged and motivated by my professors. Hancock College has a great program where they offer free food and fresh produce weekly to students out in the quad area. This program ensures all students can be prepared physically and mentally to be educated.

Savannah

This community college actually has a lot to offer. Since I am in the arts it is nice to know that tis place has really great programs to sign up for but sometimes it won't fill up because not a lot of people are doing an art degree here. Having more than one campus is nice if you live in a different are from the main campus. I think my main complaint is how they do not pay much attention to the Lompoc campus. That campus could use more classes.

rebecca

Great school to transfer from.

wendy

It a really nice college environment. The teachers and students have a great relationship. Everyone you meet is respectful. Everything you need on a school campus is available to students. Resources are found throughout the campus. The energy and enthusiasm of students is evident.

Saegan

I went here for my AA and then transferred to a CSU. Good counselors, professors, and facilities. They even have great cafeteria food. I was able to transfer in 2 years and got into all the classes I needed.

Cordell

Allan Hancock College is nationally ranked in the top 150 community colleges. Hancock College has a wonderful campus and staff. I have personally dealt with the Cashier's Office, Bookstore Staff, Cafeteria Staff, Administrations Office, Athletic Department and Campus Police. All departments and facilities have convenient office hours and accommodating schedules. The Bookstore Staff is friendly and helpful, The Cashier's Office staff always answers my questions and calms my concerns, Campus Police is willing to help with parking passes for each semester, the Athletic Department is a great place to get mentoring and physical fitness advice. My professors are caring and always willing to explain and enlighten when I am in need. I will return to Allan Hancock for my Sophomore year to complete my Associate's Degree and transfer to a 4 year university to complete my Bachelor's and Master's Degrees. Hancock College was an amazing choice for my first 2 years and I would recommend it to anyone looking to attend college after high school.

James

Allan Hancock Community College is a wonderful university for students who want to start at a small and relatively cheap college experience. It's usually recommended to save money before graduate school, and that's the main reason why I chose to go to Allan Hancock Community College. The college itself is expanding year by year and has many majors for almost every student's aspirations. I enjoyed my experience and education at Allan Hancock Community College.

Daniela

Allan Hancock College is a great college over all. The services offered to students are great, there's always someone to help. A number of students athletes have been recruited by universities . The professors are always willing to help the students and the class sizes aren't big. The campus is very safe with its very own campus police. Over all Allan Hancock is a great choice if considering community colleges.

Luis

Allan Hancock is a great school to transfer to a university. The campus resources are open late and there is always someone to answer your questions. Many students stay for longer than necessary but the ones who eventually transfer always seem to get into the school they most prefer or at least a top three choice.

Elia

This is the college that turned my life around. It gave me the opportunity to join a women's sports team which I had never done before. I had great coaches who motivated me to be great not only in sports but academics as well. Coaches show that sports performance is important, but academics are always the primary focus. The instructors are great always making time for their students. If they are unavailable during class, they all have office hours, and if students are unable to attend the office hours, they schedule an appointment at a different time. There is always campus security which makes the school feel safe and are even helpful when a student's car battery dies, or his or her keys get locked in their cars. There are many facilities that offer academic help such as the writing center and math center. There are also many clubs for each type of individual. Whether it is engineering, biology, or dance, they will have a place for you. The counselors are also very helpful with getting students prepared to reach their goals. If it were not for this school, I would not have gotten accepted to Sac State, Long Beach, CalPoly SLO, or SDSU. I recommend students to come here. It has very little distractions, and if you join a team, you create friendships that last a lifetime.

Diego

I am so happy that I chose Allan Hancock College (AHC) to start my education. I truly understand why AHC has been selected for the Aspen Prize and Top 150 Community Colleges. AHC has a culture of learning that best fits me and my learning style. I would make this decision again if needed. I give AHC 5 STARS!

Jose

Allan Hancock College has two different locations. One is at Lompoc, and the other is at Santa Maria. The difference between the two is that the Santa Maria Campus is much bigger than the one at Lompoc. Santa Maria has more facilities than Lompoc does. For example, Santa Maria has more classes than Lompoc does and, unlike Lompoc, they have the Writing Center and the Lab school that even opens at night time. Allan Hancock College also provides online courses if they can't go to one of two campuses for any reason, but overall, both Lompoc and Santa Maria campuses, including online courses, can come in handy whenever one choice doesn't work out, but the other can.

Elias

I enjoy going to school here because there are many helpful programs like the writing and math center that students can take advantage of. The teachers are also very willing to help students and work with them to make sure they are going to pass. I think there need to be more teachers hired because some departments are lacking teachers.

James

Allan Hancock College is a pretty decent community college. It's easy to get into classes that you need, parking isn't bad, and the teachers are decent enough. I live in Lompoc and take most of my classes in town. It's what I want from a community college. Counselors, teachers, and administration don't bug you and there aren't a bunch of extracurriculars. Most of the people just go to class and try and transfer.

eduardo

Its a very good college that offers many courses that include a majority of general education typically needed at 4 year universities at a much cheaper price for students on a low budget. The campus is spacious but not too big as to be needing a vehicle to get around the entire campus. Courses offered both on campus and online which allows for flexible schedules that cater to many students varying lifestyles and/or needs.

Juan

Allan Hancock College is a great California Community College located on the Central Coast. Being that it is a community college, the focus is on preparing students for transfer and not so much on campus life and amenities. The facilities and faculty for the Engineering department are top notch which makes the school a top feeder into Cal Poly San Luis Obispo, a local, nationally ranked school for Engineering.

Maritza

I took a summer class and over all felt like a good campus. A lot bigger than I expected since I had never been on the campus before. Very nice people and teachers. Teacher helped me pass the class and gave me options on extra credit. Very easy to talk to

Sydney

Allan Hancock College is a junior college located in California. The college offers a program for high school students to attend while still in high school. I am currently in that program. I have only taken classes online, but the professors seem relatively helpful and value their students. The surrounding area doesn't have much to do, but there are a mall and restaurants close by.

Erin

Allan Hancock College is one of the best Junior Colleges that you can attend in California. Allan Hancock provides for so many on and off campus opportunities and is understanding for student's rigorous schedules. In the heart of a not-too-busy town, Allan Hancock is surrounded in small shops and joints to catch a bite to eat and study for your classes. Allan Hancock provides opportunities for students both in Santa Maria and their Lompoc campus, a city of Arts and Flowers.

Clay

Allan Hancock is a great place for students looking to get a good start on their education. The professors really care about your success and often go out of their way to help you should you need it. The amenities are not too plentiful although it is a community college so thats what you'd expect.

It’s honestly the best choice for many students. By skipping the university straight out of high school you not only save money but they gave the students of near by high school’s they’re first year free. It’s near by, great teachers and amazing class. They is an option for everyone.

Gina

Allan Hancock College in my experience has been very delightful. The professor I have had so far are very caring towards the student. They care for the well being and education of thier students. The counselors are also a great help for those who are just starting the college career at Hancock.

Mandi

In my opinion, Allan Hancock College cares about their students and wants the best for them. They provide many different groups and help centers who welcome everyone. This school is all about helping their students achieve their goals and beyond. Staff and professors do everything they can to be available for their students. It is truly a wonderful campus!

Rikki

I absolutely love my school. So many amazing professors and awesome students! I started my freshmen year in 2016 right after high school. It is so affordable with the help of FAFSA and other school tuition waivers for those that graduate from high school and go straight into a two year college. There are new grants and scholarships all the time to help you get through and what you need to push through your college years as a Bulldog! Highly recommend this college to anyone! The best so far!