Chicago, IL
City Colleges of Chicago-Richard J Daley College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend City Colleges of Chicago-Richard J Daley College

Paulina

Great community college , for students who can't afford university . A lot of great scholarships and help with fafsa , teachers are awesome , advisors are really friendly and help you with whatever you need . Just the students are rude sometimes .

It's a pretty good school, most of the professors here are extremely great at teaching us everything we need to know and a lot of them are really nice. I've learned a lot and overall had a really great, really fun, and really awesome experience here at this college. My only complaints is that there are roaches in some of the lower level classes and the building needs to be renovated more (the only renovations I've seen are the new bridge, other than that the building has stayed the same for MANY years).

Seritta

It's okay, just a place to take classes and go home. Daley's is a good junior college, especially for career changers, on a budget, and nontraditional students. It has a very nice pool, for those who love to swim. It's a very safe campus with much security.

Mario

Richard J Daley is a solid college. It doesn't have the bells and whistles but you can go there and get the job done. The teachers are great. Every professor is easily available and they each wanted to see me succeed. You can save a ton of money by going to this community college. Many students here are slackers, however, if you go and just do what you came to do, then it will not be a problem.

Mariluz

I really enjoy being there

I really enjoy being there

april

I truly enjoy attending Richard J. Daley College. First and foremost, the small class sizes makes learning more easier because it allows for more group discussions, class collaborative opinions, and individual assistance from professors. This school promotes their tutoring sessions frequently and they really want their students to succeed. Furthermore, the staff at Daley is very supportive. During Finals, or midterms they create activities or give advice to students that are feeling stressed. Lastly, I enjoy the facilities at Daley. Their gym room is fully equipped and clean, their pool is clean and always supervised , and their libraries all have working computers with helpful librarians.

Joshlynn

Daley is an average school. There is nothing that stands out more than the great teachers. Because Daley has pretty good teachers, the students are well off. The financial aid office is very unhelpful at times. The student body is mostly female. The surrounding area is filled with restaurants and shops.

Nichol

My college was best known for its nursing program. They had nearly a 100% passing ratio of the exit exam for certification which is highly exceptional for a community college. Since the nursing program is excellent, the required science courses (i.e. Anatomy & Physiology) are also very in depth. Being a small school that it is, students can have more interaction with the professors as I was able to bond quite strongly with a few.

If I could talk to myself as a high school senior I would tell myself that procrastinating would not get me anywhere with the excellent grades I had. I graduated top of my class, but because I procrastinated so much about college, I lost the opportunity of getting any scholarships and was thus forced to attend a community college due to insufficient funds. I would have told myself that even if I didn't know what I wanted to do, try my best to look around and find a four year institution with an overall good general program as well as apply to as many scholarships as I could. Though back then I didn't think a mere $500 was worth looking into considering the cost of college, I would tell myself that it would certainly add up and that I would be rewarded for all of my extra efforts to get that "small amount." I do still wonder how much different things would be had I not procrastinated about looking into colleges and finding good scholarships.

Before I attended the college, I wish I would have had a better idea of what field I wanted to go into so I would have spent less time taking seemingly pointless classes that were not even needed for graduation. As a result, I ended up with a lot of extra classes that I won't need when I transfer to a 4 year institution, and I feel like that time could have been saved had I known what I wanted to study.

Flor

The advice I would give myself would be to just worry about myself. Starting at a state university right after high school, was a learning experience, but also put me into a huge debt. I went to Northern Illinois University and worried more about fitting in and making friends, rather than worrying about my education. Now that I am in a community college and living at home, I am extremely focused on my education and self-progression. I had to learn the hard way that the decisions I make will only affect me, not my peers.

The worst thing about my school is the anti-social and segragated environment we have. If you are not an athlete, you are not involved in the school at all, other than academically. There are not any extra-curricular activities or non-political organizations available for students.

When conversing with my friends about my school, I brag mostly about my teachers. So far, they all use effective teaching strategies to keep us interested in the class, and have us learn the material. Also, they gain our trust and become our "go-to" people when we need advice.

Jazzmin

The first thing I would tell myself is, save, save, save, the money that I was making at my part-time job. Not only that, I would tell myself the only way to get away from the drama you are facing at home ,and get to live on campus on school with no worries is getting my ACT score at a level to match my GPA so I could have had more option for scholarships. I would tell myself if I thought times were hard growing up nothing would prepare me for the struggles I have just to stay in school. Take advantage of the opportunities to at the public school when the books are free, and all you have to do is take advantage of the opportunities that are presented to you. The most important thing I would try to teach myself that a credit card is not your friend, especially at an age where I am not final stable. That having your credit is going to be the only way of fulfilling my dreams by getting a loan for school. If can even affect my long term dream of earning a college degree.

Ending up at Daley was not in my plans at all I had to come to a city college, because I did not have enough money to go back away to school. What I wish I could of learned while I was still in high school is that I needed to be more serious about my ACT if I just would of worked harder I could have had the test scores to match my GPA to get more scholarships, just working hard at school is like thousands of dollars I would of have gotten for free to go to school.

The one thing I brag about at Richard J. Daley College is I feel like I am at a real school, I have been at majority black mostly all my life and often the students are lazy never want to learn, and half of the class time goes toward getting the students to settle down, but at Daley I tell them that the students seem like they really want to learn and grow, like me. How the teachers challenge me.How I have developed so much in my writing. Since I graduated eighth grade .

City Colleges of Chicago-Richard J Daley College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.