About City Colleges of Chicago-Harold Washington College

Founded in 1962, City Colleges of Chicago-Harold Washington College. is a college. Located in Illinois, which is a city setting in Illinois, the campus itself is Urban. The campus is home to 8,486 full time undergraduate students, and 0 full time graduate students.

The City Colleges of Chicago-Harold Washington College Academic calendar runs on a Semester basis. In the school year the student to faculty ratio was 30:1. There are 113 full time instructional teachers. Degrees awarded at City Colleges of Chicago-Harold Washington College include: Bachelor's Degree, Masters Degree, Post-master's certificate, Doctor's degree.

Quick Facts

Acceptance Rate100%
Application Deadline
Application Fee0
SAT Range
ACT Range

Admissions at are considered , with ,2% of all applicants being admitted.

In the school year, of the students who applied to the school, only of those who were admitted eventually ended up enrolling.

0% of incoming freshmen are in the top half of their high school class. 0% were in the top quarter, and 0% were in the top tenth. You can apply online.

STUDENT LIFE

We asked, and students answered these important questions about student life at City Colleges of Chicago-Harold Washington College.

“We”re apathetic”
“We know about current events and vote”
“We participate and encourage others to get involved”
“There”s nothing we won”t protest”
“We save it for the classroom”
“Sometimes, but not often”
“There”s usually intelligent conversation to be found”
“All the time, including weekends”
“I”m always terrified”
“I only go out in groups”
“I usually let someone know where I”m going”
“I feel extremely safe”
“We don”t play sports”
“We play recreationally”
“We bought the gear”
“We live for the big game”
“It”s not really our thing”
“Occasinally we gallery crawl”
“There are a variety of opportunities”
“We”re a very artistic group”
“Haven”t met them”
“Available in class”
“They keep regular office hours”
“They”re always available”
“No greek life, but other groups to join”
“There is some involvement, but not a lot”
“Plenty of people join a sorority or fraternity”
“It”s everything. If you”re not greek, you”re a geek”
“We”re not into drinking at all”
“Maybe a little, but it”s not a big thing”
“We only party on weekends”
“There”s some drinking happening every night”
“Never, we”re here to learn”
“There might be people who do”
“People are known to partake on weekends”
“There”s a huge drug scene”

City Colleges of Chicago-Harold Washington College REVIEWS

Write a review, Enter to win $1,000 Scholarship
  • How would you rate on-campus housing?

17 Students rated on-campus housing 1.4 stars. 0 % gave the school a 5.0.

• How would you rate off-campus housing?

14 Students rated off-campus housing 2.8 stars. 0 % gave the school a 5.0.

• How would you rate campus food?

21 Students rated campus food 2.2 stars. 0 % gave the school a 5.0.

• How would you rate campus facilities?

25 Students rated campus facilities 3.4 stars. 16 % gave the school a 5.0.

• How would you rate class size?

25 Students rated class size 4.4 stars. 52 % gave the school a 5.0.

• How would you rate school activities?

25 Students rated school activities 2.8 stars. 8 % gave the school a 5.0.

• How would you rate local services?

25 Students rated local services 4.7 stars. 76 % gave the school a 5.0.

• How would you rate academics?

25 Students rated academics 3.9 stars. 28 % gave the school a 5.0.

What's your overall opinion of City Colleges of Chicago-Harold Washington College?

25 Students rated City Colleges of Chicago-Harold Washington College

courtney

It's a great affordable options for finishing pre-reqs. The class size is usually pretty good. There are enough students to not feel pressured, but not too many that you can go to the professor for help. The school has a multitude of services, including a Writing Lab, Tutoring Center, Health/Wellness Center, and a Advising Office.

Andrea

It is a good school, though it has drawbacks that keep it from reaching the point of becoming a great school.

Riley

Harold Washington is a great two year school. It is easily accessible, being in Chicago's Loop. If you have any breaks, there's an abundance of things to do, as the campus is right by State Street and not far from Michigan Avenue. It was a great transition school, for me personally. The professors were always available and ready to help on top of keeping regular office hours. All of the classes I took challenged me and give valuable information. I had a lot of really good conversation with my classmates. If I have any complaints, it is that Harold Washington College is very much a commuter school, but what I don't like in a school maybe exactly what someone is looking for in one.

