Clinton Township, MI
Baker College of Clinton Township

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Baker College of Clinton Township

Monica

My first impression of this campus began when I took my prerequisites for Dental Hygiene. The classes transitioned smoothly for me. I cannot speak for all instructors but I would have to say that no matter how universal the class layout is, it’s the instructor that makes or breaks the class.

Adam

I have learned how to manage my time efficiently thus far. Attending college part time (12 credit hours) and working full time (50+ hours a week), has actually caused me to be more responsible. Time management has been improved drastically.

It seems the teachers are spread too thin. Class sizes are kept small but having teashers who teach at numerous locations around the county seems to create a lack of control of students who arrive late creating distractions for those of us who actually care about continuing our education.

Someone who can not manage time effectively. If you are not punctual, do not attend this school.

amber

I attended school for 3 semesters before doing a study abroad program in Australia. that semester changed my life. I learned to appreciate how isolated the US is compared to the rest of the world. I try to let people know how important it is to their personal development if they venture outside of our country. It can and should be a life altering experience

Leanne

Baker College of Clinton Township greatly differs from the environment of a University in many ways. The classes are small and personalized; teachers are well informed and professionals in their area of work. The classes are more focused on participation and experience, than tests alone. They use all types of teaching such as in-class work, group projects and outside homework. This college makes the learning experience more enjoyable and memorable. Overall, Baker College was an excellent experience. It allowed me to focus stricly on my area of study and even get a job after graduation.

Overall, I received a complete knowledge of the business world from my college experience. I learned what it takes to make it through not only the college classroom, but the global business world as well. I recieved knowledge from not only my professors, but from all of my fellow classmates. Required participation and attendance made it easy to keep up with the coursework and learn what it takes to not only be on time for school, but for work as well. My experience at Baker College was one that will be with me for the rest of my life. Each class allowed me to gain more knowledge of the business world and to be the succesful business women I am today. I am appreciative of my college experience; it made me want to continue my education at a small college, which is why I am trying to fulfill a masters degree in business this fall. Through their required internship, the college allowed me to not only recieve an education, but gain work experience at the same time. Without my success and valuable experience at Baker College, I wouldn't be where I am today.

The one thing I consider the best thing at my school is the personalized, small classrooms. In every class I took there were no more than 30 students. This allowed me to get to personally know each of my classmates, receive extra help from the teacher when I needed it, and allowed each student to participate in every classroom disucussion. This made my learning experience very personalized and allowed me to learn much more than I would have learned in a large lecture hall.

Zoe

In regards to my college experience, I cannot comment as of yet because I have not begun. My university experience will, in fact, commence in September 2010, but already I am able to state that my post-secondary education is going to be the best move I could have ever made. Eight months ago, I was laid off from my job of three years and was left feeling hopeless and discouraged. With the job market as saturated as it is with unemployed people like myself, I was unable to find a job I was qualified for and the ones I was qualified for were given to people with slightly more skills. After four months with no job prospects, I decided that no matter what happened I was going to return to school the following fall to upgrade my skills so that something like that could never happen to me again. As a single person paying rent, bills, tuition, books, and travel expenses for up to 180km of driving per day, I am trying to get as many scholarships or bursaries as possible to help me in my journey to a higher education!

Julie

I enjoyed attending classes in the evening with other older students. I have a learning disability and the teaching staff allow the use of my digital recorder which helps me to remember the lectures. The learning center is helpful with private tutoring.

Brianna

At Baker College I have had the most help when it came to an easy admissions process. Before Baker I have never been exposed to financial aid and they have made it a very easy process and explained everything to me so that I understood. The teachers at the college are concerned about you and the field you are studying and focus on making sure you understand and love what you're going into, since they are professionals in the field themselves.

'Assume you could go back in time and talk to yourself as a high school senior'...this is something I think about almost everyday. I wish I could go back in time and maybe smack some sense into myself. I was one of those high school seniors who thought they didn't need to know what the teachers were teaching in high school because what I wanted to do as a career didn't have to do with childish Math and English skills. I would definitely tell myself that even though I feel as if my High School grades and ACT scores don't matter, they do. They matter a whole lot. Five years after high school and three colleges later they still pull out my ACT scores to place me into certain classes. Everything in high school matters. Everything you do in your life matters, people form opinions about you based on certain terms: your looks, the way you present yourself, and yes, your grades. When I finally transferred to Baker and they looked at my grades I'm sure they thought: Slacker, but I've realized grades mean everything and have worked hard to earn my 3.10!

When I tell my friends about Baker I brag the most about my admissions counselor and the teachers. My admissions counselor treated me as if she was the one sitting in my seat, she personally contacted me after I scheduled my classes and helped me change my schedule around because she remembered that I worked full time. Also, the teachers really love what they're doing they personally assist anyone who wants the help.

Philip

My classmates are eager to learn hands on.

If I could go back in time, I would have told myself to apply for scholarships non-stop for a year straight in order to pay for my college. I would also tell myself to work harder academically.

LaNecia

The classmates are very helpful when you do not understand what the teacher is talking about.

If I could go back in the time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would tell myself to stop playing around and start looking into some schools. Looking at one school is not good enough. Also look into some scholarships about the schools you think you want to attend. That would be all the advise i would give myself. I like everything that I did while I was in high school. Every thing turned out great and it went just the way I like. I would not want to go back and change the past so the future can look better.

The thing I consider the best thing about my school is how they help you get a job in the fill you are taking up. The reason why I say this is because I really do not know to many schools that would help you find a job while you are still in the program. Also you can get special help with an assignment that you do not understand.

Baker College of Clinton Township administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.