Bates College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Bates College

Hayley

I love this place! I'm a freshman and have only been here a little over 3 months, but so far my experience at Bates has been great. There's a strong sense of community and everyone looks out for and helps one another, and while classes can be very difficult, the professors are generally accessible and want us to succeed. There's tons of extracurricular opportunities as well, there's generally something happening every night and it seems pretty easy to get involved.

Will

We visited Bates recently and it was the nicest school we saw in Maine, Vermont and Mass. It has a very communal feeling and the location of the school in the neighborhood of the town is simply fantastic. The town is edgy but is very convenient to Maine attractions and transportation. The facilities are lovely and the students were all very helpful in helping us navigate things. We just got the feeling there was a lot of school spirit and the students were all very friendly and outgoing. The new residences that opened this fall were beyond spectacular and the food was tops. Highly Recommend.

s

Stunning, elite institution. There is nothing I found fault with.

Brianna

Bates College is a truly awesome place. The people are so friendly and interesting, and are welcoming to everyone. The community within Bates as well as in the city of Lewiston is a very special one, and being able to interact and get out in the community is such a great experience. Bates has helped shape me as a person and I am grateful for it!

Anais

If you're looking for a small, liberal arts education with very limited distractions, Bates College may be the place for you. Bates College is extremely small and personally, I find the small environment to be a perfect place to live in. It's extremely easy to gain leadership experience and have a close connection with students + teachers. However, if you're really big into sports, this division three school might not have the largest fan base.

viuro

Bates is so calm and mysterious. Everyone is intellectually motivated and are very persuasive in convincing other scholars there point of view. Intellectual debate is encouraged by all staff members. Bates highlights that there are so many people from different backgrounds and understanding their perspective on different issues will completely strengthen your views or change them. The classes are so small that you feel the sense of community and understanding that scholars and the staff want the best for everyone. The professors are always willing to help those who ask for help. You will never be turned away unless you attend at an outrageous hour. Bates isn’t just about academics,but also sports. There are so many sports teams that you don’t have to be good at sports in order to make some of the teams. We have so many activities going on that you could sometimes wonder how we get our classwork done? One of the craziest experiences is the super bowl game where they ordered over a 100 wings to watch the game. Am not really a football fan,but I was inspired to attend. That is another annoying thing that keeps spreading on campus. Inspiration. You see so many scholar led activities that you now become inspired to get involved too. You can see scholars helping out the foreign kids or helping the elderly who come for breakfast. I am inspired to be a better person just being on campus. I am a very quiet person so applying to Bates resonated with me. My experience has been anything,but quite.

Adam

I've had good college experiences at Bates, but I know that many of the aspects that I wanted to be better would have been improved by a larger school. It is too small, night life is wack. There are many opportunities for outdoor activities and academics but if I were to do it over I wouldn't come here.

Brihanna

Bates College has always been a bigger part of the Lewiston/Auburn area, they host many events and provide a restaurant open to the public, but I do think they are a tad bit prestigious​ with their sports teams, they are often cherished more than the others of the school.

Caleb

Bates is a beautiful small college with professors who care deeply about their students and who are always happy to speak with students if they need help. The dining commons are especially excellent. Academics and courses are also superb. The Bates Outing Club is amazing and they go on kinds of trips all over the country.