City College of San Francisco Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for City College of San Francisco

Angelica

I feel good at city college because when it comes to my education plan, dream following, and motivation. I really think it is a great institution for a community college because they really show the care for students when it comes to showing students what options are available for your career path. I also enjoy the openness they provide for students including resources for the student to make sure the student is having an overall well being. That is why every time someone asks me about my school, I always enjoy explaining my school.

Loraina

City College of San Francisco is innovative , radical and political. Since SF voters made it tuition-free I have seen an influx of students. This has also made it easier for our city to access education beyond High School. Since the cost of living is so high housing has become limited this school also offers no dorm options.

Penelope

Going to City College of San Francisco was one of the best choices I have ever made. The professors are always so kind and helpful and they really do care. I could not recommend this school enough for people wanting a nurturing and caring school to take them in.

Neguin

It is a good school to come get your stuff done and leave. People don’t usually hang around campus, so it is always pretty empty unless you are there during the time of day where many people are taking classes around 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Overall it is not a bad campus and most teachers are great. Just be sure to check rate my professor!

Victoria

City College of San Francisco is a community college that gives you a great education while being easy on your wallet. It is ideal for someone who is trying to get their credits done, but isn't looking for the glorified college lifestyle of partying, living on campus, and making a ton of new friends at school. There is housing near campus, but obviously it’s tricky because S.F. is very expensive, but if you are persistent you can find something. Also, there are plenty of clubs and activities if you are looking to be involved and social. I have had great professors at City College and only paid a small fraction of what I paid at a private school; so overall I have been very pleased with my experience there.

Bryan

Everyone there, at City College of San Francisco are making an effort to be able and have a chance to live a comfortable, and affordable life, in an economy, that's filled with despondency. With the goal, to be 'Living The Dream ", there's a pulse of heartbeat, from each individual with the same mission, but with different plans.

City College of San Francisco is a great option for all education seeking individuals. I'm glad to be able to save thousands of dollars just to go to school near home. My biggest downside about this college is the fact that students prioritize school and transferring than having occasional social gatherings. I think one of the experiences I wish I was able to have during my time here is to find long-term friendships.

Karla

CCSF is a good college which has employees willing to help students succeed specially in their educational goals. It's a really good place to study, make friends, and get all the support and help you need. CCSF is a really warm place for any student who is willing to have an education. It doesn't matter were you're from or your legal status, they will always include you and support you.

HUIPING

I like my school City College of San Francisco. I already studied three years in this school. It is worth because I learned much and made many friends. The teachers are very nice and try their best to teach students. I got many opportunities and much help from City College of San Francisco.

Ananda

City College of San Francisco is a good school with some good teachers. I feel like you have to really find those good teachers or you just get lucky bumping into them. The students there don't interact with each other much unless they're already friends before attending CCSF or it is for a school project. Usually, students all have the mentality of getting in and getting out in between and after classes, it can be seen as socially dead since not a lot of students would like to hang around campus after classes compared to other universities. Overall, the school still provides a dope experience for students transitioning from high school to college.

Evan

The school is very good and well known. The food was alright and the people treated me like I belonged in the school. Their academic program is very good which I would highly recommend. In addition, the parking was easy to find if you are commuting by car.

Anissah

I think City College of San Francisco is a good college. I would recommend the school to athletes but also to students in the bay area that don't want to go to the community colleges that most of there old high school peers go to if they are trying to get away from the past life. City College of San Francisco is very diversified to me and you will meet new and different people that will not only help you and be there for you in the classroom but also outside the classroom. The academic help is great in an area whether it's math, English, or even chemistry. The teachers are very helpful and I recommend most of the teachers that I have previously already taken because they were very helpful in their teaching.

Fran

It's a unique school that serves a unique population of San Francisco. I love the school so much, I want to get my masters so I can come back and teach. The school has more than just a transfer to 4-year college programs. It offers certificate programs, ESL programs, trade programs, finish high school programs and so much more. The school is the gem of the San Francisco and serves a population of at least 50 thousand. The school has social services for homeless student, low-income student and free tuition for residents of San Francisco.

I think it is a cool school with connections to outside/future jobs. I wish that the cafeterias had food in them though, the times I go to school I am unsure if the cafeteria is just permanently closed or if they are only open a couple of hours and I'm just not there early enough but you would thing at 2 pm it should be open, there other campus I go to only has microwaves. But I appreciate the selection of interior design and arts classes.

Lili

This is one of the best college in the Bay Area, their not credit class are amazing. I am being learning English and hopefully I am able to become a full student. The best part is that they have location around the city and the schedules are very convenient for adult workers

Cassandra

I’m grateful for CCSF and the various programs they have and constantly work on to meet the needs of all students. Currently they have a Working Adult Degree Program that has been instrumental in my returning to school and regaining the confidence that impacts all areas of my life.

Justin

Overall, I love the general atmosphere at City College of San Francisco. I am a resident so I make use of the free resident college tuition in which a large handful of teachers have fought for the students to have. I also went to University of California, Davis and I honestly feel like I’m able to make connections and work with the teachers here more than UC Davis. The teachers here go out of their own time plenty of times to work with students who need help, especially since there are quite a few community programs such as San Francisco’s “United Playas” who work with students as well.

Amy

If you are a San Francisco resident, the City College is free to you. That's one great thing about it. The students are nice, the teachers are nice. The teachers are always available. They let you know when their office hours are and where their offices are. City College has different campuses around San Francisco, but the main one is on Ocean Avenue. The buildings there could be upgraded, but they aren't worn down. City College is great school if you aren't ready to attend a huge university just yet. The Ocean campus is small, but you could get lost. There are maps around campus though. I recommend City College Of San Francisco, especially if you're a San Francisco resident.

Myat

The weather is awesome , professors are nice and normally very approachable, .But I feel like class room size and library should be a bit bigger and better , in terms of size and cleanliness. Overall, I would love attending at ccsf and I would give it a rating of 4/4.5 stars .

I think City College of San Francisco is a great school for students looking to attend a two-year community college and decide their majors and what they want to do in the future for their career while saving thousands of dollars in tuition and dorm costs before transferring to a 4 year University or Institution. City College of San Francisco has really made me realize and know what I want to do with my future and it really set me straight and disciplined me for adulthood.

christopher

From my experience, City College of San Francisco is a place where you can get things done on your own time and with careful planning and signing up for things on time, you work school into whatever schedule you have. Classes can range from extremely easy to extremely hard depending on your professor. 99% of the classes are manageable and are taught at a reasonable level. Extremely good return on investment regardless if you live in the city and don't pay anything or you live outside the city. I recommend going to City College of San Francisco if you have no idea where you want to go or if you just want to save money.

Isabella

City College is a place full of opportunities for those seeking to go somewhere. They start from offering free city to residents of sf to having many group with so many resources. If someone wants to be successful, they have all the chances to . The professors are amazing, for two semesters that I have been here, they all have worked so hard to see me succeed. I have made some really good friends too and there is a huge mixture of people, and clubs available for each one :)