Fall River, MA
Bristol Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Bristol Community College

raymond

The college is a decent community college and offers everything that a typical community college does, but if you plan on pursuing any kind of science degree while you have a full time job during the day, it is nearly impossible.

Donna

This school is multi racial, economical (for Ma. residents especially) and very co-operative with students.

The advice I have for my high school self would have to be "STAY IN SCHOOL"! Do not quit at 16, because even though you'll have your GED before your class graduates you will not return to school untill you are in your 40's and you won't finish your degree untill you are in your mid 50's. Trying to finance college, at this age, without amassing student loans is not an easy endeavor. With your academic acumen and the fact that you come from an underprivileged family you will have more financial opportunities available to further your education.

I wish I had known what courses would have transferred to a 4 yr. college in the field I am progressing in.

Bristol Community College is the best for my situation; they saved me from a huge university debt, got me on the best career path, and make getting a degree as simple as possible.

If I could talk to my senior self, I would warn myself to start saving early. I went to the University of Kentucky for half of a semester and now owe them over $9000. Had I started saving all of the money I earned senior year, I would owe $3500, not $9000. It's still a lot of money, but it's a sum I find easier to pay off.

The staff works as hard as they can to give myself and all of the other students the best college experience. If I need help, they go completely out of their way to help me. They gave me step by step instructions on what to do to register, what website to visit, where to find the list of classes I'll need and what code to put in my FAFSA application. They also help other students however they can with a monthly food drive and occasional contests to earn a little extra money to pay what we need to.

Brian

My classmates are eager to acomplish any tasks assigned to complete the class to transfer with an associates degree to a different institution.

The advice that I would give myself as a high school senior would be to work hard and keep my grades up, because this forms good habits for when you get in to college. It is also very important to explore all your options for each college to figure out which ones offer the major of study you are looking for. I would advise myself that I am not locked in to any one major, so even if I am unsure of what I want to do, it is still ok to attend college. Most colleges require the same core courses, along with some electives, which may lead you to pick a different major than what you thought you wanted. Most importantly, I'd advise myself to start college right away instead of putting it off, even if I have to start at a community college, or even just taking one course at a time for financial or family reasons.

a person should attend this insutitution if they would like a degree in a certain program that would like to save money by going here instead of a bigger institution, or somebody who works during the day and then can go to classes at night, or someone who is just on limited funds.

brittany

I can still rermember my senior year of high school vividly. I was so involved in extracurricular activities, and so bogged down by the stress of college applications and SAT's, I did not ever learn how to relaxe, and take things in stride. Being a sophmore in college, I feel like I finally learned how to destressify my life, and gained the ability to learn that life will go on even if things don't go exactly according to my plans. If I had to go back to my high school self, I would give myself the advice to prioritize things, and to understand that it is impossible for one person to do everything. I would tell myself that it is okay to accept help from others when needed, because in the end I can learn more from others then I can from myself. All in all, I feel like all the things I did as a high school senior I did to try and secure the most benefical future I could for myself. Being slightly older, and I suppose wiser, I learned how important it is to just try my best, and not to be the best.

Having transfered to Bristol Community College for my "sophmore year" I was a little skeptical to transiton from a state college to a community college. I feel like the best thing about my school is the specialized and personalized attention that my peers and I receive. Not only is there attention in the classroom, and ample time for student/teacher interaction, but they care about us just as much outside the classroom as they do in the classroom. The best thing about my school is the professors want to be there, and want to see us succeed in future endevors.

I wish I had known a little more about the many transfe/articulation agreements that the school has for its students. I wasn't sure what my options were as a transfer student to the school, and then from the school once I graduated. Starting the school in the fall, I was a little fuzzy about what my concerete, solid options I had for my collegiate future.

Tamra

I believe any transition of getting out of high school is very challanging. I moved from Wisconsin just for my boyfriend but then after a year of living here I need a college education to get further in life then Cumberland Farms. So just being possitive and advacating for yourself in life will take you far in life. Not be negative when something hard comes a long when stuggle in a class, just get a personal, free tutor right on campus. When get started in college get all of your class the way you want not what friend are doing. You are going to college for yourself not them. Get your books right away when you can because when college start whether you have them or not your class is still going to go on and you will get homework the first day so best just to get books before class start. Good luck be possitive, make friend, get homework done on time., be a adavcate for yourself.

I believe the best thing about Bristol Community College is that every teacher is while to commidate with your need has long has you avacate yourself. Also, if a professor sees you are struggling they are willing to try to help you in every way possibe like open office hours or after class. There it is not just about college you can get invloved with many different clubs, organization, sports. Also, they have personal tutor for you to get for any subject and do not cost you a dime.

I do not have a worst thing about Bristol Community College. Unless you talk about the parking but it is a very popular school so the parking lot is going to be crazy and alway full during class time.

Bristol Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.