Central Piedmont Community College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Central Piedmont Community College

Ryan

I love CPCC. I would recommend it to anyone thinking about going to a 2 year school or wanting to save money and transfer to a 4 year university. The schedule is pretty flexible and the teachers are generally helpful. There are campuses throughout the Charlotte area so you have options.

Jacob

Central Piedmont is a good two-year community college for people like me who had not decided what they wanted to do when they graduated high school. I am able to knock out my general education credits for a cheaper tuition rate than most four-year universities. It is a great school, with a lot of opportunities for learning and social interaction.

Lourdes

As a community college, it exceeded my expectations. The professors were incredible and had a lot of experience in their field. They were able to not only teach you the lesson of the day but give you life advice. I grew very close to some of my professors who shared similar interests as mine. They are people I look up to and know I can still talk to when I need help. Overall, Levine campus was the best. Not a variety on food since it's very small but had accessible student labs and a nice library. I enjoyed my time at CPCC and already miss it!

It's a lifesaver! It's the best Community College I've ever been to, and that is why I stayed here. There are plenty of student life activities to get involved in, great class sizes, great professors, helpful advisors, and a nice/ large campus. I recommend this Community College all the time to my friends who are looking for a cheaper alternative to getting their associate's degree, continuing education, or any other credited courses. The only thing I would improve at the school is to open more class sections.

Avah

Central Piedmont is a great school for students who are trying to bring their grades up, trying to save money, or both. In many ways, it is academically better than some state schools and it is substantially cheaper (approximately $1500 or less each semester). I recommend going at least two years, to avoid student loan debt, figure out what you want to major in, and ease your way into the college life and a life in which you are no longer dependent are your parents.c

Central Piedmont Community College (CPCC) was simply fantastic! The office of financial aid worked to help the student pay for college without using loans (though the college is already low-priced). The professors at CPCC are readily available and in many instances will assist you in a different class than the one they teach, if knowledgeable. Attending CPCC is a sound decision.

Melissa

This is a great college it prepares students for the future just like any other 4 year universities. The college has great facilities, security and the profs are always available to help students out. This college is also debt free. Students do not owe a lot of loan debts after they graduate. After graduation students end up getting a job immediately, the school also offers paid internships. There is also a free one on one tutoring section that everyone is welcome to attend and receive assistance.

Nicholas

Being a student at CPCC usually is a stepping stone for most student's who plan on transferring to a different college or university. It can save you a lot of money compared to jumping straight in to a college/university and still offer an identical amount of classes that are transferrable! The student life is there if you wanted to get involved such as student government or just being in clubs that could benefit to a certain major (ex. STEM majors). And since it is not a campus in which you can live at, they have multiple campuses throughout North Carolina and it can help a wide variety of students in regards to transportation ( in terms of general education courses). Some classes are actually exclusive to certain campuses which would be one gripe, but the professors are pretty nice throughout my 2 and a half semesters here. I would also look at professor ratings sometimes so you can figure out what teacher you have since some professors are a little more leanient about grading or just teaching overall. Since the classes are about 25-30 students, it really makes you comfortable and not overwhelmed as most colleges do, and that is why a lot of high school students can be found around campus as they are in a middle college program. I recommend CPCC for anyone who wants to take a year and figure out what's best for their major if they don't know where to start. As this can save some money and just keep you in the right track, while being on a great campus with great opportunities!

talon

I have overall enjoyed the school. I live at home. I drive 15 miles one way. There are not really enough classes to choose from to make my schedule work so on Fridays I have to drive in for only one class. Sometimes the professor then lets us out early which is aggravating after I have driven in for the class. The Biology teachers are not good at all. The business teachers are very good. I really enjoyed my history class at the Cato and Merancus campuses. The satellite campuses are not large enough to have food on campus so I enjoy the Subway that is on central campus. There is usually some security present however I often see a very aggressive trans gender loud person at the central campus at night that makes me very uncomfortable calling random people that pass by homophobes etc. He hasn't yelled this to me personally but I have witnessed it several times even with security present and they don't even say anything to him about his aggressiveness to passers by. I try to leave campus as quick as I can at night due to this one particular person. The school offers tutoring but it is at times that I have other classes. One of the accounting teachers allowed me to sit in his class when I was having a difficult time with an online accounting class and it was so very helpful. I got an A in the class due to his help.

tamaya

Central Piedmont is a great transition school. The school offer many semester options such as short session semesters. The classes are very affordable, and also great class sizes. The school offer different style classes that can best suit you. They have full face to face classes, hybrid classes which are the short session classes. and also partial classes which are online and face to face classes.

Alexsandria

I am interested in attending Central Piedmont Community College because I think that it would be a great opportunity to get my degree in the Health Science and Culinary Arts programs. I have always wanted to become a Pharmacist and Chef, it have been my ambition since I was ten years old. I can recall constantly being in the kitchen with my mother while she was cooking for the family. I would usually help her to either wash the vegetables. I also recalled how she taught me how to prepare the meals she would often cook. My ambition to become a Pharmacist started after I got to spend the day with my aunt at work. I really enjoyed watching her helping individuals with medications and providing them with information on how they can remain healthy. I saw the trust she built with the patients, it was then that I was sure this was the profession I wanted to be apart of. I’ve also been interested in the health field because I see how expensive health care can be and because medication has served as a purpose to treat individuals with different types of diseases or illnesses. I desire to work to help individuals who do not afford medical insurance. Finally, my number one goal for applying for the scholarship is that it will help me realize my dream of becoming a Pharmacist and owning my own restaurant. Central Piedmont will vastly assist my mother who is a single parent. It will also give her some time to prepare herself financially to further assist me in my studies.

