California Institute of Technology Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for California Institute of Technology

Abraham

Micheal Jordan once said, “Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence win championships." While one can grow on their own, being able to collaborate with others can elevate their growth to unimaginable heights. I hope to work closely and build connections with my fellow peers at Caltech, growing as a community and as a cohort. I first fell in love with technology when I attended the Thomas Jefferson Technology Summer Camp and realized the possibilities it offered for helping people all around the world. Through computer science languages like Node.js, Python, HTML5, Javascript, Django, and the inner and outer chasms of cybersecurity, I want to work to benefit my community. This could involve using C++ to enhance network security in order to defend against cyber-attacks that could potentially hurt the well-being and stability of small businesses, automating efficient food and resource transport for under-developed locations all around the world through the means of electric vehicle transportation, or even enhancing the support systems in the command center of NASA’s facilities and shuttles. With these countless ideas and goals in mind, I hope that at Caltech, the brilliant students in our cohort will support one another in our missions to benefit society and continue to grow in order to bring our innovative ideas to fruition. I firmly believe that in order to reach my goal with the support of like-minded individuals, I will need to involve myself in the Caltech community and be a compassionate, attentive, and open-minded listener and innovator.

Anna

I love Caltech. The people are truly amazing, and everyone is so diverse in opinion. I can easily talk to anyone from Nobel laureates, student scientists, all my professors, and more with ease. The academics are challenging, but really fulfilling when you assess how much you have learned over short periods of time. However, I do believe that the school can do better in terms of promoting diversity.

Teresa

It is a wonderful school. While the classes are quite challenging, the support system is incredible. Everyone collaborates to find solutions to problems instead of fighting against each other to reach the top. It is a small campus, but that just makes the sense of community even stronger. Our focus may be academics, but every student has his/her own hobby that others are likely to enjoy too. We are proud of our school.

Ralphael

It's a great school that I cant wait to get into. The people there are very friendly and outgoing, the academic scene really demonstrates how important learning is and the campus gives a comfortable home feeling. The school and people try their best to make you feel welcome and that's what I love about it.