Castleton University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Castleton University

Sierra

Castleton has a phenomenal academic program with accreditation in multiple degrees, including social work and nursing; however, it goes above and beyond academics, with over 60 clubs to choose from and weekend activities. As I have begun to get more involved, this quaint campus has become a second home for me, as it does for most. Additionally, the small size of the campus allows us to have more personal relationships with our professors and students alike. The professors will learn your name and personality. They are also often available to receive assistance from. If you are unable to make it to a professor's office hours, they are often rather efficient at responding to emails. You are likely to see the same students quite often, allowing you to create a greater bond with them. Although it may not be perfect, it’s perfect for me! I would highly suggest checking it out to see if it may be perfect for you too!

Alexander

My motivation for pursuing university-level study is to obtain the knowledge and experience necessary to work as an Athletic Trainer. Castleton University has an amazing Athletic Training Program and it’s tailored to students, like me, who thrive in a hands-on learning environment. With that said, I believe I have found the perfect college for me to succeed; small classes and hands-on teaching in a field I have always wanted to pursue. In addition, this college has recruited me to wrestle, a sport that I love and has given me so much pleasure. It’s a small liberal arts school in Vermont, with a beautiful campus, and friendly students. During my campus visit, the staff was very welcoming and made me fill at home. There are plenty of extracurricular activities, an excellent choice of food options in the dining hall, and great dorm rooms. I was also pleased to hear the college is “sports friendly”; meaning, students in nursing and health-related fields are able to participate in sports. At some colleges, it’s difficult for students in these fields to be involved in sports due to required “lab” time requirements for medical-related classes. Another big selling point is their internship program. I believe an internship will improve my chances of obtaining employment after graduation. Lastly, the college is in good standings with the Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education (CAATE), the agency responsible for accrediting educational programs in athletic training. If Castleton’s program wasn’t accredited, students who complete their program would not be able to sit for the Board of Certification examination. Passage of this examination is what allows you to enter the profession of athletic training. Therefore, I believe a degree from Castleton University will give me the knowledge and skills necessary to achieve me dream; work with athletes all over the country at the collegiate and national levels.

Lexie

Honestly, I love Castleton. I feel completely at home here. The staff, professors, and even my peers make me feel welcomed. I am known by my name at Castleton and not my Student ID number. We take such care of the people around us. I couldn't think of a better place for me to be perusing my higher education.

Tyler

I enjoyed visiting the Campus and intend on attending Castleton in the Fall Semester. It is a beautiful campus with very extrodinary scenerys. Not only do I feel safe to live and learn here, but I feel as if I'm home. The young adults attending the University seemed respectful and well mannered.

Castleton University is a great place. I have made many great friends. It is also very easy to get involved and feel welcome on campus. Campus is also small enough that you see a familiar face pretty much overtime you walk to or from class. The sports life is pretty good at Castleton. Most times you will know an athlete so you go to their games to cheer them on.

Castleton is a great school

London

I personally think that most of the pros and cons about Castleton University are based off of its size. Since it's a pretty small school, the students are very well connected with their professors and with one another. Opportunities are easy to find and the campus is very easy to navigate. Vermont in general tends to be a very safe area and the Public Safety crew at Castleton University is extremely competent. On the other hand, there is not a whole lot to do in the area. Due to this, there tends to be a lot of partying on weekends to compensate for the lack of structures activities in the community.

Castleton sought out the students affected in the nursing program at Southern Vermont College. Due to SVC's closure at the end of the summer 2019, they have gone the extra mile to make sure we have a teach-out plan in place to finish what we have worked so hard to do for the past 3 years. This was heart-breaking news, but Castleton has been very accommodating.

Jaron

Although I am an Early College student, and am unsure of whether I will stay at Castleton, I will say that the overall feeling of the campus is phenomenal. For a small university, there are many opportunities that await. During my first semester, I participated in a horsemanship class, allowing me to experience an activity I otherwise would have never been able to partake in. There are some improvements that could be made, such as food and on-campus housing; however, overall, Castleton is a university I definitely recommend considering!

Tessa

I like this school. The size of the classes and the school itself fit me perfectly, I cannot wait to start classes in the Fall. I've visited so I know the class size, and my boyfriend lives on campus and so I know housing there is nice. I really like this school, I know that it will fit me perfectly when I start there in the Fall.