Caitlyn

It is a very basic school. It is a good starting point. If you want to see if college is for you, then this is the way to go. It is cheap and convenient if you live in North Carolina. It has very little food on the inside, but depending on which campus you go to, there are places to eat and shop.

Kailee

Central Piedmont is an overall great community college. It is a great transition from high school to a four-year university. CPCC offers many kinds of extremities such as extracurricular activities, great food, great classroom quality, and so much more. I give CPCC a solid 4 stars. CPCC has a great transition from highschool to college. Many students use this route when they want to go to college, they are just not sure what they want to do yet. The school offers a Passport program. This is for students who are going to the University of North Carolina Charlotte, but want to get their first two years complete at CPCC. These students take classes to get their general core classes out of the way, but are already committing to UNCC, so they can go straight to taking major classes. CPCC also offers the Middle School program. This program allows students to take college courses while they are still in high school. This is a very popular program because these students graduate highschool with a diploma as well as an Associates Degree. The classroom size is about 18:1, so the students are getting great interactions with their instructors. The instructors know their students by name and can do much more hands on in their classes. The students get a much more personal learning experience. There are many extracurricular activities that students can partake in during the school year. Unfortunately, there are no sports programs, but there are plenty of academic activities people can be involved in, such as Enactus, baking club, and so much more. In these clubs, students can meet other students who have similar interests and enjoy something together. I would give Central Piedmont 4 stars overall.

Cassandra

Central Piedmont Community College is good for what it's good for. Obviously, it does not have some of the social life or extracurriculars as many other universities, but it's a community college. What do you expect? Academics are good overall and most profs care about their students. Good environment.

Shelby

As a second year student who enrolled in Central Piedmont right after high school, I've found that CPCC has been an amazing school for me. I've grown immensely in my time as a student, made tons of friends in my major, and met lots of industry professionals. Finances have always been a big deal to me, and CPCC offers so many unique and practical application classes for a great price. Enroling at Central Piedmont was a fantastic decision and has definitely prepared me for a successful future.

It's a great school to get practice on before going to a university. I am currently taking online classes but I will be taking some on campus soon, there is an abundance amount of classes of the same topic, and the class sizes are never too crowded.

Gabriela

Overall, I believe Central Piedmont is a great school. My situation going into college was a bit unusual and the admission team at Central Piedmont was extremely helpful and they worked with me every day until we could figure out what was best for me as a student. Once enrolled, I was very pleased with my classes and schedule. My professor always made themselves available and I felt challenged academically. The Central campus, in particular, has a great location. It is near the city and it provided many spaces for eating, studying and just hanging out with classmates. The one thing I will say is that there is always a construction site that disturbs the campus. I understand this is a good thing, but it was still very inconvenient at times.

DionTre

Central Piedmont Community College is a great 2 year school. It provides many pathways to achieve your overall educational goals. Also, your credits can transfer to a 4 year school as well. The best part is, you can save so much money going to this school. That was the main reason I go to Central Piedmont Community College.

Jacob

It’s a good steppingstone to take pre-requisite courses, and then transfer to a four-year university for degree completion. The professors are very helpful and always available. Most students commute from home as there is no on-campus housing, so there is not much camaraderie among the students outside of the classroom.

Jordaan

Central Piedmont Community college is a beautiful campus where people are helpful and encouraging and they always take time out of their day to make sure you're comfortable with campus life.

Tasha

Central Piedmont is a great place to be, and one of the largest community college's out there, with six area campus locations! Lots of activity on campus for sure, there is never a dull moment! There is no on-campus housing due to federal regulations when it comes to community colleges, but there are plenty of off campus housing options!

Eva-Jane

It is a good and safe school with encouraging teachers

Teyana

Central Piedmont Community College is a great school that offers students great education at a very affordable price. Many students I know who attend here school say was the best choice they made because it helped them save money and it gave them new opportunities to explore and adventure through different fields/programs and make decisions as to what careers they are interested in. As a student who planning to transfer, I can say that attending this school was the best decision that I've made because it was very affordable. The academic programs are really nice, and while there isn't a huge variety of sports, there are many activities, programs, and clubs that you can participate in.

Camryn

I am attending this school through a middle college program and at first, I was nervous because I'd be surrounded by a lot of new people as well as people much older than me. It didn't take long for me to see the type of calm academic environment the school provided and I felt at home. The students are nice and easy to talk to while the instructors are very inviting and are there to make sure you're receiving a great education. After I graduate, I'm transferring to a university to complete my education and CPCC has helped me prepare for a college workload and got me used to truly taking charge of my life. I feel that it is a good start to higher education and more people should give this school a try before taking the giant leap and attending a large university.

Kiser

Central Piedmont is the most amazing choice... highly recommend. It has the best professors and staff. Very safe and welcoming community and lots of resources to help you succeed. I enjoy the extracurricular activities offered. Subway is a nice perk as well. Get involved and stay on top of education.

Avery

Central Piedmont Community College, especially the Levine Campus is terrific! The professors are always approachable and do their best to make all of their students succeed. I am part of the middle college through Central Piedmont Community College and the campus environment and fellow students are very welcoming and supportive of one another. Being a middle college student has not limited what I can join with the college-- the college always welcomes and even promotes middle college students to join clubs and honors societies that the college hosts.