Taidgh

Great no-frills affordable community college. More value than any large institution, highly recommend starting off here before heading to an expensive 4-year institution. Harold Washington will give you the opportunity to earn your credits for dirt-cheap and build up your GPA to rack in more scholarships later.

City Colleges of Chicago-Harold Washington College FAQS

1. What is the Acceptance Rate at City Colleges of Chicago-Harold Washington College?

The fall 2020 acceptance rate for City Colleges of Chicago-Harold Washington College is 100%. That means, out of _____ applications received in 2020 , _____ students were offered admission. The number of males who applied was _____ vs the number of females which was _____.

2. What should every freshman at your school know before they start?

Transitioning into college life can be a difficult thing. As a young adult, it is the single most important life decision you will have to make. Trying to figure out what college to attend, or what profession to choose are all factors that will make a huge impact in your future. Believe me, I would know. This year was my first year back in college since getting my Bachelor's in Fine Arts in 2010. My decision to get another degree was because the career choices I had made in the past was not fulfilling enough. Now, I have a positive outlook on life, and a clear direction of what I want to do. I think the most important advice I could give to future college attendees would be to not rush into the experience. Take you time thinking about your life goals. Once you have a solid direction of what you want to do, make sure you do your homework and research all possible options. It is also very important to work out a game plan financially. Make sure you don't take out too many loans that you will not be able to pay back in the future.

3. What's unique about your campus?

The best thing I consider about my school is their class sizes. Their class size is great because I get to interact with the teacher better than a big class size. It is also great because you can here what the teacher have to say and you can be yourself. What i mean by being yourself is that you don't have to be shy, you can get to know everyone.

4. What kind of person should attend this school?

Harold Washington College is perfect for a student looking to attend a class with a flexible schedule. They offer a variety of different courses in many different class subjects, making it simple to pursue your intended education plan. They also offer many classes on-line. This is very convenient for students with a hectic schedule; you will be able to earn a degree with freedom.

5. Describe the students at your school.

My classmates are working full-time while going to school part-time in hopes of transferring to a four year university.

6. Here's your chance: Say anything about your college!

there is great clubs to join and learn.

7. What's the one thing you wish someone had told you about freshman year?

I wish that I had known the campus better. knowing how to better get around would have helped me a great deal

8. What do you consider the worst thing about your school? Why?

The worst thing about my school is the admissions office. Unfortunately, the lack of communication prevents certain situations from being resolved.

9. What kind of person should not attend this school?

The kind of person shouldnt attend this school is a person that have conflots. For instance, if a person got attitude problems, don't like school and like to talk to the teacher how ever they won't to shouldn't go to Harold Washington College.

10. Describe how your school looks to someone who's never seen it.

The school is known for its' particularly artistic and liberal students.

11. Describe your favorite campus traditions.

Harold Washington College is best known for educating students who might otherwise, not be able to attend college.

Student Body

Fraternities

Sororities

Housing

N/A

of students living on campus

Student Diversity

% American Indian/Alaskan Native
% Asian/Pacific Islander
% Black or African-American
% Hispanic/Latino
% White or Caucasian

TUITION & AID

All students must apply yearly for financial aid. This process starts with the FAFSA. Though financial aid deadlines vary by school, it is a good idea to apply as soon as possible. For the upcoming school year, you can apply as early as October 1 for the FAFSA. Additional school aid will be dependent on the FAFSA results.

77% of students attending City Colleges of Chicago-Harold Washington College receive some sort of financial aid. 68% were awarded federal grants. While 4% received federal loans. Many students do also need to apply for additional private student loans.

Cost Out of State

$11,906

Tuition and fees(Out of state)

$1,900

Books and Supplies

$7,704

Room and Board

21,510

Total On Campus

Actual Cost By Income Level(W/Financial Aid)

Family Income
$7,702
$110K & UP
$9,579

FIND SCHOLARSHIPS

Find your perfect match from over 3 million scholarships!

CAN YOU GET INTO City Colleges of Chicago-Harold Washington College?

Complete your profile to see if this school is a fit for you, and what your chances of admitance are.