Capital University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Capital University

Erin

It is great for nursing and music. It is a small campus where everyone sort of knows of everyone. Smaller campus and classes allow for more opportunities related to your major-- internships, gigs, etc. Campus housing isn't great, food is okay, but they offer lots of scholarships.

Aislynn

It is a very small school and, because of this, feels very much like high school. Admissions does a good job of reeling you in. Academics are good and people are nice. Columbus is a great city but unless you have reliable transportation in and out of the city, the Uber rides can get expensive. I find it hard to take pride in my school. If I knew that this is what it was going to be, I would not have made this choice.

Ninamarie

Capital University is a great sized smaller campus. The walk to class is less than 5 minutes anywhere on campus. The friendships made here are great and people do care about everyone! The professors are nice and are very open to meeting with you outside the classroom. All class sizes are perfect with about 20-25 students in every class. Cute community of Bexley with lots of great shops and is located in Columbus with endless things to do. People are extremely friendly on campus and I have never felt unsafe.

madison

When I firt started at Capital I was unsure if I was going to fit in or like it. That quickly went away. I join in a few clubs and met a lot of people. I was able to connect with my professors and that has made it all positive for me. Capital is a great school and I look forward to finishing my college career here.

When I was looking for a college I looked for the basics such as major, tuition, etc. but the promise of Cap Fam got me curious.Capital University prizes itself on Cap Fam. I never realized how true a statement was until my first day at Capital. The whole campus came together to move the first years into our dorms. The president was even there. But it made me think how important everyone is to the Cap Fam. Once you are a member of Cap Fam you are always part of Cap Fam. Through my first year at Capital University I've learned a lot about myself. The people I have met pushed me to grow as a person. I loved Capital so much I became an orientation leader to bring other new students into the Cap Fam! Overall my opinion of Capital University is highly positive!

Ary

It's a great school as they definitely academically challenge you to help you succeed. As a commuter, I did have a great time, but there are not as many extracurriculars as one would expect, however it is a small school so it is understandable. Overall amazing school and great class sizes!

Warda

Excellent criminology/ sociology/ psychology major courses. Library resources available. Excellent free resources. Average number of student in classroom is satisfying. Get in contract with advisories and professors. Places to study are available. Choosing your own majors and excellent environment.

Emma

I LOVE Capital. Bexley is a great city, our campus is beautiful, and our education is top notch. The campus is old, but is being updated building by building. Class sizes are small, professors are involved in students' education, and there are SO many ways to get involved on campus.

David

Capital is a great university with alot of nice staff and interesting students. Its a beautiful campus in the heart of Bexley with so many shops and cool stores. Everyone is so nice and they professors help you in your education as much as they possibly can. The parking spaces are nice and wide and the weather is always nice.

Autumn

Although Capital University has its quirks, so does every other University. No college is perfect, but Capital is the perfect fit for me! I immediately fell for the campus and the family feel it has. I have always felt at home here, and I would never choose another place over this one, that has quickly and definitely become my true home.

Courtney

I think Capital University is an amazing university. The class sizes are more on the low side which is great because a smaller class size allows students to engage more one-on-one with the professors. The professors, themselves, are wonderful. Every single professor that I've had classes with has been extremely helpful always accessible for me to reach out to. Capital University takes so much pride in their academics and their extracurricular activities, their is a wide rage of majors and minors as well as clubs, sports, activities and programs. I love my university.

Yaiqan

Capital is not only a fun place to be but it offers many opportunities for students of all walks of life to participate in a dialogue no matter their background or culture. As a student i feel there is always someone for me to talk to whether it be their fantastic staff of wonderful students.

Jenna

Capital University is home to me. The students, professors, and campus environment are like no one. Peers grow close through all different types of conversations whether it be sports, politics, arts, academics, hobbies, etc. There is something for everyone at Capital and I couldn't imagine being anywhere else.

Marissa

My overall opinion of Capital University is that it's a wonderful school. I feel comfortable here, and it's my home. Everyone is super friendly, and my professors are always willing to help, which makes a large difference. It helps you feel motivated and on top of all of your assignments. It is truly a remarkable place. I love it! #capfam

Tiffany

Honestly, I love Capital University. The school is small, and in a safe area. Our teachers are always available for us. The class size isn't too big. Our academics are a great challenge. Everyone is nice, and we all help each other out. Capital University is a giant family and I am blessed to be here.

