College of Marin Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for College of Marin

Prateek

I have loved my experience at the College of Marin. The staff are incredible, and I am glad to be a part of on campus groups, as well as a student athlete at one time. The only flaw with College of Marin lies in its location, as the affluent Marin County is a difficult place for a struggling college student. As a commuter student, the distance also provides a further personal barrier. However, as far as a community college goes, it is difficult to find one better than College of Marin. Go Mariners!

Shannon

College of Marin is beautiful. Literally! We have some winning sports teams the past few years in Baseball. Nestled in Marin, we are multi-cultural, multi-gendered, artistic and academic. One of the smallest community colleges in California, there are two campuses and most of the college is brand new due to large bonds received by the school. The student services are amazing and real help can be found to focus on yourself because of this endowment. We are a University of California feeder school. I am in the nursing program and it it terrific! I feel lucky to go here.

Dawud

I have enjoyed my time here so far. My professors are all helpful, relaxed (not easy, just not uptight), and really know their subjects. I have the honor of being in the Multimedia department which is a shining jewel in this school. All the classes teach interesting and relevant software and techniques, and the department is focused on helping students become job-ready in their respective area of study. With the addition of a VR Lab and a 3d print shop I'm super happy that I'm at this college.

Nytasha

I have an overall excellent view of CoM. The counseling and financial aid departments are helpful and available, the instructors are mostly wonderful. I have had a really good experience here. I am just not really fond of the Mathematics department, but the Art and Drama departments are phenomenal. Largely, the instructors here are here because they are passionate about what they do.

Keyla

When I first entered college of marin to do a college credit course it was easy to navigate. During one of my classes the professors were very helpful with providing information for what I was confused about. Most of the time it was very calm and productive atmosphere.

Jacob

While I prefer not to spend much more time at College of Marin than I need to, I do enjoy it very much. My favorite part has been the teachers. Although this doesn't apply to every class, most of my professors seem passionate about what they teach and are always willing to talk to you and ensure that you are learning the curriculum.

Kendy

My overall experience at College of Marin is great. It has a beautiful campus and everyone is friendly. I like the class size because the maximum is around 30 students. One thing that I do not like is that is hard to get into some science classes and sometimes you need to be on the waitlist. Overall College of Marin is a good community college.

Venus

Overall I think College of Marin is a great school. As a student going into the community college scene, I was extremely intimidated. At College of Marin, there was help everywhere I turned. Not only is the staff extremely kind but the students are as well. The classes are similar to that of an average high school class size, which allows you to develop a real relationship with your professor. To my knowledge, there is not much of a party scene though you can find your group of people with time. I would not say the school is extremely diverse but there are a handful of different culture amongst campus. College of Marin pushes engaging in good physical and mental health practices by hosting events. For example, they will host yoga on the grass which is rather peaceful in my opinion. The school is also located in a nice area which in turn gives it great funding. As a result, the facilities are newer and extremely clean. In regards to location, you are only blocks away from a great shopping center and you are walking distance from a high end market with great cooked meals. The campus is really pretty. Marin in general is very green and filled with nature. College of Marin is extremely similar, meaning, there are a lot of pretty areas on campus. Off campus there are many view spots and hikes nearby as well, if you are a nature lover! All in all, I would recommend going to College of Marin. Everyone is very welcoming and helpful. To put it into perspective, I would have no problem sending my future kids to this school.

Keyla

My overall opinion of College of Marin is that it's a great campus with really friendly staff and teachers. I'm a freshman at College of Marin and my first day was a pretty good experience. There were people who were able to help me find my way around the campus and answered all of my questions whenever I was really confused.My teachers were able to help me with any questions I had with either homework or any other assignment. My counselor at College of Marin helped me figure out what I should take during my first semester according to the major I've chosen. Even when I was questioning to drop a class because I was really struggling in the material, my counselor was able to help me figure out the situation. Furthermore the counselors are very passionate about helping students who are confused or struggling with what they want to pursue. I'm very glad I have my counselor to help me with anything that concerns me even if it's academic or personal. Personally I feel that the counselors are very helpful with finding ways to guide students to whatever they want to major in and allowing them to explore outside their major.