Castleton, VT
Castleton University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Castleton University

Alison

If I could go back in time and talk to my high school-self knowing what I know now, I would tell me to get serious. I decided a little too late in high school that I wanted to achieve great things. However it did not stop me from being accepting into college and being on Dean?s List it just postponed them. If I could tell my high school-self to take school seriously I think I may have been able to accomplish much more at this point in my life. I am extremely proud of what I have managed to do on my own but I know that had I taken school seriously I would have lived a less stressful life after high school.

I believe that the best thing about my school is the Green Initiative. Castleton State College a few years ago implemented a new campaign to fight global warming and to reduce our carbon footprint. In each dorm there is a recycling center where the students are asked to recycle all of their trash. We also have it in all of the academic buildings. I believe that it is a very smart and responsible campaign and I am happy to be at a school that represents the future.

Kimberly

It is a small school with extremely friendly and helpful staff and professors.

It is a small school with extremely friendly and helpful staff and professors.

I feel it is important to really consider what you are looking for in a school. Don't go to school and mindlessly choose a major without really considering what YOU (the student) want. College is expensive and you should get all you can for what you are paying. Consider size, location, majors, future opportunities, communities, and more. Taking everything into account to begin with will save you the trouble of attending a school you hate and having to transfer.

It is expensive for me because I live out of state.

stephanie

My advice for parents and/or students who are looking to make the most of their college experience would be to get to know as many people as possible. I go to a small school and so it's not hard to know nearly everyone, but that is a good thing. When i first got to school i had a terrible roommate, and so i walked into the closest room near me with an open door and just started talking with those girls, and that has made all the difference. I am now best friends with those girls, and many others because I took the initative to go and meet others. There will be people nearvous to meet others so you may need to walk up and introduce yourself, and my advice would be to do that right away. College can be scary at first, but when you are friends with many people who live right near you, then it goes a lot better.

I wish i knew that there wasnt much around the school

i tell my friends how the size of the school is perfect..the dorms are nice, there are tons of renovations going on so there will be many new buildings. I also tell them that the people there are always nice.

CRISTIANA

The classmates have become teh best friends in life. Through microbiology, organic chemistry, psychology classes we worked togetehr in groups to complete study halls and achieve great work in our community

Castleton State College is know for being the small college with a big heart. The president of the college invest great energies in great professors, outstanding academics, diversity, and environmental research.

College search should begin as early as possible. Begin college preparation during the freshman years, visit colleges during the school breaks or summer, tutor your students from an early age to achieve great GPA in high school classes. Encourage your children to take a variety of courses aduring high school , including science , math and English. Involve the high school children to get involved with community service opportunities, such as the Civil Air Patrol, or teh TRIO Upward Bound pre-college programs. During the junior year tutor your kinds with SAT questions. For example, solve an SAT new word every day and post it in their emails or cellular phones. Search for scholarships in your state, and do not discard colleges in your state or backyard, as they offer great opportunities to retain students in their states. When you visit a college, plan teh visit, talk to students at the library, meet professors of a special major, talk to your advisors at high school. Plan to visit National college fairs as they offer under one-roof most basic informations available in the surrounding areas. Boost their confidence so that when they enter their freshman year they can handle college life.

Morgan

it is close to home, yet just far enough away.

it is close to home, yet just far enough away.

I believe that finding the right college is your true first step in becoming an adult. I say this because, either with your parents help or on your own, you have to RESEARCH the colleges. By research, I mean investigate them. Some ideas are...Do they have what you want to major in (not sure, make sure the credits earned can be transfered), is there a "tutoring" program (if needed), what sports are offered/provided, what are the dorms like (how many students per room), is there a work study program, do they offer their own grants or loans, what is the tution (in or out of state) and go visit them. Remember this is going to be your new home for year(s). Your teachers, your roommates, your "neighbor's", even what you'll be served to eat will be out of your control. They will all be determined by "random draw" and who's won the food contract. Your resarech is important, your questions will be answered with the help of the staff, teachers and current students. Where you fit in, your utopia, is just a question away. Your college experience is what you make of it.

When you are looking for a college go with what you know you like. If you like being around people then go for a bigger school, if you like individual attention when it comes to classes then a smaller school is the best choice. Finding a school depends on the student, their likes and dislikes. As for making the best of the college experience, when you get where you are going be who you are. Don't try to be someone else, let the true self out. For years in high school I had to think before I said anything, think before I did anything. I had to make sure what I was about to do fit into the mold of the "society". You're at a new place, no one holds you to the mold that you once had to follow. You are free to be the one you were meant to be, embrace it and love it. As for friends be with the people that make you happy, that make you laugh a nd smile. They won't judge you, they'll love you just the way that you are. And that us what counts in life.

I tend to brag about my new friends. They are so much more caring and generous. My new friends would do anything thing for me, when I give them something a favor or what not they always repay me in a favor or in some other way.

The food in the dining hall must be the most frustrating thing. There is never much of a variation it always seems to be the same food but with a different name to it. I always end up eating the same thing day in and day out.

Mike

In order to make the most of the college application process, I would suggest to a student or parent that they go beyond the advice of high school guidance counselors. Take it upon yourself to read between the lines. Know your options, know your goals, and establish a pretty good idea of what it is you're looking for in your school. Interviewing at your target schools and spending an overnight stay in the dorms is one of the best ways to get a feel for the place that you may find yourself for the next four years. Beyond the obvious, another piece of advice I've found myself giving to my younger sister, who is currently going through this long and stressful process herself, is to relax. While the significance of this time in the student's life is clear, it's important to be able to keep things in perspective, and to understand that no matter the result, success is not outside your grasp. There are many roads to fullfillment, and no matter your means, if you are steadfast and determined, you can come to your desired ends.

It's a great place if you're interested in snowboarding, ice hockey, or lacrosse, and like to drink heavily on weekends. The work-load is entirely manageable, it's easy enough to live off campus, and everyone at the school is interested in having a good time. Very strong theather program, very strong athletics programs. The biggest downfall of the school is it's location: there is virtually nothing surrounding the school. If you're looking for clubs, stores, or bars, this is not the place for you.

Heather

Castleton is the perfect size, not too small and not too big. The people there are very friendly and accepting. All kinds of people from all walks of life mix and mingle harmoniously there. The professors are typically great and have close relationships with the students. The president of our school is wonderful devoting equal time and money to the arts, sports, and academics

All types will find happiness hear whether you are a great athlete, an artist, an actor or a brainiac. There is something for everyone in the social scene as well. Here skaters, jocks, hippies and more all have a place, and sometimes even *gasps* together!

Castleton University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.