Bemidji, MN
Bemidji State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Bemidji State University

Paige

Bemidji State University is a small feeling school with people who loves outdoors and sports outside of athletics. The professors and facility members are extremely welcoming and are there whenever you need something. The class sizes are extremely huge and that's where your small school feel comes into play. I would recommend this school to anyone looking for somewhere to go.

Bradley

Bemidji State University is focused on helping students achieve their dreams. Academically, professors and teachers are always ready to answer any question a student will ask. They provide regular office hours, as well as their email for the student's convenience. Students also have easy access to the library, recreational center, and tutors. Lakeside, the campus food court, offers a wide range of ethnically diverse meals. The lake provides many recreational opportunities for students on the lake including fishing, ice fishing, swimming, kayaking, and more. It is even used for academic purposes such as freshman biology lab practices. Overall, my opinion of Bemidji State University is a great one. I have had quality experiences that bring me hope for the future.

Miranda

It's in a great location and is great for the outdoors type of person. I do wish that some of the professors would be better at explaining things. I wish that there would be a little bit more healthy options around campus to eat. Overall Bemidji State is a great college

Alex

Bemidji State University's tuition was a big reason for my decision. The campus is beautiful and the city continues to grow everyday. I came here expecting college to be a glorious stage of life and I receive exactly that. After the first few weeks I realized that this was the best place for me to be! The sports here are very amazing and the fan base is very passionate! I have no regrets!

Sara

Bemidji state is a very welcoming environment from students and staff. The community is very close and there is always activities to do on campus. I love how the campus has a lake view that most colleges do not. Over all Bemidji is best decision I made because of the positive atmosphere and people here. The food on the Walnut Hall is not to die for at all and Lakeskde cafeteria is fairly decent. The best and over all positive thing about Bemidji is that everyone helps everyone and no one is left out.

Danica

I love it here. I have met a lot of nice people, class sizes are medium, so they aren't big, but not little either. One thing I don't like is that it is 4 hours away from my hometown. There are tunnels on campus so you don't have to go outside in the winter, except for what we call the 50 yard dash, which is a little area where from one dorm to another the tunnels don't connect

Gabriella

Bemdji State University is best known for its education and wildlife managment programs. The school is also well knwon for its location. The school is located by Bemidji lake and Bemidji State Park.

What makes my school unique compared to other schools is its ecofriendly design and goal to be a sustainable school.

Jenna

homecoming, football and hockey games, CAB events, random events, ice-cream socials

nice, easy going, attentive, friendly, hard workers

Meagan

Bemidji State is best known for being a "green" school, they do alot of ecological friendly events and activities

Class sizes are fairly small, it is located in northern Minnesota so there are alot of trees and fresh air, its next to native american reservations so there is alot of opportunity to learn about a new culture.

Sara

I don’t have much time, so let me be straight with you about some things that will save you future grief. Let’s talk about the facts first. You grew up in the Rockies; were from a single-parent-home and one of many bullied, smelly-poor-fat-kids. Your mom died of cancer when you were eleven, you moved in with your legal guardians, then in with your father, then across the country to Door County, Wisconsin back with your aunt and uncle. You will go to college at BSU in August, and in November, your dad will also pass and soon thereafter, the grandmother that raised you. As an eighteen-year-old your tribe is mostly gone. You’ve seen your fair share of loss and it’s complicated and shaken your adolescence. Never let anyone convince you that you are broken. You are whole. You will graduate twice with honors just because you wanted to, not because anyone pushed you to do it. You will be independent, published, loving, and proud. You will make a commitment to lifelong learning and sustainable happiness. Go through these years with humility, independence, dignity, love for yourself, and inspired tenacity.

I wish that I would have known myself better before coming to college. I think that having more confidence would have warranted a different group of individuals with which I became friends. However, Bemidji has a certain draw in the sense that it has indeed helped me figure out just who I am and what I want to become. I would give prospective students to get involved in everything on campus and off and not to be choosy or closed-minded about people they first meet because often the best of friends in Bemidji come from the most unlikely places.

On a practical level, I will say that I appreciate a good winter. However, Bemidji is not a place for everyone. Things get blustery to say the least. Seasonal depression is a very real thing. It is important that newcomers prepare themselves with productive activities to do throughout the inclement winters be that music, art, ice fishing, cross-country skiing. Additionally, BSU has an interesting mix of liberal studies majors and the seemingly more practical degrees. In my opinion, I believe that a challenge here has been to help administration see the value and importance of both kinds of education.

Bemidji State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.