Castleton, VT
Castleton University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Castleton University

Fixed  rate loan

Fixed  rate loan

Lexie

Honestly, I love Castleton. I feel completely at home here. The staff, professors, and even my peers make me feel welcomed. I am known by my name at Castleton and not my Student ID number. We take such care of the people around us. I couldn't think of a better place for me to be perusing my higher education.

Sierra

Castleton has a phenomenal academic program with accreditation in multiple degrees, including social work and nursing; however, it goes above and beyond academics, with over 60 clubs to choose from and weekend activities. As I have begun to get more involved, this quaint campus has become a second home for me, as it does for most. Additionally, the small size of the campus allows us to have more personal relationships with our professors and students alike. The professors will learn your name and personality. They are also often available to receive assistance from. If you are unable to make it to a professor's office hours, they are often rather efficient at responding to emails. You are likely to see the same students quite often, allowing you to create a greater bond with them. Although it may not be perfect, it’s perfect for me! I would highly suggest checking it out to see if it may be perfect for you too!

Tyler

I enjoyed visiting the Campus and intend on attending Castleton in the Fall Semester. It is a beautiful campus with very extrodinary scenerys. Not only do I feel safe to live and learn here, but I feel as if I'm home. The young adults attending the University seemed respectful and well mannered.

Alexander

My motivation for pursuing university-level study is to obtain the knowledge and experience necessary to work as an Athletic Trainer. Castleton University has an amazing Athletic Training Program and it’s tailored to students, like me, who thrive in a hands-on learning environment. With that said, I believe I have found the perfect college for me to succeed; small classes and hands-on teaching in a field I have always wanted to pursue. In addition, this college has recruited me to wrestle, a sport that I love and has given me so much pleasure. It’s a small liberal arts school in Vermont, with a beautiful campus, and friendly students. During my campus visit, the staff was very welcoming and made me fill at home. There are plenty of extracurricular activities, an excellent choice of food options in the dining hall, and great dorm rooms. I was also pleased to hear the college is “sports friendly”; meaning, students in nursing and health-related fields are able to participate in sports. At some colleges, it’s difficult for students in these fields to be involved in sports due to required “lab” time requirements for medical-related classes. Another big selling point is their internship program. I believe an internship will improve my chances of obtaining employment after graduation. Lastly, the college is in good standings with the Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education (CAATE), the agency responsible for accrediting educational programs in athletic training. If Castleton’s program wasn’t accredited, students who complete their program would not be able to sit for the Board of Certification examination. Passage of this examination is what allows you to enter the profession of athletic training. Therefore, I believe a degree from Castleton University will give me the knowledge and skills necessary to achieve me dream; work with athletes all over the country at the collegiate and national levels.

Castleton University is a great place. I have made many great friends. It is also very easy to get involved and feel welcome on campus. Campus is also small enough that you see a familiar face pretty much overtime you walk to or from class. The sports life is pretty good at Castleton. Most times you will know an athlete so you go to their games to cheer them on.

Matthew

I have learned a lot about my self during my three semesters as a college student. If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school student I would tell myself to try harder. I’ll be honest I did not apply myself during high school When I got to college I quickly realized that if I did not apply myself I would not be successful. The prof that I have started applying myself in college is there! In my three college semesters I have only received one B and have an accumulative GPA of a 3.9. I have received a 4.0 in my last two semesters. So, I would say the one big piece of advice that I would give myself is apply myself to your school work.

I would say the worst thing about Castleton is the lack of things to do. There is really nothing to do in town or on campus accept go to the gym and workout. I consider this the worst thing because there are many cases where I just sit in my room and do nothing.

William

Castleton is best known for its art and theatre programs.

Castleton is best known for its art and theatre programs.

Get more scholarships using these websites. Also you should get out more. Get in touch more with our family. Less video games and more work. Get out and hang with some friends. Make some friends

The showers at the ellis dorm. THe teachers are great, the food is great, the education and lecture rooms are great, but the showers need to have hotter water and more privacy.

samantha

I would give myself the advice to really be prepared more. My first college semester I was not prepared at all. I wish that the high school I went to would have gotten me more ready for college. My second semester of school was a lot better. I was more ready and already knew what was expected for college. I would have studied a lot more. College is nothing like high school and I feel that more high school seniors think that it will be like high school, which is not the truth at all. The transition was a little hard at first but making friends and having a couple of friends here at the school made it a lot easier.

nothing, i love castleton. the only thing that could really be the worst thing is the food sometime

how close it is to my house and how small it is. i love this school it is just right

Danielle

The adivce that I would give myself is to always be open and make as my friends as I could. As long as youhave friends in college you will have a great time. I know that my roommate didn't have friends when she came here and she hated her time here and went home all the time. Now that she has friends she doesn't mind staying here. I know that I made some pretty good friends right away and that I have always enjoyed being at college because of that. I have made good friends there that I know I can always count on and that will be life long friends.

I don't really think that there is someone who shouldn't attend Castelton State College. I believe that everyone could fit in here. Everyone here is friendly and will welcome you because that's the Castleton way. Even the teachers are great. I know that I can always go to them when i need something and they will always make sure that I am on the right track.

The thing that I brag about to my friends is probably how nice everything is. Castleton just added two year ago a new dorm which is the nicest one that we have. Along with that they put a lot of money into the sports that are played here, and they jsut redid our cafertia. I know that the food isn't always the best, but that we have a great new cafertia.

Lynn

Castleton State College is very well known to be environmentally friendly as well as actively involved in the local community. Unlike other undergraduate institutions, Castleton has successful ties to local high schools and elementary schools, mentor programs, and local businesses. Castleton students take great pride in their work with the populace in the area surrounding the college, drinking in the experience and knowledge they gain.

As a high school senior, you are about to face the end of your career as a secondary school student and embark on one of the most exciting journeys of your life. Whether it be at college, a full-time job, or the military, I encourage you to find out who you are as a person and what your passion is. Passion is what will guide you through the next chapter in your life and help you better understand what kind of person you want to be. Making that transition from high school to college can be tough. It is one of the first times you've lived away from home, you will meet dozens of new people, and will be challenged academically. But you CAN do it. Intimidating at first, but within the first year you will discover just how capable you are. So stay motivated, maintain a positive attitude and have confidence in yourself. But most of all, have fun. I've been told these are "the best years of our life". :)

Before entering Castleton State College in the fall of 2009, I wish that I had known how research-oriented the school is. Although the Psychology and Sociology departments require students complete a unique research project, most other departments do not offer research opportunities. The Natural Science department allows students to work with a faculty member on a small-scale research project of the student’s choice. However, Castleton is not a well-funded institution and does not allow students to perform laboratory research projects. I would like to have known these things before attending Castleton State College.

Castleton University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.