Tristan

Overall, I have been pretty happy with my choice in attending Capital University. It has given me the opportunity to continue my athletic career while furthering my education in fields that I take interest in. The class sizes are not overwhelming and actually tend to be involving. The professors are very willing to work with you to better your overall experience. Plus it's proximity to downtown Columbus and Ohio State gives for some great off campus experiences.

Jillian

I love Capital. I chose the school because I wanted small class sizes where I could talk to the professor whenever I needed to since I have some anxiety with schooling and testing. The professors WANT you to succeed and are dedicated to helping their students graduate on time. The entire atmosphere is fun and inviting. The campus is also beautiful.

Malori

It is a very comfortable atmosphere there is always music playing somewhere. very small campus and tight knit community. Very much and intellectual atmosphere. I would highly recommend it. On campus there are so many different clubs you can get involved in. On campus we have a huge greek life presents, and we also practice greek unity. the most reassuring thing though is that all of the campus police are actual trained and certified police officer and not officers in training.

Kassandra

I knew capital university was the school for me from the moment my friends and I started our tour during my senior year of high school. The homey nature of the campus and the friendliness of the people who attend and work at the school really caught my attention, even students who don't work for the school are always offering a helping hand or offering directions to people who need it. Classes are small enough to have a personal connection with your peers and faculty members, and many professors and even school administrators make themselves available nearly 24/7 to help students in any many ways as they are able. #CapFam is the real deal

Leticia

It’s a great school with great opportunities and a safe environment. It’s amazing and there’s a great vibe at school. Everyone is friendly and helpful. The professors are always available and exited to help you learn. There are so many activities on campus that help us feel like a great and united family.

Over all Capital University is an average university. I would recommend Capital to anyone who likes a small school where everyone knows everyone. I would also recommend this school to anyone who is majoring in the arts such as, visual arts or preforming arts. The class sizes are smaller so you get to know your professor and can have one on one time with them to really understand information. The heating and cooling system in the dorms needs to be up dated and the cafeteria food is not good.

Capital University is a very safe and welcoming place. All of the dorms require a valid ID for entry, as do all of the academic buildings after hours. Bexley is a safe city, and I feel very secure on campus. The professors are helpful and supportive, and they are there for you whenever you need them. Most of them will even give you their cell phone number.

Claudia

Cap. Law is a gem deep in Downtown Columbus. Its faculty are some of the top lawyers in their areas of expertise and its location cannot possibly be surpassed. I fell in love with the institution as soon as I set foot at the door! Bexley campus is also absolutely stunning and with equally great faculty!

Savannah

Capital is located in a very nice town, on a street with tons of shops, eateries and recreations. It is a small campus, which is really nice, as you can get from one end to the other in five minutes. It's an old campus, so the dorms are outdated and not the best. Capital has recently changed food service providers, so the food is much better than it has been in the past. But even if you get tired of dining room food, there are plenty of places around to get a bite to eat. There are a variety of extracurriculars and groups to take part in on campus, from Yarn Club to Greek life to CHAARG. The professors are generally very kind and understanding, as well as available. Even with its drawbacks, Capital is a great school and I'm glad I chose to attend it.

Alyssa

I like Capital University a lot. The small campus is wonderful and very beautiful. I personally love the student to teacher ratio because the professors are more accessible and willing to help you when needed. I do wish the dorms offered a little more for the money which is why I commute. And, a better place on campus for commuters with hours between classes would be great. Overall, I am glad I chose Capital University.

Capital University is a very nice school. The classes are all usually small so the professors are able to work more one on one with students. At Capital, you never feel like you are just a number. There is always at least one professor that you can talk to about anything. If you want to change your major, your advisor is almost always available during their office hours and the process is fairly quick. The biggest complaint among most students is that the campus food is not amazing. It won't make you sick, but it's definitely the kind of food you would expect with large serving sizes. The housing is not terrible, but with how much you pay for room and board, you would think that all of the dorms would have air-conditioning. Capital has an AMAZING music program. The music professors are extremely knowledgeable, and the education you get is priceless. The professors help you prepare for when you graduate no matter what music major you are a part of. I have heard that the nursing program at Capital is an excellent program as well, though I can 't say much else about it. Overall, if you can look past the food and housing, Capital is a great university to obtain your college degree.

Leticia

Capital is a nice small school that’s also very safe. Everyone gets along and there isn’t much drama so overall it’s very quiet and a great place to get your bachelors degree from. For the most part students and professors get along great and we’re like a big family.

Kaeleigh

The academics here are stellar. The professors here are really nice and want the best for you and your future. They really try and want to get to know you. Here you are a person, not just a number. The students here are nice and are welcoming. There lots of different clubs to join. It is very easy to get involved on campus. Overall it’s a very good school, and a great place to receive your education.

