Jasper, AL
Bevill State Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Bevill State Community College

MaLea

The classes are small and you know everybody; it has that hometown feel to it.

The classes are small and you know everybody; it has that hometown feel to it.

I would not have been so shy and would have taken more risks and would have furthered my education.

Anyone who is willing to succeed to have a better life for themselves and their family.

Bevill State Community College is best known for having such a low tuition. If you cannot make those required costs, there is very nice staff that help with payment plans and to fill out your FAFSA.

You made the right decision by starting out at a community college to have a smooth transition into college. Scholarships should be your main focus on getting at the very start. Do not procrastinate.

If I had to choose someone that shouldn't attend Bevill State, is someone who loves to be engaged in many activities and clubs. Not many students get involved here because most live locally and want to go home directly after classes.

I would tell myself to not be afraid to go out and get involved on campus. I attended Jacksonville State my first year of college, and I only got somewhat involved. I know I would have been happier if I had been more involved because at Bevill I made myself do things on campus and loved every minute of my time at Bevill. I also would tell myself to not be so shy and just talk to people and make friends because basically everyone is just as scared and nervous about college as I was when I first started.

I loved everything about Bevill State. The class sizes were perfect in my opinion. Everyone was very friendly, and all the teachers genuinely care about their students. Every experience I have of Bevill is a positive one. The only thing negative is that I wish there was more to do there because I love getting involved and would have loved to have done even more. I think anyone would be happy with Bevill State as long as they make an effort.

The faculty is probably my favorite thing about Bevill State. They are all extremely friendly yet strict when needed. They truly care about each and every student and want them to succeed and do the best that they can. They are always willing to help when the student is struggling. They are all very great.

Kathryn

Bevill State is an outstanding school. The teachers and staff are very helpful. Bevill State is not only a school longing to help kids get an education but it also helps kids start their future.

If I was able to go back in time and talk to myself as a senior in high school, I would say a lot to try and prepare myself. One of the major things I would tell myself is do not get caught up in 'freshman fun'. A lot of kids starting their first year of college experience freedom. Freedom from rules, parents, and even laws. In consequence of all this, grades tend to drop by students not showing up for class, not completing their assignments on time, etc. I've been there and realized that that is not the road I wanted to take and not the reason why I applied for college courses. I would also tell myself that college takes a lot of time and effort to make the grades you want to be able to succeed in one's major. I would tell myself to step back, take a deep breath, set some goals for my future and meet those goals, and still be able to have fun at the same time. (but not too much fun)

There are no limits to who would want to attend this school. Bevill State is open to anyone of any race, religion, color, and gender. Mentioned before, Bevill State is there for the education of 'kids', not any specifics.

Angela

Most of my classmates are young students, recently graduated from high schools. There are a few working adult students.

I would advise myself to first learn how to control my temper and emotions. I would then advise myself to give more attention and weight to the advice of adults and others who have already had the college experience. I would also advise myself to be more studious and work harder on my school work to prepare myself for the college experience. I would also advise myself to start making preparations to go to college by trying to save more money and doing more research about what is required to be a successful college student. I would also try to develop better study habits for classes that are a challenge to me. I would make contact with college counselors to start the process of networking towards a positive college experience. I would also reiterate to myself that college is a more independent endeavor than high school, so I need to be more self-motivated with my work and study habits.

I wish I had known how to get more financial aid for myself and my daughters.

Haley

I would tell my self not to worry so much about grades. Yes, grades are important and should be second on the list but worry about helping your community. Other things that I would tell myself would be to study and learn to take responsibility. I would say to myself "take home your books and ready a little each night, doing this will take care of your grades without even trying all that hard." I would say to learn while your in high school to take responsibility for yourself and do things for yourself because college is a different world especially if you move out. There are people willing to help you but you have to know exactly what you want and just simply ask for direction. Knowing what you want to do with your life as far as your career goes can even cut down on the length of time you spend in school. So I would say "Haley, take responsibility and study but remember after this spend time with your friends cause in a few months you will have to make new ones and learn to live for yourself."

I wish that I would have known how to study properly. I was use to studying the night before, possibly even right before the test. In college you have to study a little bit each night and I wish I would have known just how important that was.

The really small class sizes and the fact that the town is very much like home and very safe.

Chelsea

My classmates in previous classes were very friendly, helpful, and easy to be around.

If I could travel back in time to my senior year of high school and give myself advice, I would tell myself this: Start working hard now. Dont wait until you get into college to give your best. You will do great in college, I have witnessed it myself. You have made the Deans List and was invited to join Phi Theta Kappa. Don't give up and give the rest of high school and your future in college your best effort.

I wish I had made up my mind earlier about a major and a plan for my life.

Bevill State Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.