Carson, CA
California State University-Dominguez Hills

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend California State University-Dominguez Hills

Stefany

I would tell them to do more reasearch on the choice of school they want to go. And not to let the financial issues stop them from attending any school they want to go.

I would have love to know of all the things they offer for the students and have a little more information about all the departments. All the student life and activities they have. I feel like now that I'm here there's not to do, it feels more of a commuting school. That people just come here to go school and then go home.

Jarrett

Culturally diverse body of students.

Culturally diverse body of students.

I went the community college route which allowed a lot of exploration in different general fields. This was great because I was not positive on what I was going to study right away. I was able to save a lot of money and still transfer to a great college. I also saved money by staying at home with my family. I think that you shouldn't put to much pressure on deciding which school fits your lifestyle and what you think you might do with your life and feel forced to attend a 4 year school. Community college still lets you discover yourself.

Marissa

My school has a great learning environment. It's like a home away from home for me.

My advice to you would be to make sure you go to visit the college that you plan on attending and check to see if they have a summer program for entering freshman to get used to the campus and the college life.

The most frustrating thing about my school is that sometimes its difficult to get information that you need from people in the financial aid office .

Graciela

CSUDH is unique in several ways. One, the size is just right. Not to big, not too small. The interaction with our professors is great. They are always available when ever they are needed. They also know the majority of the students by their name and not a number. Overall, its unique because I have met long term friends that i will keep in touch for the rest of my life.

My advice to parents and/ students about finding the right college and making the most of the college experience are several things; 1. Start doing your research a soon as possible. 2. Narrow down your school choices to your top three Universities. 3. Apply for FAFSA as early as your senior year in high school, and continue to apply every year. 4. Visit your top three schools of your choice and make sure they offer your major. A big mistake many students make is attend a University that is close to home but does not offer thier major. They not only waist time but also money. 5. Meet with an advisor every year to set a guideline of your courses. 6. Visit the dorms before you move in. 7. Meet with your professors, allow them to get to know you. 8. Get involve in the clubs and organizations. 9. Take a leadership role in your campus, such as the president if an organization. 10. Network with as many peers as possible. 11. Form study groups. 12. Buy a catalog of your campus. 13. Attend summer school, that is key for someone like myself that wants to graduate in four years.

California State University Dominguez Hills is a school that you can learning alot in your classes but one is also able to network with our peers. It the #2 most diversified Cal State in Southern Califonia. I love being a member of (LSBA) Latino Student Businness Association. LSBA is the biggest organization on campus and has become my extended family. Everyone is very welcoming and great friends.

Monica

CSU Dominguez Hills is a great school over all. The Prefessors will take that extra step to help the student.

Move out and live oncampus....living at home sucks!

Abrianna

I would advise parents and/or students to research the school first before applying. Make sure the campus offers an acceptional amount of accessibility for vital campus information. I would reccomend that the student and/or parent research the level of diversity at the school, the on and off campus activities, and the local community.

Not being able to get immediate help from faculty, staff, and/or at advisors is a big problem.

Kymberly

visit the school and go with your gut feeling

visit the school and go with your gut feeling

i think the lay out of the school is very helpful and user friendly

laid back, good to greaat students. anyone who wants to learn and communicate with their professors

Rhonda

I would start by saying take your time with what college you decide on. Think about what's important to you. If you prefer certain things in a college you should set out to find a college with these quilifications. Also, visit the campus before you start to get a feel for the school. Don't try to do things on your own. If you are unsure of something or have question contact the school. One thing in particular that i wish I would have done was meet with a advising counselor and let them map out your college career, so you'll know what courses to take down your journey of classes. If you need help I learned the hard way, but schools offer tutoring so look into it if you have doubt or stuggle. If you feel uncomfortable to ask a question you can e-mail the teacher or set up for tutoring right on campus and have a one-on-one session to receive the extra help you need. If you are interested in joining a club look around and take your time and dont be afraid people are nicer and more helpful then what they seem.

I wish that I would have known for my major that this school doesn't particularly catering to afternoon and night classes in the field of biology. Dominguez offers one class and its right in the middle of the day making it hard to take classes when I work in the morning. I'm off work at 1:30, but there aren't many classes for upper division course that I need that are availiable for me to take when I get off like at other schools I would have found another one.

I would have to say the same as above. I have to work due to just losing financial aid (had 2 deaths in the family) and was unble to attend class. So I need to be able to take classes in the afternoon and night and they really didnt have much to chose from so i had to take on a minor so I wouldn't just be taking random classes just to be enrolled in something. This was the most frustrating thing!

California State University-Dominguez Hills administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.