Alexa

Capital University is a great school! It’s not too big, not too small. The campus is really inviting and really makes students feel at home. Capital also has many great opportunities for students. It’s also located in a great area with so many activities to partake in.

I really like Capital! The classes are small which make it nice to be able to form a connection to your professors! I'm actually triple majoring in Psychology, Sociology, and Criminology and the track they set up for that is better than anywhere else! They are very helpful and the most I've waited for a response from anyone on campus was 3 days and that was only because it was the holiday. Best private school in the state!

Audrey

I love learning there! My professors are always available to talk with me. We don’t just have a regular advising office, each student is matched with their own individual academic advisor! My advisor is my voice teacher, which is amazing because I already have class with him twice each week, and he knows what’s I’m like during choir and in the musical and opera, so he knows what my career goals are and everything! It’s so amazing how much personal attention we get here. My University President knows me by name, and she comes to all our big choir concerts and other performances. I feel extremely supported by our offices of student success as well. One that sticks out to me is the Office of Student and Community Engagement! They provide tons of opportunities for Community Outreach efforts, as well as oversee all the clubs on campus, helping to get students involved. They’re also in charge of Orientation, so that the first faces you see as you become a new student. Purple Power!!

Maggie

Capital University is a unique community, perfectly placed in bustling Bexley, Ohio. The location allows for a big city feel, but the small student count allows for you to feel like a part of a family here. Student resources are endless, making anyone from a scared freshman to a knowing senior feel at home here.

Hadiatou

It's nice how small the school is and the class size and the likelihood of having access to professors is very high compared to large campuses. However, the school is very expensive and there isn't a lot of diversity. It's a tad bit boring but I don't mind because I'm only there strictly for my education, nothing more nothing less. I definitely feel like I'm still in high school because of how the engagement levels are with the professors and students and simply the fact that I see the same faces around campus. I also strongly suggest that the school provides more "Woke" events for students because a lot of them are blind to what reality is and the things going on in the world.

Amelia

I love Capital University. All of my professors have been wonderful and seem to really care about me. The staff is also wonderful and very friendly. There are tons of organizations to get involved with, there is something for everybody. It is close to grocery stores and restaurants.

Kaylee

I have been to Capital multiple times for visits. I even stayed there for an overnight. It was super fun. I met the Women's Basketball coaches. I plan on playing basketball at Capital. It has felt like home ever since I took my first step onto the campus. I would recommend everyone to at least visit it once or twice!

Nicky

Capital University is a small liberal arts university that gives what its students want. There are plenty of opportunities in the classroom and out of the classroom. The professors are friendly and willing to work with the students so that they can succeed.

Austin

Capital University is a private university located in Bexley, Ohio. With just over 3,300 undergraduate students Capital is small enough that the campus has a close-knit feel but also large enough that students are able to find distinct communities. These communities include our Conservatory of Music, Division III sports, Greek life, and dozens of independent student organizations. Capital is located only 15 minutes away from downtown Columbus and offers access to hundreds of internships and jobs. During my time on campus, I worked with two government organizations. Most classes I participated in had under 25 students, and professors will know you by name. You are able to form close relationships with both faculty and staff. Capital is an excellent option for students looking to study in a large city while enjoying the benefits that come with a smaller campus.

Brady

Capital University is just like any other place. It is diverse and full of culture if you know where to look. The campus itself is beautiful and the arboretum of Bexley is one of my favorite pieces to Capital University. Capital University is a great school with a lot to offer its students. Capital Is a great school and it goes without saying that students who decide to go here don't regret it.

Kayce

I think it's a wonderful school with an amazing sense of community and trust between the students and faculty. Not only do they have a wonderful academic program but they're very big on helping the community in anyways they can. I can't wait to be a part of it.

Zachary

I really enjoyed my visit to the campus. The campus itself was absolutely beautiful

Amelia

There’s mold in the dorms and I had to move out of them because I was getting sick 2-3 times/year and couldn’t breathe. The up tuition every year like crazy. If you’re not nursing, ECE, music, or another very common major, you’re gonna have a rough time getting into the classes you want when you want because it’s such a small school. Parking is TERRIBLE. You pay for a parking pass but if you get to school after about 10am there will be no spots and you’ll have to park on the road. Professors are nice but that’s about it. Commuter life isn’t great, resident life is pretty terrible. Awful food, awful dorms. But they have small class sizes, you will for sure make friends, and you’ll get to know people in your program. If those things aren’t important to you- you won’t find anything good here.